Easiest First Blood in Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TechYS

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xirus View Post
Whilst I have no opinion on the validity of the concept of FB Ashe overall, flash and ghost won't work well, because you'll travel really fast... Right into their tower. The key is to kill them before they get to their tower.
I actually meant flash and ghost as a counter measure so that Ashe's later hits won't come in. Might not always work though on people who escapes with ghost then flash (so you're still running away at full speed after flashing) and has a shield skill in some way. (Udyr, Shen, Morgana, you know the types) Just a possibility.

AIM7Sparrow

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechYS View Post
I actually meant flash and ghost as a counter measure so that Ashe's later hits won't come in. Might not always work though on people who escapes with ghost then flash (so you're still running away at full speed after flashing) and has a shield skill in some way. (Udyr, Shen, Morgana, you know the types) Just a possibility.
From my experience, Flash/Ghost is a more rare combination of summoner spells. I usually only see that on initiating tanks, Alistar most notably, and they shouldn't be your primary targets anyways.

But like I said, the distance back to the turret will soon be reached after a single flash. Ghost won't be doing much for someone, maybe allowing them to get out of one auto-attack. Plus, you're usually coming from behind, so if you're on the side lanes, it's either ghosting into your teammates or having to run past you to get back to their tower. Lose/lose.

And yes, there are some characters who this is rather harder to pull of on. Udyr with 1st point in shield like you said, although most Udyrs jungle when I play with them. Twitch with flash is also a hard one. Most of them take doran's as their starting item and with flash they can flash/ambush before you can chase them down for the kill. Morganna won't be taking shield at lv 1 so you should have no trouble with her. Shen likely won't have Feint at lv 1 either. Remember, this is a lv 1 FB, usually within 30s of minions reaching the lanes, that's why it's so effective.

gunsharp

03-27-2010

Seems good but doesn't the success of this hinge on the person at mid overextending? I know that if I were mid and there someone missing I'm not pushing past river, giving me plenty of time to run back if I see you coming out of the bushes.

Sarpati

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
lol, ok. (not here to argue, just sharing a technique)

see page 1 about "FB" btw. you seem to not understand the significance of it, especially when running this kind of build. or you could just try it, assuming you know Ashe relatively well.

EDIT: and if it doesn't work, then you're a ranged character hitting for 80 damage at lv 1 for 4 minutes. you can use that time wisely and destroy your laning partner farming and exp-wise.
I mentioned I tried it, with success, in my first post in this thread. And I know the significance of FB. But you're still trying too hard. You don't need these quints to pull this off, you'd still be dealing around 410 damage with the 2 auto attack routine.

The basic idea here is to start with an elixir of fortitude. That's all there is to it, really. You can apply this concept to several champions. Ezreal, Gangplank and a few others in a side lane are nearly guaranteed to get FB thanks to the extra damage. Twitch and Teemo can easily pull it off in mid. The list goes on.

I guess I should have said that starting with the elixir isn't a bad idea. It rarely is. I think your idea is solid, but I personally will never base my pre-game on the sole idea of getting first blood at level 1. If it doesn't work, you've already gimped yourself.