Steal or no

Yes, stealing will win you the game 56 87.50%
No, stealing is noobish and dumb 8 12.50%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

[Discussion] Steal or no steal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tarrtarr

03-30-2010

Honestly it really depends if you are saying that you gate across the map when the enemy is sure to die just to get a kill then that imo is a waste of a gate. It is better for you to have that up for when you need it so just gating to get a kill that would of happened regardless is stupid and greedy.

If the outcome is unsure and you gate and end up getting a kill then by all means take it, and tell them to screw off.

I have no problems with carries getting kills i have almost finished if i am playing a tank or support. However to waste an unneeded ult just to get the money because you feel you are more important is stupid. ALL characters can use the money to help the team not just the carry.

Krumsly

03-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratface View Post
ive seen way too many times were a tank (lets say malphite) will wait till you(the dps) tank all the damage while doing all the damage and then you die he will ult in and kill the person. and if its more than one will eventually die. when he could have already been in the battle using his abilities to help the dps out while trying to keep him alive. the knockup from malphites ult could be enough to save the dps.
I've seen the very opposite of this. I'll be throwing around my weight as malphite fighting 3 people and getting the all low when they finally kill me. And after I die the carry who thought it would be smarter to jungle right next to the battle comes in and takes all 3.

CarlSagansCosmos

03-31-2010

I voted yes, but I didn't read, I assumed it was for buffs and farming, like golems.

For players, I don't think so. Doesn't matter who usually though just because you need to push the towers. If you're a carry, you're almost expected to get the kill. I don't call KS if it's done by support or Tanks because they usually have hard enough time trying to keep up.

I've only seen one time this became a problem, in which we were playing with a TF and the enemy team began to build to defend against him. He was fed, but during any combat they'd focus him and if we got into a fight we were somewhat underpowered compared to them. I really don't mind feeding carries (even other carries if I'm playing one) so long as those towers come down.

Benadryl Jackson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2010

It really depends on the circumstances. Are you playing a carry? Then stealing might be ok. Are you playing Cho'Gath? Then you probably shouldn't om nom nom someone who is sure to die to your team's carry (especially if they got a slow start), who needs kills a lot more than you do.

Even if you are playing someone like TF, try to use a little courtesy. There have been times where I Destiny'd somewhere, only to find that my target was about to die anyway. Unless I'm really hurting for kills, I just hit them once for the stun, let my teammate finish them off, and walk away with an assist while helping to push the tower.

I learned this lesson the hard way by having several losing games where I got scores like 25/0/10, the reason for our loss being that all the wealth from kills was concentrated in me alone and not spread out more evenly among the team.

Cake Mage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2010

When you are fighting the enemy if your spells aren't on cool down you're ****ing your team over. dont wait to ks with skills go all out and **** **** up.

You will find lots of people never use skills until the last minute. Ignore these people and hope you don't have to play with them again.

Baculus

04-02-2010

Kill stealing is clear in my mind for the next four situations.

1) The enemy was going to die/thoroughly dead and the KSer ran in to finish the job. Bonus jack*#$ points if the character used their ultimate, or are a support character.

2) Allowing allies to die to guarantee a kill. Why use an ult now when your brother in arms could get that last hit in? Let him die, then kill.

3) Wasting an ultimate that the team needs(TF and Karthus, I'm looking at you) to get a few easy kills but when the chips are down it's not available. I've been in games where the Karthus popped his ult to steal two kills from my lanemate and I, but a minute later the other team is going to die against enemies with <500 health.

4) The worst? At the end of the game gloat about how AWESOME you were for having 20/5/0 and then asking your support Morgana(With 1/0/35) what she was doing the entire game and to stop leaching off of everyone else. You know, she was the one who snared 35 kills and kept the entire team alive and safe from debuffs and ults. Gee thanks.

If you do the first three, you can avoid the fourth by thanking your teammates for making your kills possible and apologize for stealing their gold, satisfaction, and crowning moments of awesome. In return they will thank you for making the kill, bringing the game to a close, and saving them from certain death.

Really, it's all about context and the carry keeping their god cursed ego in check.