Steal or no

Yes, stealing will win you the game 56 87.50%
No, stealing is noobish and dumb 8 12.50%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

[Discussion] Steal or no steal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

egglayin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2010

Hello fellow LoL players
I recently played a lot of games with Twisted Fate AD, and learned that he is actually a decent carry, if not one of the best. My question to you is:
Should a carry steal kills?
With TF I usually end up with 10-15 "steals" and in every game my teammates insisted that I was being noobish because stealing is what noobs do. Even when I destroyed the entire opposing team they refused to see the logic: If I get fed, be it stealing or "regular" kills, we will (usually) win the game.
Of course this is not just TF I am talking about but all "Carry" champions out there.
So give me your input, as I'm tired of arguing with my own team all the **** time.
- egglayin

Eat dat chammich

03-29-2010

There is no such thing as stealing kills. Team game. Individuals be ****ed.

Admonished

03-29-2010

Personally i don't really believe in kill stealing, as in you can't really do it. This game is way too team centered for that to be a real issue. As long as your getting kills everyone should be happy, if your playig with the kind of ppl that complain about that your already in trouble. However i will say this: wasting a port to finish off a champ that your teammates definitly are going to finish off themselves is more of a waste then a help. Realize that a Carry isn't the whole team and if your teamates cant get decent farm your also gimping yourself.

egglayin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admonished View Post
Personally i don't really believe in kill stealing, as in you can't really do it. This game is way too team centered for that to be a real issue. As long as your getting kills everyone should be happy, if your playig with the kind of ppl that complain about that your already in trouble. However i will say this: wasting a port to finish off a champ that your teammates definitly are going to finish off themselves is more of a waste then a help. Realize that a Carry isn't the whole team and if your teamates cant get decent farm your also gimping yourself.
exactly what I was trying to say

SyeBlaze

03-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat dat chammich View Post
There is no such thing as stealing kills. Team game. Individuals be ****ed.
What he said.

Gumb E

03-29-2010

If you're sitting on your thumb and not contributing while your ally engages in a non-trivial fight against one or more champions, only to swoop in and nab the kill at the last moment, it's understandably going to rub your teammates raw.

It IS still good, though, IF you're the carry, to get those last hits. Generally. This is a TEAM game and if one player becomes unstoppable, it's good for the team. Consider, at the very least, contributing basic autoattacks to the fight while you're waiting to "steal" that kill.

An exception I'd make, however, is let's say the enemy champion is level 14, you're 15, and your ally is 12. He gets a lot more experience/gold for the kill than you do. Let him catch up. This is a TEAM game, and if one player falls behind and becomes useless, it's bad for the team. You'll still get Assist money and you'll have an opportunity to farm creeps while the enemy respawns.

ColdBlooded

03-29-2010

one game i was playing Nid and i solo'd mid. I ran around the map ganking after I hit 6. I dealt most of the damage and was on my way to carrying the team to victory but the only thing was, everyone else got the final hit in. Late game, my item build suffered and I couldn't put out the DPS needed to take people down. so, if you're carrying, you need the kills to get the gold to get the gear.

Eat dat chammich

03-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumb E View Post
If you're sitting on your thumb and not contributing while your ally engages in a non-trivial fight against one or more champions, only to swoop in and nab the kill at the last moment, it's understandably going to rub your teammates raw.

It IS still good, though, IF you're the carry, to get those last hits. Generally. This is a TEAM game and if one player becomes unstoppable, it's good for the team. Consider, at the very least, contributing basic autoattacks to the fight while you're waiting to "steal" that kill.

An exception I'd make, however, is let's say the enemy champion is level 14, you're 15, and your ally is 12. He gets a lot more experience/gold for the kill than you do. Let him catch up. This is a TEAM game, and if one player falls behind and becomes useless, it's bad for the team. You'll still get Assist money and you'll have an opportunity to farm creeps while the enemy respawns.
If you are playing with people of equal skill level you don't get to toy with them like that. You give them a moment and they get away or get a kill. Use what you have to secure the victory. That is not to say that you blow 2-5 ults for one kill but killing players is not like farming rune mobs...you can't just back off and let some one have the kill.

BlueBuddha

03-29-2010

no such thing, only noobs cry KS!

XeroJin84

03-29-2010

This is a team game... doing your best to eliminate the other team, disrupt the other team, and stay alive is all you should be worried about.