LoL Voice Actor Chiming In

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R6N9s97F4DFfYpKd

06-11-2011

Hello LoL gamers. I am relatively new to the LoL forum, and another member, "EmissaryShadow", steered me here to Audio Feedback page. ES seems to think AF visitors would be interested in hearing from me. I assure you, I am definitely NOT the most interesting dude in the world (just ask my wife). That being said, I did provide the voices for Ryze, Shaco, Karthus, Mordekaiser and Kassadin, which was a very cool experience for me at least. Not sure how interested any of you folks would be about the whole thing though.

That being said, If anyone ever finds themselves with a gaming voiceover question, and they think a crusty old voiceover dude may be the guy who could answer it, I'd be happy to do so... to the best of my abilitys anyway. I only ask that you don't torture the newbie too hard.

Here is a short video I put together of my LoL characters (minus Kassadin, didn't remember I voiced him by the time I made this):

A Harrington LoL Characters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R29ye4-jzI

And here are quick clips of 50 different characters from a few of the games I've voiced. The video is only 3 minutes, so each character doesn't get much face time, but you may recognize a few of my characters... besides the LoL guys obviously.

50 characters in 150 Seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oayTjEnIFyg

I've also been working on an up and coming MMORPG called "Rift: Planes of Telara" that I'm very exited about. Here are a few of the 20-odd characters I've provided for the game so far. It's looking and sounding **** slick, and there are rumors it might just give WoW a run for it's money. A guy can hope anyway. Always searching for that next steady gig.

Rift Characters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3jtakxZFFs

So there it is. I'm not usually a big forum guy, but I do like to check in with the people who play and love the games I've been lucky enough to perform in. Some of the most dedicated (and protective) fans in all the entertainment world. And in my 15 years talking into microphones for a living, I've miraculously managed to retain a tiny bit of knowledge on the voiceover in video games biz. I'd be happy to share what little knowledge I have with you, the gamers. I'm also one of the VERY few guys in my business who actually plays video games on a regular basis You'd be amazed, many of the voices you hear in games come from guys and gals who have never picked up a joystick in their entire life. True story.

I look forward to hearing from you (if anyone actually reads this, that is).

-Adam Harrington, Voiceover Guy
www.harringtonvo.com

Kurakresh

06-11-2011

You might have better luck posting this in General Discussion, but that's definitely really awesome.

It's really cool of you to visit the game after having voiced quite a number of the Champions!

I hope people get around to playing with you soon.

Napalm4Kids

06-23-2011

Was it weird doing Kassadin's voice since it's so synthesized? I mean, did you have to really tone it down just to be understandable?

Jeszra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2011

Do you have to do anything odd to get some of the deep/raspy tones? I've heard some metal singers talk about gargling milk right before recording a song to get a specific demonic type effect etc.

R6N9s97F4DFfYpKd

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm4Kids View Post
Was it weird doing Kassadin's voice since it's so synthesized? I mean, did you have to really tone it down just to be understandable?
To be honest, I think I just read him in my normal everyday voice. The effects did all the work in that one.

R6N9s97F4DFfYpKd

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeszra View Post
Do you have to do anything odd to get some of the deep/raspy tones? I've heard some metal singers talk about gargling milk right before recording a song to get a specific demonic type effect etc.
I gargle Jack Daniels and cigarette butts. ;-) Actually, there's no prep involved. I was born a freak.

Napalm4Kids

07-02-2011

So, of course you're in a death metal band, right?

Karathrow

07-04-2011

Wait, you did the voice of Lechuck in Tales of Monkey Island?

Awesome.

Video game voice actors kinda the unsung heroes of gaming. It's a shame so many get replaced with film actors who don't know anything about voice acting but get paid way more.

I think it was one of the Shrek games where they paid Cameron Diaz a small fortune to VA. If they had spent that money on their game instead maybe it wouldn't suck.

DemonicTrilogy

07-05-2011

Are you planning on doing any more future voices for League of Legends?

Foresight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

Was actually just playing around in the LoL folders and listening to the character selection voices. Very cool. I'd recommend others listen to some of the characters foreign voices too, some are quite different.