Easiest First Blood in Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIM7Sparrow

03-27-2010

Character: Ashe (wtf not Shaco?)

Up until now I considered this kind of my own little secret and didn't want to share but I'm starting to play more cautious opponents and people are remembering it so it's losing its surprise factor and becoming less effective for me. Also, I guess it's somewhat meant as an apology and an attempt to regain favor with the forum community for my most recent post. (I'm sowwy) xD

Anyways, here it goes.

Pre-game:

Runes:
Red: Armor Penetration
Yellow: Flat HP/Dodge
Blue: CDR/18
Quints: Flat Damage (Secret ingredient 1)

Masteries:
21/0/9

Pretty self-explanatory. Get the armor penetration, +3 damage, +10% crit damage, and Havoc.

Summoner Spells:
Flash/Ignite (best) Ghost/Ignite (also good)

In game:

Starting items: Elixer of Fortitude + (1-5) HP Pots (your choice, I usually take all 5)
Starting skill: Volley (Secret Ingredient 2 and the reason no other character can do this like Ashe can)

How this works:

With flat damage quints, you have an extra 6.5 attack damage. +3 from masteries, and +20 from the Elixer of Fortitude give you a whopping nearly +30 attack damage at level one. Ashe's basic attack is 47. This means at level 1, you have a 600 range 77 damage basic attack. But it gets better. Behold, Ashe's passive (Secret Ingredient 3):

Focus - While out of combat, Ashe's critical strike chance increases by 3/6/9/12/15/18% every 3 seconds, removed after next attack.

By the time minions have reached the lanes, you will have a 100% chance to crit. With your red runes and masteries, you ignore every character's starting armor in the game (unless they buy an item with armor and/or stack armor runes.) Even more, your Volley deals your attack damage +40, more than doubling your damage output during your first 2 shots thanks to the way it can be used without resetting your attack speed cooldown.

So, here's what we are looking at:
Let the 5% from the Havoc mastery make 77 attack damage 80.

Auto-crit 1: (80x2.1=170)
Volley: (120)
Auto-attack 2: (80)
Ignite at lv 1: (75)

That's 445 damage from 2 auto-attacks, a volley, and an ignite. Keep in mind, that although that's 4 things, the time it takes to do all of that is only the time it takes to launch your 2nd auto-attack, (around 1.5 seconds.) Following up with a third auto-attack and sometimes fourth, (that's why we brought flash), will let you take down even tank/doran's specs and builds before they can get away from you.

How to do it:

Mid lane: Go to your turret side brush and wait there for your opponent. Let him push a bit, pop the elixer, shoot him once, volley, ignite, and pursue with more auto-attacks. After every auto-attack you MUST manually tell your character to move forward a bit and then click attack on the enemy again (micro). This gives you the most possible shooting time. Do not just spam right click on the enemy.

Side lane: If you're dragon-side (blue?), go top lane, if you're baron-side (purple?), go bottom lane. 2 options, either wait in the brush by the mouth of the river, or go around the back in the brush by the enemy tower. After the enemy has pushed far enough, pop your elixer, auto-attack one, volley both if possible but make sure you get the primary target, ignite him and again, pursue with micro'ed auto-attacks. You might be able to get a double kill depending on what summoner spells the enemies brought and/or how squishy they are.

Anti-counters:

Flash: If your opponent flashes, you flash immediately after him and continue attacking. NEVER, use your flash until your opponent has, unless it's to land a guaranteed killing blow.

Cleanse: Save your ignite for the killing blow. When an opponent sees their HP melting away at lv 1 they will usually press every defensive skill they have in a panic to save themselves. You on the other hand, are calm and collected, after seeing them waste cleanse, flash->ingite->(any extra auto-attacks you can) for the kill.

Cleanse/Flash: lol, not much you can do about this one, especially if they bought a doran's as first item and/or stacked HP runes (pick a different target). Usually though, cleanse/flashers feel confident enough that they don't invest in extra survivability. If this in fact is the case, they should be squishy and you probably don't even need ignite and as before, your flash just cancels with their flash.

NOTE: Mid lane is much harder to pull this off on as the distance to the tower is a lot smaller. However, that being said, side-lanes have a higher probability of gimping you with a stun or exhaust early on.

That's all there is to it.

Remember, with great power comes great responsibility. Enjoy.

Reidan

03-27-2010

terrible ashe player

OLI HC

03-27-2010

its only first blood man, 100 gold you get from 3 last hits and a kill

Vidal

03-27-2010

Do this exact same thing on shaco and its 10x more likely you get the kill.

AIM7Sparrow

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLI HC View Post
its only first blood man, 100 gold you get from 3 last hits and a kill
first blood, especially so early in the game is actually a huge deal, much bigger than a simple bonus amount of gold.

getting first blood so early enables all of the following:

-an instant 2 level advantage over the person you first blooded due to death and travel time back to their lane
-even further exp denial due to your level advantage and lane control
-farming denial through superior harassing power
-significant demoralization and pressure and/or anger from teammates
-a significantly improved laning phase for you, not having to worry about being harassed allows for more creep kills (money) and more time in your lane before having to go back (exp)
-if you first blooded their solo mid, all of the above essentially eliminate their prime carry, nearly guaranteeing you a victory

AIM7Sparrow

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidal View Post
maybe I should include a section as to why that's actually not true.

reasons:
-Shaco is considered to be the most obvious early ganker of the game, especially with his ability to grab the lizard so easily. any competent team will wait for him to show himself before pushing a lane, otherwise that's just suicide and you deserve to get FB'ed. (Not so much with Ashe, huge surprise factor for you)

-Shaco is melee (simple enough, flash/clease/ghost all get you away from him)

-If you do get lizard, your first 2 points go into JitB and Deceive. No skill that scales with weapon damage for extra damage. Even if you do wait until level 3 for poison, it's active is only half weapon damage + a bonus.

-Deceive crit bonus is only 40%, Ashe get's a full guaranteed crit with her passive.

So yeah, to sum up. This actually works better with Ashe because you have Volley to benefit off of your elixer of fortitude for a huge +120 damage, you're ranged, no one is expecting it, your crit is better, and you can do all of this at level 1. Still think Shaco is better at it?

TechYS

03-27-2010

Quote:
counter statements without explainations are of no benefit to any discussion. (same with poster #2)

Hmm, I guess I will have to watch out a bit.

Btw, how about flash and ghost?

Schn

03-27-2010

Just shows how strong runes are.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

03-27-2010

Quote:
Not really. Anyone who has played ashe before knows how to easily do this without the pot and get their lane opponent to half health with the first volley/autoattack for an early lane advantage. Using a pot to make it into a first blood seems pretty viable.

Also as a shaco player whose played over 100 games with him with a 20/9/11 k/d/a ratio, the first blood gank in mid hardly works anymore.
Unless you play against a ****** with no escapes who pushes farther than he can handle (flash doesn't count as an escape if you have flash to counter it).

The only time first bloods with shaco work for me anymore is if you have a competent mid laner who can harass their opponent to half health in mid at level 1/2.

AIM7Sparrow

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechYS View Post
Btw, how about flash and ghost?

If you mean killing someone who has flash and ghost well then it shouldn't really make a difference to you. Your flash will just cancel with theirs and by the time they get any real use out of ghost, they should most likely be back at their tower (dead.) Flash/cleanse is the one you have to worry about because the cleanse gets rid of a free 75 damage ignite.