Heimer Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sanarothe

03-27-2010

Hey. I'd like to hear from other heimer players, see what kind of builds are being used post-remake.

Personally I've been doing really well as heimer, but I do seem to be stuck in lower elo right now, and my team won't let me bring him to a premade

Skills:
Ult > Turret > Missle / Grenade

First off, missiles and grenades are still very strong. They perform quite well in teamfights. The cooldown makes up for the fact that heimer has to maneuver to land missiles. The cooldown is espescially nice once you have 3 levels of ult and rylai's... nobody ever gets away from the wolfpack again. (Utility #2: Situational snare lategame.)
Grenades mess towers up, and allow heimer to slowly work down a tower while doing an epic solo hold outside of the enemy's front door. (Feature #1: Epic turret holdouts)

New turrets are AWESOME! Reds popping out instantly is amazing for pushing. (Takes all three abilities, though, to take out a creeppack in proper formation. (Utility #1: Ultimate Lane Supremacy*))

* - Except against Mundo or Trist, who will really rip you up. Ashe too, sometimes.

Finally, the ult. Taking it everytime is more for the cooldown, honestly, but frost turrets are pretty ballin for escapes and brush ganks. (Utility #3: Situational snare)

Items:

Starter: Amp. Tome or Doran's Ring (Amp Tome if you think you're gonna be at fountain early enough to get an early kage's pick)

1. Kage Pick or Codex for some early ap.
2. boots (Upgrade is situational)
3. df grasp or Rod of Ages
4. Rylai's
5. ???
6. Profit!*

Notes:

* I've been pretty much completely dominant after a df grasp or rod, so I don't know where is best after that. Rylai is definetely a good choice if you don't have total supremacy yet. (By this I mean, the enemy is too afraid of your turret-backed pushing power combined with the force of your roaming ganksquad teammates.)

Runes/Masteries:

9/0/21
mana regen runepage (Extremely useful because heimer tends to be out in the field for long periods of time, coming back only when laden with too much gold to move effectively.)

Others?

GGuLose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-27-2010

I usually do
ult>missile> bomb> turrets

But i try to get turrets to lvl2 before i max out missile only because 2 turrets are better when your farming early game.

Schn

03-27-2010

You can afford to delay your ult a few levels because early on you won't have the mana to support it. Usually I get the first level somewhere around 7-10 and start skilling it more aggressively once I get a Tear.

Eruend

03-27-2010

Nice thing about the ult always has been and will be the CD reduction. No reason to put a delay on that.

Mighty Sandwich

03-27-2010

Start with Mekhi's Pendant
Build Chalice, buy Boots 1, preferably in the same trip.
Build Catalyst with Ruby first, turn Catalyst into Rod of Ages.
Finish Boots if I haven't already.
Build Zhonya's, buying a red and blue potion if necessary while building.
Build Archangel's Staff
Keep buying red and blue potions, build another Zhonya's if you're bored.

Ult > Turrets up to 4 > Max Missiles > Max Turrets > Grenade

I've found the Green turrets to be slightly more useful than the Red ones, for the simple fact of the armor/mr debuff they apply. You sacrifice some durability and damage but make up for it in team utility. So, while you want to get turrets to 4 ASAP, you can hold off on that 5th level until you really need it and level missiles and grenades instead.

RoA gives Heimer enough of a boost to survive most of mid-game with little problem until he gets Zhonya's. Once he has Zhonya's, Heimer becomes fairly deadly and hard to kill, able to stand in a turret nest and use Zhonya's active to yawn at damage while his turrets wail away at whoever is attacking. Archangel's Staff rounds him out late game, pumping up his mana and AP and increasing Zhonya's effectiveness.

By this point I find Heimer doesn't really need another item. Sure you can get Rylai's or whatever, but I've resorted to just pumping him full of red and blue potions to give him a little more than 2700 health while maxing his cooldown and giving him a tad more AP. Easier to keep farming 600 gold when you need to than stick a Giant's Belt on him and having to farm 2500 gold or whatever.

The Fat Battler

03-27-2010

I think Rod of Ages is a mandatory item on Heimer now.

I've also had some great success with Leviathan. Leviathan + Rod makes it so that it's nearly impossible to kill you.

Getting Catalyst as quickly as possible is the smart idea, and it makes him nearly invincible in the laning phase. Combined with some HP Runes, I think Heimer would be the best early round champion in the game. He harasses so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schn View Post
You can afford to delay your ult a few levels because early on you won't have the mana to support it. Usually I get the first level somewhere around 7-10 and start skilling it more aggressively once I get a Tear.
Yeah, I agree. His ulti isn't all that great, actually, so it can be put off a few levels. I think maybe a Haunting Guise after the Catalyst can offset the cooldown "loss" for a long time, and it will put Heimer at the 40% mark by the time he gets his full levels of it.

My Heimer build now is:

Catalyst -> Rod of Ages
Leviathan
Ninja Tabi
Chalice of Harmony
Archangel's Staff

I'm thinking of switching over to Rod of Ages, Leviathan, Chalice, Tabi, then Void Staff just because it makes Heimer a ridiculous tower pusher.

I wish I could fit an Archangel's right there, too, but that's way too much Gold for anyone.