Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is it Possible to get free Skins for Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnstableFear

06-11-2011

I started Playing Malphite i love the Character,but i was wondering if it is possible to get a skin for being good with the character or something.
Thank You

Also Possible Malphite Skin Idea
Meteorite Malphite
He could look like he was made of Meteors and hes shard move could be like the rings around saturn.
and his ground wave move could be meteors bursting up from the ground.

ScapeRune

06-11-2011

I think the only free skin is from liking LoL on facebook and its for Tristana

Xtractor

06-11-2011

there are more diffrent ways (getting XXX amounts of refferals is one) to get free skins, but in general you should pay for them cause getting free skins is hard.

phatcat09

06-11-2011

It's a Shame you can't trade IP for RP. That way people who don't want to spend money don't have too, and those who do have another reason t purchase rp.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-11-2011

If they did that, they might as well just sell skins for IP and runes for RP, as that's exactly what would happen. Whether or not you agree with their position on not selling power (currently on runes really fall into that category), at least acknowledge that they're sticking to their word and not making work-arounds for people who want to throw money at a game to get better.

UnstableFear

06-12-2011

I Agree

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-12-2011

We all agree with something, but what you agree with is the question.

Larcer

06-12-2011

skins are a major way for riot to make money, they do not affect gameplay at all so it a simply way to make people want to spend money on their game. if you want a skin you will have to buy it with rp

Larcer

06-12-2011

Quote:
phatcat09:
It's a Shame you can't trade IP for RP. That way people who don't want to spend money don't have too, and those who do have another reason t purchase rp.

they are a business, they must be paid somehow. why should they reward the people who want to play their game for free and expect everything to be easily available

UnstableFear

06-12-2011

I think it would be nice if they gave every new player like 520 Rp, or let them get a skin for one character.