Universal Tier 3 runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yendoc

03-28-2010

I am currently level 17 I've saved up 9k IP sofar for when I hit level 21.
What kind of runes are good across the board for all the heroes?

Sofar I've bought Katarina, Mundo, Alistar, and Soraka. My main is Kat, she's by far my favorite hero to play atm.

AIM7Sparrow

03-28-2010

Yellows and Blues are simple:
Yellow: Flat HP/Dodge/Scaling HP work great on anyone, especially dodge if you get the nimbleness mastery (works well with Katarina)
Blues: CDR at 18 also works great with anyone. This gives you 8.1% CDR at lv 18.
Quints: Flat HP works well all around, especially for aggressive solo-mid play as Kat.
Red: The most "Universal" would be Armor Pen but seeing as how you main Kat, I guess magic pen would work. Magic pen is a more inferior rune in my opinion though and much less universal.

wildfire393

03-28-2010

Marks: Armor Pen or Magic Pen
Seals: I like mp/5, but since you play Kat and Mundo, dodge is more universal
Glyphs: Cooldown Reduction (flat is loads better, per level barely gives you any more and doesn't break even until like 14)
Quints: Flat HP

Yendoc

03-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
Yellows and Blues are simple:
Yellow: Flat HP/Dodge/Scaling HP work great on anyone, especially dodge if you get the nimbleness mastery (works well with Katarina)
Blues: CDR at 18 also works great with anyone. This gives you 8.1% CDR at lv 18.
Quints: Flat HP works well all around, especially for aggressive solo-mid play as Kat.
Red: The most "Universal" would be Armor Pen but seeing as how you main Kat, I guess magic pen would work. Magic pen is a more inferior rune in my opinion though and much less universal.
You know what's funny, I get que dodged alot for calling mid, or even just picking Kat. They say Kat sux, as a hero and mid, and should be in a side lane.

Katarina is a beast with last hitting and she can pretty much out harass anyone mid beside another Kat. Maybe when I get my ELO up people will realize what an awesome hero she is both overall and solomid.