[Guide] The MFing Shen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xylch

04-04-2010

I agree, good guide, I build my Shen very similar.

Rekka

04-06-2010

Great guide, it even makes me see Shen in a diff light. Do be warned, however, that Shen can be shut down with silence if he over commits. I was playing Soraka and I shut him down every time he dashed in the midst of my team. The dash taunted, I silenced, he died. We even got him trying to SU (ult) out of a fight- not good. You do need to get a little bit away until the shield effect has its protection up to cover you in transit. It can happen....and it will.

keftes

Recruiter

04-06-2010

Not a bad guide but not worthy of a MFing tag. Be unique - never copy

Samurro

04-06-2010

Kinda entertaining guide, really made me lol multiple times, but I think Ninja Tabi is not really good on Shen because of his passive. And I doubt Ryjal is superior to Mallet.

KeitMacheen

04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurro View Post
Kinda entertaining guide, really made me lol multiple times, but I think Ninja Tabi is not really good on Shen because of his passive. And I doubt Ryjal is superior to Mallet.
I agree that despite the name appropriateness of the NINJA tabi boots, they are no good on Shen because of his passive. I go Boots of Swiftness.

Also I love Rylai's on Shen because it is A LOT easier to get in Vorpral range than it is to get in Melee range. If you can get in melee range, you dont need the slow because you can reach them with taunt. On the other hand, if you cant get in melee range (even after taunt dash) but you can reach with the Vorpral Blade, you have still caught your target.

Also, Shen's 1:1 ratio on his ult makes AP a good tank stat. (Also note that AP increases Vorpral Blade's heal over time as well as the damage on the Blade).

laundrymonster

04-12-2010

I have to disagree here gentlemen. Feint is an amazing tanking move. It shouldn't be used in the middle of a fight, that's just dumb. But, let's say, your carry got iced, and your nuker is on the fence whether to suicide or book it, if you run in with low health, taunt, your mage friend will realize it's do or die time, and start pumping magic. He's far away, your not, their team aggros you; if you have feint, you can feint out a large amount of inital or lasting burst, leaving your surviving friends time to rape them enough to turn the tides, a feat that I have done several times in my career as Shen.
Also, feint lets you tank towers. Which is something all tanks must be able to do, in my opinion of course.

Other than that, good guide bro. Very cool tank shen. I don't like any of the stacking items, especially leviathan. The only one I really trust is Sword of the occult, and I only get that after I'm on my killing spree.
Also, Aegis is usually a must on shen. I saw your reasonings on when to get it and, that's really all the time. Unless you ace the fights before they happen, your team will always turn out the better with the boost. Good stuff.

Kennith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundrymonster View Post
I have to disagree here gentlemen. Feint is an amazing tanking move. It shouldn't be used in the middle of a fight, that's just dumb. But, let's say, your carry got iced, and your nuker is on the fence whether to suicide or book it, if you run in with low health, taunt, your mage friend will realize it's do or die time, and start pumping magic. He's far away, your not, their team aggros you; if you have feint, you can feint out a large amount of inital or lasting burst, leaving your surviving friends time to rape them enough to turn the tides, a feat that I have done several times in my career as Shen.
Also, feint lets you tank towers. Which is something all tanks must be able to do, in my opinion of course.

Other than that, good guide bro. Very cool tank shen. I don't like any of the stacking items, especially leviathan. The only one I really trust is Sword of the occult, and I only get that after I'm on my killing spree.
Also, Aegis is usually a must on shen. I saw your reasonings on when to get it and, that's really all the time. Unless you ace the fights before they happen, your team will always turn out the better with the boost. Good stuff.
Feint is situational, it only blocks first attack, and takes up the extra HEALING you can get over the BLOCKED dmg from feint. That's why it sucks compared to the all time needed Dash and Vorpal. But it is your play style, and if you think Feint is better suited for you, good on you. Just try and not get Feint till last on your next game and see the difference. I've tried both.

Firu

04-13-2010

Feint is good in some uses, I think more so for end-game tanking than people give it credit. It has a relatively small CD (add in some mastery/runes) and it can be spammed fairly fast. This is at the cost of maybe not having enough energy for a taunt though.

laundrymonster

04-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennith View Post
Feint is situational, it only blocks first attack, and takes up the extra HEALING you can get over the BLOCKED dmg from feint. That's why it sucks compared to the all time needed Dash and Vorpal. But it is your play style, and if you think Feint is better suited for you, good on you. Just try and not get Feint till last on your next game and see the difference. I've tried both.
Aye, but the healing is only if you attack them. If you charge an Annie, or the squishier nuker champs who usually survive after the teamfights, they'll usually stun you before you can do much, and stuns usually deal damage, if you feint you mitigate that damage, and take out their stun for said rape-machine to kill them. I would feel out-of-place without feint until late game, it would make me feel weird and like I wasn't playing right. =P

Clodiman

04-28-2010

Can we get the item order laid out in a way thats a bit easier to read?....I use multiple monitors and like to run my guides on one and play LoL on the other..

Great guide though ive used it successfully many times