Mid-Week Skin Sale: Toxic Dr. Mundo and Phantom Karthus

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockSock

03-30-2010

What are people's opinions on skins?

Personally, I like them a lot, but I think they are too expensive. I'd pay $2 for a skin max. Both of these are $3 when they're on sale.

For the record, I'm not asking for this stuff to be free. I'd pay $1-2 for a skin. But when I already dished out $30 for the Collector's Pack, I'm very reluctant to spend $3-5 or more on something that adds nothing to the game.

I'm especially not spending anywhere close to $10 on the skins for the high-dollar characters. It's ridiculous.

muppetjones

03-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrumb View Post
Available this Wednesday through Friday, the Toxic Dr. Mundo and Phantom Karthus skins will be 25% off.

Toxic Dr. Mundo skin (regularly 520 RP), will be only 390 RP!
Phantom Karthus skin (regularly 460 RP), will be only 345 RP!

Click on the Skins tab in the Store to purchase these skins while they're still on sale.
Both of these have been on sale recently...

Jaehee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSock View Post
What are people's opinions on skins?

Personally, I like them a lot, but I think they are too expensive. I'd pay $2 for a skin max. Both of these are $3 when they're on sale.

For the record, I'm not asking for this stuff to be free. I'd pay $1-2 for a skin. But when I already dished out $30 for the Collector's Pack, I'm very reluctant to spend $3-5 or more on something that adds nothing to the game.

I'm especially not spending anywhere close to $10 on the skins for the high-dollar characters. It's ridiculous.
Its an option, a player may or may not use. Though, people with skins look pro-er. Maybe if it was something mandatory, it might be cheaper.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-30-2010

Darn it! I bought Toxic Mundo just a few days ago.

Ah well, money well spent.

RockSock

03-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieRogue View Post
Its an option, a player may or may not use. Though, people with skins look pro-er. Maybe if it was something mandatory, it might be cheaper.
I understand your point.

I guess that's my whole thing. It doesn't really do anything, but the cost is pretty high when you think about it.

I'm not going to start a debate. I'm going to leave this topic. I just want to say something for the people at Riot:

You skins cost too much for what they are. If they were $1-2 each, I would buy them. Even these sale prices are way too high for me considering the goods offered.

aibohPhobia

Recruiter

03-30-2010

Put Mr. Mundoverse on sale... I wanna get it, but im brokeded.

Drkie

03-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aibohphobia View Post
Put Mr. Mundoverse on sale... I wanna get it, but im brokeded.
he was on sale already when he came out he wont be on sale again for a very long time

Fyrfox

03-30-2010

Could we please have a special offer once every 2 months or 3 months where you can buy skins for IP?

Shotgun420

03-30-2010

i want grey warwick

OniKedamono

03-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrfox View Post
Could we please have a special offer once every 2 months or 3 months where you can buy skins for IP?
I doubt this would happen as this is the only thing that makes Riot any money off of their game.