An Interactive "Who Dunnit?" Mystery

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SC Handsome Aces

Recruiter

06-14-2011

Perhaps mentioning someone he would be familiar with might be helpful - Kog'Maw or Malzahar? Might unbutton his "lips" a bit, if he had any.

Nº 5

06-14-2011

Quote:
Bad cop go! Threaten him with camera flashes until he gives you a key item/information or breaks out of his cage or [?].
Quote:
Perhaps mentioning someone he would be familiar with might be helpful - Kog'Maw or Malzahar? Might unbutton his "lips" a bit, if he had any.
In a show of bravado, you hold the torch higher above your head. The miniature camera is in your other hand. "I-I'm warning you, Cho'gath!" Your trigger finger mashes the shutter release button with the speed of a mad paparazzi. Maybe it's time for a career change if you make it out of this mess.

Cho'Gath appears unfazed but amused. You pocket the camera and draw your dagger from its hiding place inside your jacket. It isn't any ordinary dagger. It is endowed with +15% attack speed! The iron handle is quickly growing slippery with sweat. Cho's smirk widens at the "toy."

"W-Why is the cell next to you vacant? I thought that Kog'Maw also resided in this dungeon." You tighten your grip on the pathetic weapon until your knuckles are white.

The towering Void creature shakes his head in response.

"If not Kog'Maw, then who?" you ponder aloud.

Rebecca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

Continue to examine your surroundings, trying to piece something together.

Nº 5

06-14-2011

Quote:
Continue to examine your surroundings, trying to piece something together.
You examine the empty cell. It is a cube comprised of glossy, transparent sheets that are still intact. Ah, so this is the League's rumored new "infallible" prison. Its state-of-the-art force field was designed to prevent a single atom from entering or exiting. A significant portion of the Institute's budget was used to research this techmaturgical phenomenon. How did the prisoner manage to escape?

Standard magical techniques have kept Cho'Gath in check for over two years. Why would the League suddenly require a drastically different prototype? What has changed within the Institute within the past few months?

Wait a second.

Icy fingers suddenly grip your heart. "Nocturne... isn't this Nocturne's..."

You are intterrupted by Cho'Gath's laughter. "... Yes."

The torch begins to flicker as blood drains from your extremities. Panic clouds your thoughts. Your imagination kicks in to overdrive and you could swear that you hear faint laughter from the shadows. The laughter grows louder. It seems alarmingly realistic. You accidentally drop your torch which extinguishes the flicker of blue light.

What an overactive mind! You really should stop watching reruns of horror films late at night.

What do you do now?
- Ignore the voice because it's probably all in your head
- Call out to the voice
- Blindly initiate an attack
- Run
- [?]
Inventory
- Techmaturgical camera with flash
- Blank scroll
- Endless Rage, Endless Ink pen
- 1 red potion
- 1 blue potion
- +15% attack speed dagger
- Silver lighter
- Pack of Bilgewater Smokes cigarettes
- ID/Badge

Rebecca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

Call out to the voice, using the camera flash to light up the room.

Nº 5

06-14-2011

Quote:
Call out to the voice, using the camera flash to light up the room.
"Wh-Who's there?"

You frenetically snap shots in the pitch black dungeon, creating a strobe light effect that seems to entertain Cho-Gath. The brief flashes reveal him shaking his tail back and forth.

The splashes of light make you feel disoriented. You're dizzy. Is this the beginning of a seizure? Sinister laughter shifts from your left ear to your right. An icy mist grazes the hairs on the back of your neck. You swat the air and encounter nothing but chilled air.

"This is too surreal. I must be hallucinating." You recall some tips from Master Yi's bestseller: Wuju Meditate With Me? That's right. Breathe deeply. Chant like a vibrating engine. Close your eyes.

Your pulse gradually slows as your body relaxes. After a couple minutes, you decide to open your eyes-

And see a streak of glowing crimson in your peripheral vision. The hue is hotter than brimstone. The trail of red vanishes and silence falls. "Hello...?" Your voice echoes against the high ceiling. There is no reply. You check your inventory and turn to leave.

"Do I scare you, human? I sense fear..."

Your breathe hitches as a frigid edge scratches your cheek. "Help is not coming... " A blade casually trails across your neck. Nocturne whispers in your ear, "All alone..."

What do you do?
- Ask Cho'Gath for help
- Beg for your life
- Attempt to attack
- Question Nocturne
[?]

SC Handsome Aces

Recruiter

06-14-2011

Question Nocturne. This shows you are a) unafraid and b) are not dumb enough to attack someone who could end your life with a single flick of his wrist.

Nº 5

06-14-2011

Quote:
Question Nocturne. This shows you are a) unafraid and b) are not dumb enough to attack someone who could end your life with a single flick of his wrist.
Your mouth is dry. Beads of sweat have formed on your forehead and are dripping down your temples. "How did you escape?" you stammer. Nocturne laughs quietly. His chilly breathe causes the tip of your nose to become numb.

"He has released me from the League's grasp. Now it is time to exact revenge on those who have imprisoned me. Their twilight approaches. I will cut them from this world." An involuntary shiver travels down your spine, causing Nocturne's blade to draw a shallow crimson line.

You bite your lower lip and meet the Champion's unearthly white eyes. "Why is Cho'Gath still in his cage? Aren't you going to help him?"

"His contract left separate instructions for Cho'Gath. But you won't live to see that day. You are a new flesh bag to slice up." He raises his blade. You shut your eyes, hoping the torture will be swift. However, you know that you will be screaming for death before it ends.

A gentle warmth encircles your body.

Well...That was a merciful murder. You must have passed over to Heaven. After opening your eyes, you see a winged figure wearing golden armor. What a beautiful angel! Hold on, wait a second--

"Into the fray! Your time has come," declares the warrior. Her sword burns with righteous fury, illuminating every inch of the chamber.

"Kayle," jeers Nocturne. He releases you and faces The Judicator. "Do you think that you stand a chance against me without the aid of your precious Summoner?"

"What have you done with her? I knew you had escaped the moment that Paranoia shrouded the Institute in supernatural darkness. Come here; I'll teach you all about the Afterlife." Kayle readies her sword in preparation for a final Reckoning.

You hear footsteps descending from the stairs. "You are nothing more than glass waiting to be smashed." A sparkling aquamarine light, combined with Kayle's fiery sword, casts away every shadow in the dungeon. Every shadow except for Nocturne.

"You shall be crushed. Your crimes are truly, truly, truly outrageous," asserts the Gem Knight. Taric emits a brilliant ball of prismatic light from his gemmed shield. "This will be Dazzling."

Nocturne knows that he is outnumbered and other Champions will undoubtedly arrive soon. Before the opponents can land a blow, his body dissipates into mist. Laughter encircles the room as the malicious aura disappears.

... What will you do now?

Rebecca

06-14-2011

Ask both Kayle and Taric what they know.

SC Handsome Aces

Recruiter

06-15-2011

Enlist the help of the champions. Be honest. You know someone important is behind this, and fear that approaching anyone from the League that is not a champion may let the fact that YOU know get back to whoever that is.