Alistar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ord Mantell

06-08-2011

Going to start maining him. I have the masteries and runes down... but I need everyones opinions on summoner spells.

off the bat I would assume flash and ghost..but what do you think?

Arys Dayne

06-08-2011

I think flash is the most important one and then add either ghost or cleanse (sometimes the ult isn't enough and you need to get rid of another cc effect)

YeaaaYa

06-08-2011

Alistar is all about positioning which makes flash required, ghost while not being as needed as flash is still more valuable than any other summoner spell.

Analu

06-08-2011

Flash is mandatory. Options for the second spell include:
Ghost - the second best positioning spell.
Smite - Alistar is an amazing jungler as well.
Clairvoyance - Every team should have one.
Exhaust - Make those ganks even better!

KvarrBrown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-08-2011

Flash ftw,

Now the other one... you can pick many things...
Ghost,
Depending of your build clarity.
teleport to counter gank.
Weaken, 1 moar disable to protect you squishyshy
cv
cleanse is good depending on your build, and is especially good until lvl 6
I dont like ignite, but some people go for it...

It is all how you will play him.

I wish they would add another summoner spell:

Mooing, only Alistar can use it.
Alistar moo and the opponents are inflicted with fear for 0.5 sec, your allies gains bonus dmg, and if there is a ww (on any team) instead of fear he is taunted until he kills alistar.

Hugorgy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2011

the best spell for alistar depends on HOW do you play him, because a champion like him can do (almost) wathever you wants (jungler, support, tank, dps, etc).
Spells you could use on him?
smite for jungling, clairvoyance for the team,
flash is the best for positioning in ganks and teamfights
ghost for chasing, fleeing or opening and only if the enemy let you positioning.

also you can have exhaust if you prefer offense over defense. Defense would be cleanse xd

Greyfeld

06-08-2011

I tend to run Exhaust because I don't build Alistair very offensively, so the extra snare gives my carries enough time to kill the target.

Teekink

06-08-2011

Here, I'll lay it out on the table. I play alistar in 3/5 of my games.

Flash is mandatory, ofc. Never ever ever not get it.

The other summoner spell should be based on what your team doesn't have.
Teleport - If you team doesn't have one
Clairvoyance - If your team doesn't have one
Teleport is generally > CV, but always look at your team and figure it out. If you are playing ranked, and they have a jungler, I would prefer CV.

If your team already has both, then it gets a little more complicated. Even though some people think cleanse is good, I tend to disagree. Once you've done your headbutt/pulverize, you won't be doing much else. If they use more CC on you, that is good, it means they didn't use it on your teammates. Ignite is another option, but I would stay away. You don't want to be getting kills, you want assists, your teammates need that extra gold way more than you do. But if you play ranked and their team has a healer and your team doesn't have ignite, you should really consider it (actually, I'd place it before tele/CV if that happens). Heal is meh. Clarity is meh. Rally is meh. As for smite, Alistar shouldn't really be jungling. His heal is aoe. He'd be much better off in a lane with a squishy, so the squishy has some more beef with which to attack (pun not intended). Ghost isn't a great pick on Alistar, tbh. It won't help positioning all that much, but it could help when you are chasing. But if you are playing alistar, you shouldn't be autoattacking when you could be walking towards their escape while your pulverize/headbutt comes off of cooldown. If you use it to get places, teleport is better half the time, not to mention you can use it to get out of a gank, stop a split push, and teleport in during a fight.

tl;dr
In order of importance
Flash
Teleport (if your team doesn't have 2)
CV (if your team doesn't have 1)

After that, use your discretion.