Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is it Possible to get free Skins for Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larcer

06-12-2011

Quote:
UnstableFear:
I think it would be nice if they gave every new player like 520 Rp, or let them get a skin for one character.

it is a completely free game and yet you are asking for more. also if they were to do this then you would see a ton of threads asking for their rp back cause they bought a skin of the first champ they bought and no longer use that champ. stop being greedy and just be happy that it is a free game and there is no obligation to pay for it

UnstableFear

06-12-2011

Quote:
Larcer:
it is a completely free game and yet you are asking for more. also if they were to do this then you would see a ton of threads asking for their rp back cause they bought a skin of the first champ they bought and no longer use that champ. stop being greedy and just be happy that it is a free game and there is no obligation to pay for it

Saying "It would be nice" does not make me greedy, and i am not complianing. I do see where you are right about players then wanting to get there RP back,but i also thought they couldnt do that.Thank you for your helpfulness though, I now know that if i want a a skin i must buy it. I have no Problem with that and wish everyone that posted and helped a great winning streak.

Myrmidont

06-12-2011

If you get some form of charity... and then put that money toward skins other than trist's ...then those skins would be free

Wrenchman Golin

Senior Wrenchmen

06-12-2011

Quote:
UnstableFear:
I think it would be nice if they gave every new player like 520 Rp, or let them get a skin for one character.
Skins are pretty much for aesthetics only and people pay a premium for it; it doesn't make much sense to give it away for free because the core package of the game is free--champions, runes, masteries, summoner levels, PVP.net, matchmaking, game servers, forum, Support Site, etc. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but if you really want free RP; try inviting 10 friends to play League of Legends using your referral link. You'll get enough RP for a champion, a skin, or multiple skins on sale (which is what I did).

NecroticBinder

06-12-2011

While it would be nice to get a unique skin for doing well with a champ maybe like 1000 wins with him or something to show that you know what your doing with a champion I doubt it would happen and besides they use skins as a main way to get profit since that's what most people that spend RP buy with it.

NightHawk21

06-12-2011

Now I don't know if this is allowed or legal as far as the game is conserned, so if it breaks any rules just remove my post here, but you can try:
http://leaguecraft.com/
There is a way to mod the characters but I think it only changes on your screen.

EDIT: Although I don't think Riot should give RP to new players (as cool as that would be) it would be nice if every bought champ came with a secondary skin for free that was only a small colour alteration. For example if you bought annie you ge tthe default pink/purple skin and you get another one that blue or something, but no other special changes.

Greyfauxx

Recruiter

06-13-2011

I think I see what he's saying, or maybe this is just a random idea. But what if they made specific Skins that were unlocked through achievements? Then when you see someone running that skin you'll know there BA and not just loaded with cash. Here's some fun ideas.
1: Beat an entire Bot team by yourself.
2: Winning with a No deaths, and "X" amount of kills.
3: Solo'd Baren Knasher.
4: Won in under 10 min.
What do you guys think?

DrunkNSDrinkin

06-13-2011

If they gave Skins away for free, nobody would want to use them. People use skins to show off that they bought them. That's the reason they get away from the classic skin because everyone has it. If people only cared about what the skin looked like for themselves, then they could change it locally.

Tragyk

06-13-2011

Actually if I remember correctly, you might (not completely sure) be able to earn some rp if you make something spectacular for Riot. I've seen amazing works of art done (sculptures, painting, food). If you don't get rp for it, you might get on summoner spotlight.

Greyfauxx

Recruiter

06-13-2011

Quote:
DrunkNSDrinkin:
If they gave Skins away for free, nobody would want to use them. People use skins to show off that they bought them. That's the reason they get away from the classic skin because everyone has it. If people only cared about what the skin looked like for themselves, then they could change it locally.

What if you had to earn them through difficult means? And only specific skins, so other players would know how BA you were?