Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can champions not overlap each other?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RagingHormones

06-10-2011

It is so frustrating casting single target abilities in team fights where everyone is bunched up together. Some examples worth mentioning: A 6 feast chogath click shielding a squishy ashe from sion's stun, or a Zilean ult casted on a full health mundo instead of the yi next to him who is near death. I liked how in Wc3/Dota each unit was surrounded by a green circle that cannot overlap other units' circles. Is this possible with LoL?

PS: This would also help with auto-attacking. I recently had a game where i was Kog'maw and i had sword of the divine. I would eat the other team's Jax alive whenever he got into range, but the problem was that in teamfights there would always be 2 other melee champions beside him focusing a single target. I could never tell if I was really hitting him because the hp bars were all overlapped and all the spells flashing everywhere didn't help.

DaejinTye

06-10-2011

This would help a lot. +1

turkeyBACON

06-11-2011

I know this isn't the solution you were looking for but all allied champs are hotkeyed to the F1-F5 keys. If they are in range of your spell, you can auto select them for the spell with one of those keys.

I also think the ally portraits on the left side of your screen can serve the same function? Someone else should probably confirm or deny that.

DaejinTye

06-11-2011

They should... At least perb's UI allows for that.

Also, that helps for defensive champions. We need a solution for offensive champions.

Though, since I use smart casting, the F-keys don't do anything for me. I still have to have my cursor hovering over them.

ShaDemon

06-12-2011

I think that champions should be able to overlap, but I think that the health bars should stack neatly like they do in WoW.

DaejinTye

06-12-2011

Quote:
ShaDemon:
I think that champions should be able to overlap, but I think that the health bars should stack neatly like they do in WoW.

If I was still allowed to chose my target, but even then... To have players just morph and mold through eachother? Not a very good idea in my opinnion.

That would make it impossible to "trap" someone with a quick gank. They'd run right through actual champions like Ghost was active.

I would like a way to be able to chose my target, especially when I'm clicking on the model for my target accurately and clearly. I hate it when a mistake on the UI's end is the result of a fail, let alone a loss, for me.

RagingHormones

06-19-2011

bump

Insomniac Ren

06-20-2011

smart casting helps

but yeah i hate it when everyone hides under the 6 feasted cho making it impossible to target by anything other than aoe. its happened numerous times and it always makes me rage. its just incredibly cheap and needs to be fixed.

Robiño

06-21-2011

bump

bman3k

06-21-2011

I agree, I know they wanted some of this overlap to prevent minion blocking, but they stack too much in team fights like OP said.