Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Steal or no

Yes, stealing will win you the game 56 87.5%
No, stealing is noobish and dumb 8 12.5%
Voters 64 .

[Discussion] Steal or no steal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XeroJin84

03-29-2010

Quote:
Eat dat chammich:
If you are playing with people of equal skill level you don't get to toy with them like that. You give them a moment and they get away or get a kill. Use what you have to secure the victory. That is not to say that you blow 2-5 ults for one kill but killing players is not like farming rune mobs...you can't just back off and let some one have the kill.

^ This. It really happens, sometimes it's enough time that they'll run away.

Grandpappy

03-29-2010

The only time I consider it kill stealing is if a tank gets the kill when there's a carry in range that could have easily done it. IMO, it's impossible for a carry to kill steal. That's your job.

IndomitusRex

03-29-2010

Having any player swoop in and get the last hit on an opponent that you put the work into killing is just annoying. In any kind of PuG game the person doing something like that is doing it, most likely, because he's greedy and rude, not because he has the best interests of the team in mind, and wants to be the best possible carry he can be. Frankly, I rarely trust anyone I'm not on vent with to actually carry. It does happen, but it's usually a surprise.

If it's in a team game, and there's any doubt that I'll be able to finish off a target, by all means help out. If you get the kill, so be it, the target died.

That whole "it's a team game" thing works both way. A carry doesn't win the game 1vs5, so don't starve out your team members for kills and say you're doing it to help them.

Brother Malleus

03-29-2010

I agree with what others have said about it being a team game and not worrying too much about who gets the kill. There are only a few exceptions to that. For example, if two teammates are sure they are going to kill an opponent, and only one of them has a stacking item (Mejai's Soulstealer/Sword of the Occult) -- it is considered polite to let that person get the actual "kill", as those items grant more stacks for a kill than an assist.

Also, early on, some carries benefit disproportionately from extra early gold. Allowing them to get the lion's share makes them scarier, which helps them snowball.

In other words, use your common sense -- do what benefits the team the most. By the late game it really shouldn't matter, and no backing off if it allows the enemy even a tiny chance to get away.

PackMan97

03-29-2010

The only thing you can kill steal are the neutral creep buffs when a team member is already engaged and you come along and kill them and are wearing the buff.

All champion kills are really luck of the draw. Besides, you never know when a Kayle, Morgana, Zil, Shen, etc is going to show up and save/counter gank...so if they wanted the kill, get it quicker.

spreadfred

03-29-2010

try typing "sry 4 ks :S" before anyone on your team can get mad. it seems to work pretty well for me

Excession

03-29-2010

Why are you playing AD TF?

The dude has no escape, low range, and 1800 health at level 18. Imho, AP TF is still better. If you want me to explain i will but right now I'm lazy and tired. :P

Anyways I voted steal.

madrojian

03-29-2010

it's not really killstealing if you're the carry, in my experience; if anything, the team needs to be feeding you kills to get you to top form. at the same time, however, if the carry is already fed or the match is going well, it's wise to spread the wealth. carries are the most important when it comes to kills, but bear in mind that tanks don't tank well, and support doesn't support well if they've been gold-starved all match.

tl;dr: carries have first call on gold, but don't deny the rest of your team in the process.

Solaris Shadow

Recruiter

03-29-2010

Gotta say go ahead and steal the kill if your the carry, unless the character will die anyways something like just ignited with 10 health left the just leave it to your team mate. I usually play blitz or a tank, so not playing for the kills all about initiating and winning battles.

Xenarchy

03-29-2010

Unless you waste your ult to get the kill, there really is no Kill stealing. Tell them to F*ck off