Squishy team >_<

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

unitzerotwo

01-08-2011

So... almost every game at champ selection a squishy team is locked in before anyone even looks at the other champs or takes a second to think about team composition. Then when the other team has actuall tanks they go, "oh ****!"

Kamaro

01-08-2011

Yup. When that happens I sometimes get a tank. Other times, when I've been meaning to try a certain dps champion out for quite a while but haven't been able to because of the lack of a tank I just cba and instalock as well.

Alex Pan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

Only takes 1 tank and 1 support to do well, but I'm one of those auto-locking carries because I don't even care.

Baby Cheesus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

I like it , the same formulas over and over again tends to make the game stale.

EzraTwitch

01-08-2011

Yeah its fairly common and annoying, why prefer premades with friends, that being said when playing solo q, you have to either b prepared to not care about a loss, or play a tank 4 out of 5 games, or oddly enough start tanking when it becomes clear you need one (Actually just won a game playing as twisted fate and switching over to tank mode for the sole purpose of initiating , strategy pretty simple.)

Lock Gold Card

Activate Sword of the Divine

Stun Carry

Pray.

worked though.

(The final Item build was Zerk Greaves, Malice, Sword of Divine, Warmogs, Abyssal Scepter, Zhonyas hourglass, and the infamous teemo taunt)

Munruthel

01-08-2011

Well, squishy teams can perform... the problem will be when none of them have any cc or proper initiators... An all squishy team by mid-game can dominate pretty hard, but after 30-40 mins, if you didnt push as hard as you possibly could to make them surrender, then the squishiness starts showing...

The thing I hate the most is when 4/5 lock in, and THEN they go like "we need a tank", expecting me or someone to tank. I main tanks, but when this happens ( this part i dont encourage), if i am in a bad mood (often), i will just pick the squishiest of the squishiest that i have, and hope they learn their lesson.

JRizzle81

01-08-2011

I had this very thing happen to me today. 3 of 5 instalocked with AD champs. Only two of us left to even consider and the other guy says "You play a tank" and then locks in Vlad. I went ahead and locked in Swain who I wanted to practice and the qqing began. I was evidentally the problem because I was last to pick and I should have picked a tank. I told them that I was tired of being the only person who even waits to see the team arrangement before locking and being forced to pick a tank. Then they proceeded to blast Swain cause they had never seen a good Swain before and blah blah blah. I just went quiet and played. We did lose the game but mainly because the heart of the team was LOST before the match began. The whole time was whining about not having a tank and blaming everyone.

I did feel vindicated a bit though because I had the most kills and the only person on the team that was acknowledged by the other team as being well-played.

Anyways, if you want to practice a certain champ then just do it in a normal game. If you are really concerned about your normal game record then you can pick what the team needs to really give a solid run at a win. However, if you are playing ranked then always pick appropriately.

OpticalShadow

01-08-2011

thats because few tanks are as fun as carries. carries get more kills and tend to be more involved with playing, tanks can be fun, but normally only with good teams and pub games that dont happen often.

if they make a more intresting tank (i find amumu very fun) you might see them more often. but most people would rather be able to melt a team with a penta kill then take dmg from a team.

Clyton

01-08-2011

Well, don't fret that you get a squishy team (or a team that doesn't have a tank at least) and just focus on the game at hand. Most games aren't all about having tanks, but playing appropriately.

Ironically, I didn't play that way and just won with a team of DPS champs and caster nukers against a team that included 3 tanks. (I think I had a team of Ryze, Karthus, Gangplank, Kog'Maw and me as LeBlanc)