Suggestions concerning the way Matchmaking works

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoldierHabs

07-02-2011

Bump

Speketor

07-02-2011

NIce idea no more noobs

Wackytobbacybong

07-02-2011

Would be "too" cool for a free online game.
bump.

Private Riem

07-03-2011

RIIIIOOOOOOOOOT
Get in here.

Zheta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2011

Good idea, needs tweaking.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2011

um that's why it's solo queue if u wanted to have a perfect team then play premade.

Private Riem

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavinh the third View Post
um that's why it's solo queue if u wanted to have a perfect team then play premade.
Completely misses the point.

enderkin

07-12-2011

This probably won't work.

Why?

Because you be kicking out a majority of the ranked players for this game.

We all have our own biases and our own problems. There are a lot of people who come into a game with preset notions--whether from stress, for trolling, or other reasons--and that isn't going to change. A lot of people just want to play a carry, and many can't play a support or other role for ****.

This is nice and all. I like the concept of solo "premades", and the result would probably be nice.

I just don't think this community is particularly able to handle such a thing. We have a lot of people at every Elo who have no desire to take a game seriously.

Private Riem

07-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderkin View Post
This probably won't work.

Why?

Because you be kicking out a majority of the ranked players for this game.

We all have our own biases and our own problems. There are a lot of people who come into a game with preset notions--whether from stress, for trolling, or other reasons--and that isn't going to change. A lot of people just want to play a carry, and many can't play a support or other role for ****.

This is nice and all. I like the concept of solo "premades", and the result would probably be nice.

I just don't think this community is particularly able to handle such a thing. We have a lot of people at every Elo who have no desire to take a game seriously.
You realise selfish players are what is hurting this game?
Besides, if everybody is encouraged to cooperate, somebody eventually will get it and start cooperating.
Monkey see, monkey do. Plus it'd help get rid of those that don't care about their team and are just wasting the time of 9 other players.

johnny5lives

07-14-2011

There's another thread going for vote kick.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=959194

I have commented on it and suggested some things. The OP has very nice ideas and good visuals, hopefully, the OP can review what I posted in the thread mentioned above, and edit the UI for that.

The lobby method is ok, but there would be some flaws (constructive criticism, not flaws per say, but ) if I may:

1) We do not know which champs are going to be banned and would be picked by the other team, so for the planned champ select, it might be unrealistic.

1a) You also have to consider not only your team composition, but the other team's make as well, which would bring another factor into your character selection. You can't always just decide what character you want and just take it. What happens when the other team takes your character? The ranked games allow both sides to see the others' picks. This brings versatility to the game. You have to know when to change and adapt to different situations.
This is why you can't really 'plan' which character you want, even though your option gives 2-3 champs, one might be ad dps, the other might be ap ranged, another tank. So it would be hard to coordinate.

1b) Since you would be solo queued or dual queued, you don't know how your team will build and play the planned champion. They might go tank items on a dps or hybrid, or ad vs ap. There are those factors too.

1c) With respect to stacking all ad or ap chars and having no tank, there are pros and cons for these team makeup.

1cI) Players that pick tank might have unknown game-play. Sometimes the ones that play tanks don't help the team. They cannot initiate or protect or just farm. This unknown doesn't makes it hard to depend on your 'tank'. You cannot tell your teammates how to play the chars your way.

1cII) Sometimes if you can overpower the other team with just mad dps and/or cc you don't need a tank. Many people have been in games where there's no tank, but things just click and the full dps team wins.

2) If you could take a look at http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=959194 it's the same link as above. I also talked about the MM in the vote kick. In short there would be a user rating system.

2a) The rating system would open up the ability to refine the MM to the players' feedback of other players.

2b) It would provide some valid information to the team to see who they are playing with and why they were down-voted in previous games. This would give some good warning to the team if this player is trolling or not a team player and would warrant a vote kick or not.

Above all else, we need RIOT to consider these suggestions and give us feedback on them. Please review my post on the other thread.