My Ranked Solo Queue Saga (I need help)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunflame

06-15-2011

If you noticed some of my champions are very Kamikaze.

- Evelynn
- Chogath
- Galio

Remember at me raging for not tower diving?. xD I love how I die so many times with eve xD It is actually fun because I still win games with her.

In the case of Chogath I have rupture... but sometimes I just walk in... I mean if you do NOT target me... I'll Sunfire/rupture/silence/nom nom nom all I want... If you DO target me well you are just wasting damage on me since I'm the tank Win win situation.

Specially with tower... my whole job with Chogath is to stack enough armor and HP so I can tank the tower for about 5-8 seconds. Once I start tanking the tower my team has free reign on their and abilities (did you notice this Myslead?).

Myslead

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post
Remember at me raging for not tower diving?. xD I love how I die so many times with eve xD It is actually fun because I still win games with her.
Yeah ahah, I only didn't do it, because I would not have been able to kill Akali she would Shroud herself :P

Quote:
Specially with tower... my whole job with Chogath is to stack enough armor and HP so I can tank the tower for about 5-8 seconds. Once I start tanking the tower my team has free reign on their and abilities (did you notice this Myslead?).
I did notice it eheh. That's also a good point stacking armor for early tower diving. I never stopped myself to think of that.

Myslead

06-15-2011

Game #33 (Nocturne / Victory / 79W - 82L / 1165 +14)
http://i.imgur.com/qrfyy.jpg

I only could play one game today and I'm glad I could make it count. I don't think we had one proper team fight throughout the whole game, we just did our things, outfarming and successfully pulling ganks until they surrendered when they realized they couldn't do anything anymore. Almost back to an even score sheet ! This was also one of my most successfully game with Noctune, I felt really comfortable playing him.

godhunter1053

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myslead View Post
That's the thing though, most of the people don't understand that concept of kamikaze and try to avoid a death, looking for the perfect score sheet and looking for that perfect opportunity to strike, which then leads to a 5 minutes staredown at the tower as the defending side kills upcoming waves. This happens ALOT in my games.
Exactly. Thats why I'm suggesting you play that kamikaze champ. If you control the flow of the game properly (make good calls, get some picks, offer up buffs, and stay positive [lol lux]) and then tell your team what is going on, they will probably follow you.

Not saying its the best way to play. But this is a team game down to its core. You have to do your job to the best of your ability, while still trying to keep your teams moral up. As the jungler, this job is the easiest, as you have the most time to type. Tell your team what your plan is and ask them to call mias if your invading the jungle. If you want to dragon soon, say that, and then suggest that they get ready (let them get ready how they want, you don't want to make demands). As soon as you don't need buffs, give them up. Noc doesn't really need red if he isn't ganking or if he can steal the opponents. Nunu doesn't need red pretty much at all. Blue buff is almost always better on your caster. When you start giving them buffs, or at least offering, they'll pay more attention to you, as they think you want to do something for them.

As a laner its much more difficult, as you have to out CS your lane, not complain about getting ganked or lack of ganks, not lose your tower, not push, and still try and get the kill. Above and beyond all that, to really control a game you have to pay attention to the mini map, and want to be pinging potential ganks, even if you aren't sure. If they don't listen, don't rage at them, just throw up a sad face. Enough to tell them you're sorry they died, and they'll figure out what the pings mean. Control of the early game, is control of the late game 9 out of 10 times. If you can get your team to trust you, you can suicide and take out their dps, or ashe arrow them and they'll think you know something and follow it. It takes a bit of faith of the members of your team will do what they should, but you can only play 1 champ.

Also, after you suicide, you have massive control over the fight. Ping the champ your team should focus. If that is the xin that is trying to dive your ashe or the cait that stepped too close, you have much much more influence on the teamfight focus after you die usually. Death doesn't mean you can't help your team anymore.

Shadow Blade100

06-15-2011

thx for all the advice, i am a bystander who is loving all this free and rewarding knowledge

Myslead

06-15-2011

Game #34 (Jarvan / Defeat / 79W - 83L / 1155 -10)
http://i.imgur.com/Se4iB.jpg

I ealier thought that I only could play one game today, but turns out that I had more free time then anticipated, but if I knew what I was going to end up in, I don't think I would have actually even boot up the game. Basically this game was a complete disaster. For some unknown reason this guy picked Vlad when we clearly asked if he could be either a tank or a jungler, instead he instalock Vlad... so the next guy went Lee Sin and I had the wonderful task to play a "tank". He couldn't speak english other than the words top which he called at the beginning of the game and wouldn't move from there once the game started. So Ashe decided to be the better man and went bottom with me. Vlad then procceded to feed Ezreal over and over again. Bottom lane was alright as we went vs Sona and Alistar, scored a couple of kills with the help of our jungler Lee Sin, but Vlad kept dying and dying to Ezreal who snowballed and rocked our faces as the teamfights broke out... we couldn't do anything at all as Karthus would ult us down if we even would kill any of them and make a run for it with low hp. I should have gone straight tanky from the start, but since things were going pretty well bottom, I thought I would have some room to maneuvers... guess not.

Myslead

06-15-2011

Game #35 (Soraka / Victory / 80W - 83L / 1168 +13)
http://i.imgur.com/FGyUg.jpg

Soraka has major broken heals god**** ! that's all I gotta say about this game. Clutch heals and clutch silences. The game was also titled to our advantage as they were trying to kill Shen all the time and never really tried to focus Annie, me and Corki except if we were caught in a bad position which happened like once or twice, but even when that happened, heal + ult heal + summoner's heal would usually keep everyone alive !

xennzenvale

06-16-2011

Best thread on the forums.

Gunflame

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myslead View Post
- I have been failing miserably since Monday and I keep playing in hope that I can turn it around, but I am now -14 games and my ELO is barely 1000. I am in no way saying that
- but in solo queue it's been hell.
- How did you get out of ELO hell ?
* What do you think about your first statement? I mean looking back on your 30+ games/10 days journey...

* is solo queue still hell?

* Were you in Elo hell?

* What do you think about the following statements:
a) Everyone else was bringing me down, duo queueing without useless people is the only way to win
b) I have improved my game, that's why my Elo is going up, higher skill, higher Elo
c) I had really bad luck, that's the main reason why my Elo was so low, just bad luck with teammates.
d) My skill is about the same as before, I just have had better teammates than don't feed as hard.
e) Elo hell is a problem Riot should address, there's no way I should be this low.
f) One person simply can't carry a team no matter how skillful you are you can't make a difference.

* Have you changed your views in Elo Hell?

Myslead

06-16-2011

Quote:
* is solo queue still hell?
Maybe not hell, but it's definetly still hit or miss. Coming from HoN where the majority of the players have at least some basics knowledge of MOBA games and actually doing it, warding, controlling their lane etc... mostly because the community is way more harsh which leads to make you learn how to correctly play or the community will mentally trim you out as it's not an easy learning environment. I mean it has a higher learning curve; but once you get it, you get it. So it's still very very /facepalm to play with players that don't seems to know anything except that they want the most kills possible.

Quote:
Were you in Elo hell?
Well I don't think I actually was. It's a tough bracket to get out of, but definitely not 500 ELO or whatever ahah

Quote:
Everyone else was bringing me down, duo queueing without useless people is the only way to win
Like I said it's still hit or miss, but depending on the champion that I have, I am able to carry some early losses into late wins as I did a couple of times with Vayne. I have noticed that I am not as quick as before to declare a defeat as farming + late game champions can turn the tide of a game so much. Duo Queuing with my friends seems to be the way to go so far though as I think I have lost maybe 3 games out of all of them I did.

Quote:
I have improved my game, that's why my Elo is going up, higher skill, higher Elo
I think I did improve my game, I have some better understanding with some heroes etc... but I've been playing with my 1500 buddy, which pits us/me against higher ELO players (1300-1500) and I have no difficulty playing at that level whatsoever.

Quote:
I had really bad luck, that's the main reason why my Elo was so low, just bad luck with teammates.
As much as some higher ELO players wants to say otherwise, this statement has some truth behind it. I mean as much as I can pull 20 kills late game victories out of my ass with Vayne; there's little you can do about a feeding Vlad that died 15 times at the 20 minutes mark or a disconnecting player.

Quote:
My skill is about the same as before, I just have had better teammates than don't feed as hard.
Climbing up the rating seems to trim out the fat (as expected) and playing with with my higher ELO friends definitely shows this. Playing with better players or players I can trust makes me able to concentrate on my thing and not be too wary of their behaviours on the field. Let's just say that it's less stressful.

Quote:
Elo hell is a problem Riot should address, there's no way I should be this low.
There was this mod in HoN that was called True Skill Rating which worked like this

TSR is a very harsh rating system where players are rated between 0-10. An average player should have a TSR of 5.0.

TSR is a weighted system that does not take PSR into account by any means. Factors taken into consideration are: Kills, Deaths, Assists, Creep Kills (adjusted for EM), Creep Denies (adjusted for EM), XP/min (adjusted for EM), Gold/min (adjusted for EM), Wards placed, and Win percentage. Each factor is weighted based on the average player. Statistics from the average player are gathered using game data from millions of matches. The statistics of a given player are compared to that of a player slightly better than average. Creep denies, creep kills, XP/min, and gold/min are negatively adjusted based on the player's EM percentage. The formula also adjusts itself based on the average game-length of the player. TSR is usually updated bi-monthly; when statistically significant game data is accumulated.

So in addition to their PSR (ELO), I was able to see the TSR of the player which really showed their playstyle behaviour even before playing with them. I thought it was a great way to know who you were playing with and who you would have to babysit from the get-go instead of finding it 10 minutes later after he gave first blood and first tower.

Quote:
One person simply can't carry a team no matter how skillful you are you can't make a difference.
Like I said above; I think there are cases that you can if the game goes late or super late game; but there are other times where there is nothing you can do. It depends how bad the early game was for either you or your team. I've seen it happened though; I did it a couple of times.

Quote:
Have you changed your views in Elo Hell?
No I still cannot wait to get out of this bracket lol