Tiamat on Malphite

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyta Reimalken

03-28-2010

I am trying to sift through a large amount of useless threads about 5 tiamat gangplanks and suchlike to find some info on the use of tiamat on Malph, I know that in general its seen as a poor item, and i can see why in a lot of ways, still, from what i have read a number of people seem to think its handy on malph.
How does the small AOE interact with the AOE bonus malph already gets from Brutal Strikes?
Do additional Tiamats have an effect? (more aoe or more % damage?)
How would they stack?
And I guess importantly, do you see a tiamat on malphite as being viable.
For my money hes a very versatile hero who can play both tank and dps, and makes a great initiator.
I'd appreciate some input from people who've played him a lot though.

zbishop

03-28-2010

ive tried 1 tiamat on him

its actually really funny b/c the splash damage does more than his actual attack, and yes, it does stack with brutal strikes, its as if you attacked twice

you wipe creep waves in 2 attacks

Ebonclaw

03-28-2010

I saw someone do quite well with Tiamat on Malph recently. I think if you're going to initiate a lot, and the enemy team has at least 3 melee, it could be pretty powerful in team fights. But, it's highly situational. Personally I don't like a squishy 'pure DPS' Malph, I do a meatier build that is more tanky at first, then more DPS items as time passes, so it's hard, Tiamat would be like my 5th item, as the synergies in the rest of the build are pretty specific.

Just bear in mind, if you're only beating on one guy, you're not getting your money's worth, and those 2+ guys gotta be standing pretty close for it to matter. If they just made the AOE even slightly bigger (like 20-30 units even), it would be so much nicer.

wildfire393

03-28-2010

Multiple Tiamats just increase the amount of damage splashed. Tiamat + Brutal Strikes (or Kayle's Splash ability) just increases the damage splashed. It's honestly not that great though because enemy champions rarely stand close enough to each other for Tiamat splashing to be that effective, except on Twitch who can splash through a whole wave of creeps + champs and get multiple splashes on each.