[Guide] The MFing Shen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karandor

Adjudicator

03-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickStar View Post
Wait wait wait wait wait. Feint is ****? Nothing is more satisfying than Zilean time bombing me and I feint out of that sucker. Not only does he not know I'm absorbing all his suckers, but he's wasting his mana as well. This guarantees that Clarity is always on cooldown for him. However, I do agree that Dash and Blade has more potential. Taunt and Life Sap for the whole team is better at late games, but Shen's primary focus in early levels is to waste that mana and harass with Blade.

It's still bad. You have to level it up instead of dash or vorpal which is what makes it even worse. Energy is a finite resourse. many games I'm tempted never to take it at all just to avoid wasting energy by pressing W. That one feint you use in combat is the difference between that one more vorpal or dash and the enemy living to see another day. If the enemy has spent the resources to kill me in a teamfight then they're probably all dead by the time I see a grey screen.

Would you rather be somewhat harassment resistant early for laning (vorpal healing + doran's shield already makes you tough to harass) or have maxed out vorpal and dash to be badass in mid-game teamfights?

Here's what you do against zilean: let him push to your tower, when he runs up to "LOL HARASS WITH BOMBS AND TOWER DOESN"T HIT ME" you dash and he'll get tower aggro and you pop ghost and kill his ass.

After you do that the zilean will be scared ****tless of you and everything is happy and hunky dory.

I know because I JUST had a lane against zilean + pirate. They thought they were badass until we let them push to our tower and then beat the snot out of them both.

Tarlol

03-29-2010

feint should depend on who you're laning with.
personally I agree that feint makes heroes like zilean into candy but late game (and especially in teamfights) its effectiveness drops a lot.
in most fights i find champs end up running from me but if you find yourself needing to tank a particularly aggressive carry (like a trynd) or a one hit wonder (like a veigar) feint spamming can help greatly mitigate that damage. that's if they're focus firing you willingly which, again, rarely seems to happen.
also I usually roll ghost+cleanse for survivability and the "oh-no-you-ain't-leavin" factor, but flash is funny as hell on occasion in the same way it's funny on poppy. flash behind+dash forward=hello-meet-my-friends

oremut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
You fail at imitating condon. Stop trying.
I thought the guide was funny and very informative, great job. Thanks!

Machio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2010

so does vorpal deal magic dmg?

edit: dont mean vorpal, but does his passive deal magic dmg? :P cause if thats physical youd have to see how magic pen stacks up against his armor pen on his passive which is usually more damaging than vorpal

Azerus

03-31-2010

Yes, both Ki Strike and Vorpal Blade deal magic damage, which is the reasoning behind the magic penetration runes over armor penetration runes. In a typical game my damage split will generally be about 60% magic and 40% physical. It would probably be a higher percentage of magic damage, but I normally spend a decent amount of time pushing side lanes since most of my games evolve into a stalemate in the middle lane late game. Shen's map presence abilities allow me to do this without real fear of being ganked or missing a team fight.

Zonkey

04-01-2010

OK guide but too many genitalia references for my taste

Slurricane

04-01-2010

this guide really bothered me and provided no useful information.

Lord Mathrotus

04-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
You fail at imitating condon. Stop trying.

Agreed.

Condon's style is unique and must remain unique.

Otherwise it:

• Gets old
  • is really badly imitated
  • fails
  • all of the above

Madoif

04-02-2010

If you don't have anything useful to say then shut it. I used this guide and it works fine. I initiated team fights with dash and my team won hardcore.

Jaez

04-04-2010

Your guide is excellent you grab the reader's attention and add a twist of comedy to make reading a guide fun Keep up the good work