Beginning Item for Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosGopherSucks

03-28-2010

I've been playing Jax recently, and have yet to find a good starting item for him.

I've experimented from doran's ring, to doran's blade, to doran's shield, to amplifying tome, to boots, etc.

I find that boots or doran's shield has been the most effective so far, and usually I go with doran's shield.

However, I've also wondered if regrowth pendant is a good way to avoid harassment at the beginning of the game? What do you think of regrowth pendant vs. doran's shield?

Any pointers?

Pwnacus Maximus

03-28-2010

always pick dorans shield, and play defensive unless you KNOW you can get a kill.

I am so RuDe

03-28-2010

Start item with jax is Doran's RING imo... you will never need mana again and you have some extra health because of his passive combined with the AP the Ring gives u

Lg RuDy

Belgskuh

03-28-2010

Dorans shield or dorans ring should do.

If u get ring id get lifesteal item as soon as possible tough. Else youll have to town / use hp pots a lot in the beginning.
With the shield however u only need to town once in a while for mp and will regain hp steadly

FailPatrol

03-28-2010

I always pick regrowth pendant. Doran shield is good, but if you get harassers, you will be pissed to wait 5 minutes to get back to full health. With Jax, you want to harass back. Max out leap strike and you will own your lane 2v1.

Quote:
always pick dorans shield, and play defensive unless you KNOW you can get a kill.
Wrong. With Jax, you need to play agressive. Trust me if they are ranged or squishy they will fear so much. They will tower hug the whole game.

Pwnacus Maximus

03-28-2010

Let me clarify. I meant play defensive untill level six or so, so you don't feed early game and end up hurting your team.

Ebonclaw

03-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunster View Post
I find that boots or doran's shield has been the most effective so far, and usually I go with doran's shield.
Personally, I always do Boots + 3 HP pots. Be cautious until level 3-4 and you and your lane partner both have a strong combo of abilities to blow in someone's face.

I really like the run speed though, as you can harass enemies with Empower, which is very mana effective. Also, you can run people down, or escape much more easily, depending on how the fight goes.