Is Roaming with Mid-Solo Ashe Worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MegaOverlord

03-27-2010

I tend to be given mid solo as Ashe and I like to leave my lane immediately after hitting lvl 6 if I can't kill in my own lane. My arrows are solid so it's rare that these ganks are unsuccessful provided my teammates capitalize on the moment. The problem I encounter is when the other solo is an excellent pusher or farmer and capitalizes on my absences to farm and push the towers without harassment.

So here's what I'm wondering, do you guys think it's worth it to roam if you are given solo? I come from Dota mind you where it really hurts the other team when you gank them into the ground but in this game it seems like you can only mass gold faster than your opponent to outcarry him. I'm considering that an Ashe who can arrow well is better off on a side lane so roaming wont ever hurt the team. Thoughts?

AIM7Sparrow

03-27-2010

Try just arrowing from mid lane without leaving it to continue the gank. Longer stun time offsets you adding extra damage from being there. It is harder to hit though and takes practice to read where enemies will be like 6s in the future.

Also I don't know about which summoner spells you bring, but to get a kill mid-lane at lv 6, try bringing flash. Go stand near your tower, ult your lane partner mid, and flash quickly over to him and start wailing on him. If you've harassed him enough (easy enough with Volley) and he doesn't have cleanse (most people don't), it should be a fairly easy kill.

Vindeen

03-28-2010

I always roam with ashe, esp if my team is getting beaten up on lanes. Usually i have telport and X as summoner spells, so I just fire a arrow from spawn, use teleport and then the arrow will hit them the exact time i teleport there.

EDIT: And I will usually give mid to a carry who have been beaten up

xail

03-28-2010

I find it to be situational, like everything else. Ideally you push your opponent to their tower, or force them back to town, and then go gank. Even walking without boots top and then immediately back shouldn't result in too much damage to your tower unless you are against a sivir with rally. It is very important to go gank in lanes that your team is getting crushed, you can get away with just sending an arrow to lanes that are about even.

If your team is organized enough ask someone bot or if someone is jungling to cover your lane, don't wait for them to get mid because that is too obvious. You just want them toy get mid by the time your opponent has reached your tower.

ObjectiveTruth

03-28-2010

Depends on the situation:

If the enemy is obviously and constantly overextending one of the side lanes, then it will be an easy gank, Go ahead and roam.

It sucks to lose a mid tower, but if you're up against a Mord, or sivir, then just let em have the tower they won't leave the lane until they do usually and you're better at ganking than taking towers, so capitalize on your strengths than try to make up for your weaknesses against these strong pushers.

If both your lanes are somwhere in the middle, I find it best to just sit in mid and fire arrows.

I go heavy CDR ashe, so i get an arrow every 45-50 seconds. If i miss, that's fine i'll try again in 45seconds.

But if you can hit with one of those arrows, its usually an easy kill for your allies and a strong boost for your team.

Of course as ashe i never like to go past the river unless i have allies or i KNOW where the enemy is (since ashe is a very easy squishy target).

However, if the other mid leaves, and you're past river, i usually go and ROAM.