Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is it Possible to get free Skins for Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-13-2011

Riot still needs to design and create the skins, it's not like they can just pop them out of thin air. While creating a skin isn't as demanding as creating a new map (huge understatement, I know), skins actually cost Riot money to make, especially with the quality of skins increasing pretty dramatically.

Action Pact

06-16-2011

Just buy some riot points. The cards are super cheap and for ten bucks you get a nice amount of RP, plus you're supporting the game. =)

Kawaii Lux

06-16-2011

Plus Riot Points is the only real revenue this game has for purchase, it's only fair it costs money and nothing else since it has no balancing factor, aside from looking stylish.

DestinyPlasma

10-29-2011

I really do wish they could do something with the skins and Rp

I mean like why can't we buy the skins with IP but let the 'ulti-rare' ones be sold with RP, which is pretty reasonable in my case cause not buying any skins and seeing others have it is painful

TwistWrist

10-29-2011

You are complaining that you can't get something completely irrelevant to game play for free when that is their main source of income.

Just because you want it doesn't make it reasonable. If you really want skins, do it clientside using skins from leaguecraft.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-29-2011

Why can't Riot just make their entire game free and not have any source of income from it? What do you mean they need to pay their employees? You act as if if Riot's a business, not a charity... oh wait...

Phrixscreoth

Recruiter

10-29-2011

Just like to point out that you can also get Alistar and a skin for him by subscribing to their youtube account. And they also tend to give out skins for big events (I got k-9 nasus that way), though that is more up to luck then anything.

Okami Kageteiru

10-29-2011

Occasionally riot or one of their sponsers will offer free skins for subscribing to things, ect. for example you can get riot girl tristana from facebook and unchained alistar from youtube.

TacticalJR

10-31-2011

If you have like mobile credit then just use that, I used some of my mobile credit to get some RP.

BigB0ther

11-01-2011

People always want more don't they...