My Ranked Solo Queue Saga (I need help)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myslead

06-11-2011

Game #16 (Xin Zhao / Defeat / 69W - 75L / 1114 -12)
http://i.imgur.com/whOHW.jpg

Good early game, bad mid/late for my team. Malzahar that was middle got raped over and over again by Kog'Maw. I got some ganks mid, but I wasn't able to be there all the time. The other team had quite the burst, I didn't think we lose this bad as I would have gotten MR earlier, but my team kept getting in bad team fights or just turn around on their chaser thinking they could kill them while clearly they couldn't. I also jungled with Xin on that one and things ran smooth as a baby ass. I couldn't counter jungle as much as I would have wanted though as I had to babysit mid all the time. Also that Nunu kept calling me bad... but was also another factor why we lost the game as he was just plain terrible.

bishbosh

06-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myslead View Post
I need help.
I used to have a pretty even sheet (+3 or something) in term of victories and losses in solo queue and I decided on Monday that I would actually go on a marathon and try to raise it.

I have been failing miserably since Monday and I keep playing in hope that I can turn it around, but I am now -14 games and my ELO is barely 1000. I am in no way saying that I belong in the +2000, but I am defintiely not a low tier player. I presume that I should be residing somewhere the 1500-1600. At least, I'd be satisfied there. I mean, I'm doing good in 5v5, but in solo queue it's been hell.

So I need help, tips, advices on how to get out of this hole. I mean, there's either a guy going 0-15 at the 20m mark, someone who never played Garen and decides to play him in Ranked and then don't even know how to use his ult properly, or just someone leaving. How did you get out of ELO hell ? I just don't understand why people subject themselves to other players when they don't even want to at least take it a little bit seriously.

I will also be posting games replays and summaries to gather infos.

Edit : I got a stream going up

Channel : http://www.own3d.tv/myslead

have fun !
i was paired with bads regularly and i went all the way down to 900 ELO. im almost 1200 now (13 game win streak). the best way to improve your ELO fast is by duo queueing. 2 goods can carry 3 bads. lots of bads will start doing well if you do well yourself.

also: dont play carries. it doesnt work. bads cannot handle the burden of a carry farming early game. they will lose their towers and feed in their lanes. play good gankers or junglers or heroes that can stop your team from feeding. eve, warwick and alistar are good picks respectively. i laned with a nub GP as alistar and saved him about 3 times in the lane from certain death. we also picked up 2 kills. as soon as i stopped babysitting him he was 2/7 : /

if you are captain dont ban amumu, rammus, shen, malphite. low ELO players only think these heroes are good because other low ELO players ban them. its an endless cycle because low ELO players cannot think for themselves.. ban heroes which pwn low ELO teams. evelyn, TF, vlad, vayne are all realistic bans. most low ELO players cannot deal with morde as well for some reason.

Myslead

06-11-2011

Game #17 (Jarvan / Defeat / 69W - 76L / 1102 -12)
Forgot to take a screenshot, but I went 0-3-6

So... the game starts, I head top solo and notice that Veigar is also going top, so I just ask him if he's going to solo, and he doesn't respond and just continue heading top... so I just decide to go bot and hope that he'll do good. He got to play vs Vlad and did horribly, he ended up having around 20 creep kills vs 90 and fed him even more as he died etc... bottom was me and Nocturne vs Gangplank and Nidalee, we did alright and scored some kills with the help of our jungler Warwick who did some ganks, but that Vlad was way too fed. I guess that's what I get for letting someone soloing top.

Myslead

06-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishbosh View Post
i was paired with bads regularly and i went all the way down to 900 ELO. im almost 1200 now (13 game win streak). the best way to improve your ELO fast is by duo queueing. 2 goods can carry 3 bads. lots of bads will start doing well if you do well yourself.

also: dont play carries. it doesnt work. bads cannot handle the burden of a carry farming early game. they will lose their towers and feed in their lanes. play good gankers or junglers or heroes that can stop your team from feeding. eve, warwick and alistar are good picks respectively. i laned with a nub GP as alistar and saved him about 3 times in the lane from certain death. we also picked up 2 kills. as soon as i stopped babysitting him he was 2/7 : /

if you are captain dont ban amumu, rammus, shen, malphite. low ELO players only think these heroes are good because other low ELO players ban them. its an endless cycle because low ELO players cannot think for themselves.. ban heroes which pwn low ELO teams. evelyn, TF, vlad, vayne are all realistic bans. most low ELO players cannot deal with morde as well for some reason.
yeah I went below the 1000 bar too before starting this little thing... and slowly been climbing back up. I just lost my last two games, but I was around 1150 earlier today. And I agree with duo queuing, it seems to be much easier especially if the both of us gets solo lane.

Myslead

06-12-2011

Game #18 (Rumble / Victory / 70W - 76L / 1116 +14)
http://i.imgur.com/LlCup.jpg

Had a pretty so-so early game as Rumble with Chogath vs Ryze and Rammus. Our playstyle didn't exactly fit as I was trying to match their aggression while Chogath was just sitting back and doing nothing. Got 2 deaths very early because of that as my killer instinct kicked in while Chogath decided to b. Annie as usually did her thing, but as soon as the mid game kicked in, our damage output was just off the chain even though our Ashe was lagging like hell with 400ms. We were always luring them into chokepoints and I would drop my ult on them and watch them die in a sea of fire. Rumble is a pretty annoying champion.

Oogtug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboRal View Post
Triforce and Warmogs don't synergize with Xin in the slightest. And those two were the most expensive part of your built.

Also, Warmogs are only good on champions that have innate benefits from HP. Xin has nothing that goes off of HP. Warmogs is the worst legendary defensive item in the game.

Ok.. you have a point about war'mogs, never build mogs on Xin.

But Triforce is godly on Xin and EVERY other tanky DPS, including Renekton who doesn't even have mana. Your talking pure butt cheese by knocking tri force as an item pick on any tanky deeps champ.

Come one, name one way in which tri'force does not help Xin, just one? Right, you won't find one because he can utilize and ejoy ALL OF THOSE STATS. People that knock triforce are the same noobs that stack 3-4 bloodthirsters on trynd.

Myslead

06-12-2011

Game #19 (Orianna / Victory / 71W - 76L / 1131 +15)
http://i.imgur.com/9ayGs.jpg

I'm getting out ! ahah, this game was probably the toughest we've had so far. Well maybe not for me, but for my buddy who's playing Annie, she gave up first blood and was facing a full AP runed Kassadin and was underfed early game. We also lost early towers, but as soon as we got together and worked together, our CC game was just flawless. After 2 aces in a row, they decided to surrender.

I'm starting to like Orianna more and more, I've never had a bad game with her so far, except maybe the first couple of games I played her where I did so-so.

Myslead

06-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogtug View Post
Come one, name one way in which tri'force does not help Xin, just one? Right, you won't find one because he can utilize and ejoy ALL OF THOSE STATS. People that knock triforce are the same noobs that stack 3-4 bloodthirsters on trynd.
that's what I'm thinking too, people building Xin like Master Yi; I just don't really see it.

Frosty716

06-12-2011

jungle with xin zhao or tryndamere and gank like a baws

Myslead

06-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty716 View Post
jungle with xin zhao or tryndamere and gank like a baws
yeah that's what I'm aiming to do when I can get Xin.