Prepaid Card Errors

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mbleau

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acetaminophen View Post
For those encountering an error while redeeming prepaid Riot Points cards. First make sure that you are entering your code in the "Purchase RP" section of the store, and NOT the promotional codes. Some of the older cards will tell you to enter it in the promo code section.

Here are the full instructions on how to redeem a card: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...payment-method

There are 2 type of errors at hand here regarding redeeming prepaid cards:

1. Generic store error - "You have encountered an error. Please try again later."
This is currently an issue we are aware of and working to fix. This means that your game client is having a communication issue with our store. No matter what code you enter, you will get this error because our system is not processing anything that you are submitting. For this, first you should attempt to input the code again without spaces and CLICK the submit button instead of just hitting enter. Also, you may want to close your game client, and clear the cache from Internet Explorer, and then try it again. Additionally, it may take a few tries at redeeming for the client to reestablish communication. You may want to wait a few hours and try it again.

2. Prepaid card specific error - "Your redemption code does not appear to be valid", etc
These transactions are going into our system, but the number got rejected. This could be due to a few reasons. Most common is making sure that you only enter the numbers, with no spaces or dashes, or the number on the card is entered incorrectly. Additionally, the card may have already been redeemed, or the store did not active the card properly. If this is the case, please go to http://support.leagueoflegends.com and file a Billing ticket.

When writing tickets to Billing, to expedite the process, please provide the following:
-Username, Summoner name, and Server:
-Dollar amount of card purchased (Required):
-Scratch off code on the back (Required):
-Country where card was purchased (Required):
-Picture of the receipt and backside of your prepaid card(s) (Required):

I hope this helps to clarify the errors!

TL;DR Enter your codes in the "Purchase RP" section of the store without spaces. CLICK the blue Submit button (do not press enter).
Someone hacked my main account ValtKorr and is playing on it ive sent in a support ticket and haven't got a response back yet its been almost 24hours they are trashing my account and no telling what else they are doing on it please help me out with this i can give u any info on the account i can tell u a lot every champ owned on it the skins the runes etc just help me get it back ive put a lot of money into this game and i hate seeing it wasted on someone taking my account and destroying it. pls read i know its posted in wrong spot

The Fluffy Stuff

12-04-2012

ok thanks

ŸourßestFriend

12-11-2012

riot i acidentally bought a starter pack instead of rp is there anyway i could get refunded?

legends of lol12

12-12-2012

one day i was going to play i tried opening lol like 60. It didnt open i dont understand, i keep on spamming did not work plzzzzzzzz tell me why

Keeko014

12-13-2012

My friend sent me a couple of promo codes by texting me a picture before he threw out the cards. Before i attempt to read these blurry codes and start typing them in, is there a limit to how many attempts before Riot locks you out?

xFecto

12-24-2012

sigh i got 2 $25 dollar prepaid card...one works and one doesn't! the one that doesn't work was when i put it during the prepaid card maintanace......now it say invalid and didn't get credit for it....help?!

Wangotmo

12-24-2012

Q.Q It will take forever for a rioter to respond to my ticket....

BurgerBatman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

riot pls......

zCivilized

12-24-2012

bump

Diabetus X

12-24-2012

I noticed that they have fixed the prepaid but now when I go to re deem it, it says I already have and I got nothing from it.