[Guide] The MFing Shen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blackstoise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-28-2010

Just wanted to add that feint is freaking amazing now, especially against auto-Attack teams. I max it before vorporal blade if the opposing team has mostly auto-attackers. You gains 2 seconds of immunity vs those guys.

EDIT: Spelling

blimpkin

05-17-2010

When i started out playing shen, i played using your guide to a certain degree of success (60% win rate) but ever since the newest patches, feint has been changed radically and it is now a much more powerful. I usualy go vorpal, feint, vorpal, dash then prioritise on vorpal and dash. Until lvl 5-6 you won't need to taunt (and the .8s you do don't count for much) so getting dash is a defensive move, rather than a tank move. When i said i play using your style, meant the MFShen style- psychological detterent. Dash makes you run away (you thus deny damage but you're not there to deny creep kills)while feint makes you ABSORB damage (so your Shen seems like he's made of 100+ armour and they're like "lucky landlubber blocked me parrlay"). Getting it at lvl 2means your enemy harass gets taken down a notch and it's 8 sec CD means you won't be using it all the time (so you can vorpal more) and these two considerations combined can make sitting BEHIND the enemy creep wave an option. (if you would NOT have feint and you'd need to escape, you'd need to run through creeps drawing their fire. feint allows you to block that)
I've succesfully 1v2'd enemy champs early game bringing them both down on HP and actually denying them creep kills, but i couldn't have done that if i had taken dash over feint.
It's also quite easy to use feint to deny harass from ANYONE that is melee and thinks his sole range ability counts against shen. You just need to keep on your toes and punch W when he's almost in range to parrlay/2shiv etc. At lvl under 6 you won't be using dash so much, feint has a 8sec CD and your vorpal blade has little damage (thus not the best harass tool, but a great last hit tool) therefore your energy will commonly be over 100 (which means you can feint, run a bit, then retaliate with a vorpal blade to teh face)
All in all taking feint at lvl2 is better for the overall psychological superiority MFShen playstyle and i think i've actually brought forth decent arguments to be able to state this as a fact rather than an opinion.

Garion

06-06-2010

this guide opened my eyes, i shall now try and become the MFing Shen

with tons of practice ^^

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

Cool story bro, but its getting old so time to grow up.

DrunkenKnight

07-05-2010

Very nice guide gonna buy Shen tomorrow.

mistermoo

07-05-2010

I did not read the guide, but the title caught my eye for obvious reasons. Show some shame, for
Christ's sakes. Admitting you ripped off his guide doesn't make it okay.

Matuk

07-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermoo View Post
I did not read the guide, but the title caught my eye for obvious reasons. Show some shame, for
Christ's sakes. Admitting you ripped off his guide doesn't make it okay.
If you read this months-old guide and the replies in it, you will notice he wasn't ripping anybody off.

He was just paying homage by using the same *title* format.

Not to mention, you can't rip-off a guide of MFing Cho'gath and just put "Shen" in the name's place. You'd have to write a proper way to write Shen.

Copying formats isn't so bad as you make it out to be. People do it all the time IRL in all sorts of careers, and it is perfectly legal, because you are not copying *content* but just the way something looks, and how information is organized. i.e. templates.

Then, consider the concept...of what a guide is. Aren't you ripping off somebody else's playstyle if you use their guide to play your champion?!

Rant aside, I like this guide, old as it is. It's basically just how I build. I don't see any reason for changes to be made to the build and playing style this guide points you at.
Unfortunately, Feint sucks even more now than it did back then. I wish it just blocked all damage for it's duration.

FalangeNorte

07-16-2010

great guide, my first attemp on human players was 10/3/11 great!
My only mistake was not knowing dash must be used on ground, not units lol xDD (I lost many kills before i realized )

This shen is a true titanium wall even without feint, he is pretty poor at jungling though.

DrunkPikachu

08-30-2010

Excellent guide, and a great tribute to the mighty Condon. Funny, clear and informative, kudos

X Widow Maker X

08-30-2010

Not to shabby for your elo. However a couple of suggestions-

Aegis is a great starting item. Late game u could switch it for a FoN however. And WARMOGS is a very ineffecient item. One of the most expensive and uncost-worthy in the game. In order for it to be even slightly affective you need to be killing hundreds of creeps, which shen wont be doing. Dont get warmogs on shen ever