Steal or no

Yes, stealing will win you the game 56 87.50%
No, stealing is noobish and dumb 8 12.50%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

[Discussion] Steal or no steal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matthew21210

03-29-2010

As a carry there is no such thing as kill stealing. They're trying to feed you in the first place or your teammates are stupid.
Twitch doesn't have expunge for not mopping up the fleeing three heros that his teamates just bursted down. I hear the sound of a triple kill and a shiny new IE for our friend twitch.
Ashe doesn't have that ridiculous gank arrow for NOT standing to the side then dealing ridiculous amount of damage at the end..
TF isn't even worth mentioning. he's got the KS cone of doom, plus the "Stop moving and let ME kill you with bonus damage" skill.
I bet your teammates are the kind of people who ***** when you try to grab lizard as Twitch then try to steal it. (not help you take it. that's nice and all. just sit there and try to last hit like a jackass) If so, Kindly have them tentacle raped at your earliest convenience.

XeroJin84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2010

unless it's alistar who purposely uses his skill to get the kill, it's not a ks... Alistar is weak enough that he'll hardly get kills, and when he does, it's usually unintentional but also, on the flip side, helps him get better tanking gear that much quicker to help tank the other team.

XxArCh3RxX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2010

i vote dont ks....well that mainly coz i play annie or ryze so i need my kills 2 support my team

egglayin

03-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excession View Post

Why are you playing AD TF?

The dude has no escape, low range, and 1800 health at level 18. Imho, AP TF is still better. If you want me to explain i will but right now I'm lazy and tired. :P

Anyways I voted steal.
I go mallet for health/damage and he's got 2500 at lvl 18 + slow + stun and a 2 second getaway teleport... I get 1.95 attack speed and about 350 damage with a +180 every 4th attack which is every 2 seconds
I'd say thats pretty ****ing awesome

GuyGin

03-30-2010

Number one priority is that the enemy dies. Just don't be a total ****** and do things like this game I was in the other night.

I had double bombed an enemy and ignited him, he was about 10% health certain to die when the 2nd bomb went off (as zil).

What does ashe do? Ult him and kill him with ECA as he's running away.
Waste of an ult that could have been used to get a kill on his lane mate, and an annoying kill steal.

bruyas

03-30-2010

I think it's dumb complaining to a carry about KS, it's a team game and a carry that has been fed can guide a team to a victory (probably), but there are cases when you feel someone stole your kill, example: I was Gangplank and was about to kill a godlike TF, used my ult, exhaust, parrley, he was about to die and an ally Warwick runs and kill him , in that case is uncool. Still i don't see the point of arguing in a game bout KS.

Pissfer

03-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxArCh3RxX View Post
i vote dont ks....well that mainly coz i play annie or ryze so i need my kills 2 support my team
Well, that's different to a degree, because you ARE the carry, so no they shouldn't be KSing a Ryze or Annie, ESPECIALLY after they get their Mejai's

ratface

03-30-2010

ive seen way too many times were a tank (lets say malphite) will wait till you(the dps) tank all the damage while doing all the damage and then you die he will ult in and kill the person. and if its more than one will eventually die. when he could have already been in the battle using his abilities to help the dps out while trying to keep him alive. the knockup from malphites ult could be enough to save the dps.

Tha PowdaMan

03-30-2010

I find it hard with TF. Playin over 200 games with him. I usually gate in when someones getting away. For the most type I try to just block so they'll turn back to whoever was chasing, but if they're on a sprint ala Yi, I have to finish the job.

With TF its a kiss of death. You help in team battles, everyone loves you. You try not to KS and they die and they ***** why you didn't finish them off. It's a team game. You kill all the time, everytime! Killing is much better then letting the enemy get away.

The only real KS is on neutrals. Nothin burns me up more then you killing Lizard or Golem, and they run in and last hit...... OMG. lol.(that happened to me last night and it was a big WTF moment)

sser

03-30-2010

If you're a carry then steal kills with impunity.

If you're a tank try not to steal but don't try so hard that you let enemies get away. More often than not just go in for the kill and let the killing-blow distribution be ****ed. You can definitely steal, though. As an example, I think the more common style of a tank stealing a kill is Alistar punting for the last hit when the team carries are right there. Don't do that. Don't be Malphite and blow your ultimate to charge and snatch a 10hp-enemy from Jax who is standing right there. Don't flash to the enemy as a tank just to do any of those things. That's just obnoxious.