Best way to jungle Shen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cybergoblin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2010

Whats the most effective way to jungle Shen from the start?

Im wondering if I should go with Vampiric Scepter or perhaps Longsword and just rely on Vorpal Blade for healing.

Id like to jungle without Rally and Smite so I can use my summoner spells for champion killing ones like Exhaust/Ignite.

Thoughts?

PatMcGroyne

03-30-2010

Someone posted a guide and they went with cloth armor to reduce the damage taken... I don't really agree with jungling shen because in order to jungle faster you need to build DPS items and DPS items aren't really what shen needs.

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2010

Jungle Shen wastes 2 skills. Laning allows you to split points to lower energy costs of your relevant ones instead of maxing Vorpal.

Stonewall008

03-30-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...334#post901334

I do disagree with the waste of points. See I feel that Shen isn't a true tank but a support tank (a good one too) and provides utility and damage (even if average) to the team.

Jungling Shen shines when your team is set on finishing the game as quickly as possible.

TaigaStance

Recruiter

03-30-2010

Yeah, Jungling requires a lot of Vorpal Blade when you should be leaving it at a lower level.
It's not completely bad though. You can easily take lizard at level 1 with a cloth armor, a few health pots, and smite.

Kinance

12-20-2010

should always max vorpal blade.... even if ur in lane... with shen...

Arclight Stigma

12-20-2010

I agree with maxing vorpal as most DPS players aren't scared of Shen's attacks

liquidstardust

12-20-2010

laning

Lightbringer6

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight Stigma View Post
I agree with maxing vorpal as most DPS players aren't scared of Shen's attacks
i agree.

Alex Pan

12-20-2010

I just use full Flat armor + MR glpyhs just because that's my Jungle Rammus page. HP quints + Armor Pen reds are probably more effective.
0/21/9
5 HP pots + Cloth, Start with QWQEQR
Kill the 2 mini golems without using smite
Kill Red using smite, killing the minions first - Your can W once i believe, without running out of energy for Q
Kill Wraiths, Wolves
You'll probably get down to about 300hp doing blue, so if you're afraid of getting counter jungled, just kill the minions and base and get it later.