Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

When does ban lift exactly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keyori

06-13-2011

I got banned until tomorrow for leaving/afk, I'm not complaining about that because, whilst unfair, it won't do me any good to complain.

I'm just wondering, does the ban lift after midnight or is it 24 hours from whence the ban begins?

This is my only day off for a week of 14 hour shifts and all I wanted to do was play LoL and chill, I dc'd from one queue and then in my next 3v3 I got teamed with 2afkers so I decided to just let the enemy win and got banned straight away.

Seems a bit harsh to get banned for an honest mistake and then for being teamed with actual leavers?

MidwestWarrior

06-13-2011

24hrs from when the ban was issued. As for leaving/afk did you actually leave the game or walk away causing it to dc due to inactivity, then its the leaverbuster and it doesn't show mercy lol.

Keyori

06-13-2011

I was still playing the game just mega-slacking because It was 5v1, as if I could win. It just seems very unfair that I got banned for other people's neglegence, this leaverbuster system is so broken.

Wrenchman Golin

Senior Wrenchmen

06-13-2011

Suspensions are dealt out in 24-hour periods, I'm sorry for the confusion. As unfair as it seems, the LeaverBuster does its job incredibly well; those two AFKers will probably be suspended as well--if they are not already suspended--what did you do to "let the enemy win?" If you left or AFK as well, the LeaverBuster takes the time you were not participating in the match into account when checking accounts for inactivity. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

MidwestWarrior

06-13-2011

Thats why i adapted the moto of "Never give up until the very end"....also makes it so leaverbuster doesn't turn evil on me! lol

Keyori

06-13-2011

Your apology really doesn't mean anything.

I work 14 hours a day and this is my one day off until next week, now I have literally nothing to do because all my friends are at work until late, I don't care if the other people got banned, it's RIDICULOUS that I got banned because I let the enemy win. I understand now that letting the enemy win was slightly wrong but 5v1?!

MidwestWarrior

06-13-2011

It is unfortunate, however the leaverbuster is meant to crack down on the ones that left your game to ensure that the chance or probability of having leavers is reduced. As for afking, that probably wasn't the right choice on your part. That fact that it was 5v1 is irrelevant to an automated system like the leaver buster. Its an automated system, it might not be perfect yet but it does it job extremely well so far. Sorry but thats just how robots work lol...

ShadowMagi

06-13-2011

It doesn't ban you for one offense.

MidwestWarrior

06-13-2011

Eh, if you have like 10 games total it will ban you for 2, but yes shadow is right it is meant to punish repeated leavers/afkers.

Keyori

06-13-2011

Quote:
ShadowMagi:
It doesn't ban you for one offense.

Well I'm banned.