Top Tier Champions?

123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AgainAndAgain

03-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
Top tier is generally agreed upon:

Jax is by far the best melee DPS and the best carry in the game.

Sivir is ridiculously good at pushing lanes

Alistar is still easily the best tank

Fiddlesticks has good control and a very scary ult

Twisted Fate is incredible at backdooring with the right build but is kinda meh at anything else

High tier:

Corki is a difficult carry to learn but fairly rewarding once you do. Kinda team dependant though and requires mid

Nidalee takes a bit of learning too but has ridiculous sustainability and escapability

Taric/Soraka can practically mean autowin if the other team doesn't have a healer

Annie is still the anti-carry of choice

Malphite is worse than Alistar in almost every way but has a very good initiator ult (that Alistar can imitate, btw)

Nasus is a different kind of tank, one that forces the enemy to either focus him and get owned by carries or ignore him and get owned by Nasus, but is not recommended for pubs

Anivia is one of the hardest champs to learn in the game but is a good caster with excellent control

Morgana is a good support champ but not recommended for pubs because she's also team dependant.
exactly what i was looking for, tyvm.

Xixy

03-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyte Crawler View Post
I gave him a good list and I also told him he should stick to Tryndamere as it sounds like he's good with him.

I personally rarely play any top-top tier except for fiddle. (i play him when my team lacks CC)
Personally I prefer ezreal, there hasn't been a solo mid I've lost yet (not even to another ezreal)
That doesn't make him any less of a tool.

AgainAndAgain

03-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyte Crawler View Post
The current top tier champs look like this because they're basicly the best at what they do.

Highest Tier
Sivir (Pushing)
Fiddle (CC, with a killer ult plus a good jungler)
Alistar (Best Tank and can sustain a push with triumphant roar)
Jax (Melee Carry)

However, the first three usually really on a decent team as well.

Also for best ranged carry its debatable between the following, but their all good (not the highest tier but all close)
Tristana (Good farm and has some spell damage for early/mid game to get to late game items)
Corki (Also has spells like tristana and can deal Attack damage in AoE thx to gatling gun)
TF (Good farm, has a fairly spammable stun and is able to get around the map with ease)
(Nidalee is a melee/ranged hybrid that lacks in full 5v5 team fights)

but you seem to have skill with Tryndamere so keep with him is my honest suggestion.
just be open to try new builds if you lack in success, don't let your team mates get to you! "lower tier" champs see high Elo all the time and they seem to generate buzz. (More recently taric and soraka were seen because of Executioner's nerf, also Mundo has seen some recognition)

If you still want more here's the second tier list. (aka right below highest tier)

2nd tier tanks:
Malphite (Best initiator in game and decent tank, only problem is after he presses his three buttons there's not much reason to target him)
-Nasus- Good farmer, can also tank with few tank items (like alistar, but you still need some items) Deals decent AoE, has one of the top two slows in the game (wither is debateble with nunu Iceball because iceball can be spammed) and has good single target damage for a tank due to Siphoning Strike. (Con is he has no true CC)

2nd tier Support: All the top tier supports are actually in the 2nd tier.
-Nidalee- (heal can sustain pushes or boost a carry + her map control)
-Soraka- (3 second silence can easily change the outcome of a fight as while as her minor Heal+ armor and her amazing ult) ((all due to exe calling nerf)
-Taric- He has two built in auras (Shatterstone and his ult is basicly better than rally) a slightly subpar heal (great for lane though) and a ~1 second stun that helps his team chase. His True Support lies in the fact that he basicly brings a free rally thats almost always up.

2nd tier Melee dps : Lol there are none as only jax can live in fights without dieing.

2nd tier nukers:
Annie (Great initiating nuke+ stun due to tibbers+incinerate)

Ryze (SPELL FLUX YO!) (great nuker, amazing nuking power starting at level 2 (spell flux+ overload) only lacks good cc (Rune prison is just an immobalize)
thanks for the list with detailed info, this will be useful. i will always play tyrn on the side at the very least, but im looking for someone new to try.

JunkRamen

03-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
That doesn't make him any less of a tool.
Well your posting flames in every thread that has a mention of competitive gaming, tier lists, or nerfs isn't really helping anyone either.

Xixy

03-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
Well your posting flames in every thread that has a mention of competitive gaming, tier lists, or nerfs isn't really helping anyone either.
Why would I willingly help out a bunch of tools? That would be like me helping the competitive SSBB scene. It would stain my name.

AgainAndAgain

03-29-2010

Quote:
Why would I willingly help out a bunch of tools? That would be like me helping the competitive SSBB scene. It would stain my name.
as your current behavior is obviously generating huge amounts of respect from all of your peers i can understand why you wouldnt want to be helpful and polite.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-29-2010

Quote:
I'm sorry, and you are...?

JunkRamen

03-29-2010

Quote:
So instead you sit around calling people tools because they play games in what you believe is the wrong way to play them. And all of this to keep your name clean! How unfortunate.

Xixy

03-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgainAndAgain View Post
as your current behavior is obviously generating huge amounts of respect from all of your peers i can understand why you wouldnt want to be helpful and polite.
Respect is the last thing I'm worried about in an online community. If I want respect I'll earn it where it matters.

AgainAndAgain

03-29-2010

Quote:
Respect is the last thing I'm worried about in an online community. If I want respect I'll earn it where it matters.
youve just contradicted yourself. a minute ago you were going on about how you didnt want to ruin your good name and now youre saying you dont care. make up your mind.

123456 ... 12