A New Champion Approaches: Urf, the Manatee

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

03-29-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Lore:

Despite the traditionally peaceful ways of his people, Urf the Manatee idolized the strength and prowess of champions in the League of Legends and strived to become one. Of all the League's champions, there was none that Urf admired more than Jax the Armsmaster. Since the introduction of the arena, no man has forced the League of Legends to revise their regulations more often than Jax, and the self-proclaimed "Grandmaster at Arms" rattled off a streak of consecutive wins 152 long. In order to compensate for the extreme power of this champion, the League created special sanctions for Jax: He is only allowed to fight with weapons the League deems suitable. For now, that list includes a lamppost, a chickenís foot, a spatula, and a fishing rod.

In his admiration and pursuit to become a weapons master like Jax, Urf has equipped himself with the two great symbols of his Manatee heritage as his weapons: a fish (to symbolize the bounty and providence of the sea) and spatula (to pay homage to his people's age-long pursuit for culinary mastery). Urf now begins his aquatic journey as the League's first Manatee champion, hoping one day he will have the opportunity to cross fish and spatula with chickenís foot and lamppost.

Abilities:

Flippy Floppy: Urf switches weapons between fish and spatula to accommodate the needs of his team. Attacks with fish deal damage over time, while attacks with Spatula deal instant damage

Poseidon's Gaze: Urf calls upon the powers of the Manatee god, Poseidon, to notify his allies of a position on the Fields of Justice. Poseidonís Gaze removes Fog of War.

Flop Strike: Urf flops onto an enemy with massive destructive force. Urf must be directly next to an enemy to successfully execute this skill.

Omnisplash: Urf calls upon the elements to bring forth a destructive deluge of water. All nearby enemies take water damage and are briefly impaired in movement

Big Blue Watery Road (Passive): Urf is naturally faster and more agile in bodies of water.

0rangeSoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-29-2010

O__O
1st
and HOLY SH**
ITS REAL!!!
Riot, you just made my day

or you will eventually break my (already frail) heart

Swanky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2010

FIRST

Please riot actually release this hero, i will have ur babies

Jazzminkey

03-29-2010

ZOMG... If this isn't real there will be... mass quits

chickenburrito

03-29-2010

I thought this was an aprils fools joke...?

chickenburrito

03-29-2010

it says its an aprils fools joke on LoL Wiki

0rangeSoda

Recruiter

03-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenburrito View Post
it says its an aprils fools joke on LoL Wiki
lol that was last year when lol was still in beta

chickenburrito

03-29-2010

oh, i waas gonna say, the taking "joke" too a whole new level

Emergencia

03-29-2010

****ing awesome.

Also, FIRST PAGE!

Also, I can tell his W will be IMBA. Letting your allies know a location? Way to useful and unlike nothing that has been in the game before.

Footman

Adjudicator

03-29-2010

I will pay over 9000 riot points for this champion