Champions and their Origins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajesticRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2011

Alright credit goes to ScorchXBanister for the original idea. I'm posted all three lists by Scorch, Myself, and Larkhill showing champions and their relations. I hope it helps.

This first list is sorted by who fights for who among the main cities by ScorchXBanister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchXBanister View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong...

Demacia:
Lux
Garen
Jarvan IV
Xin Zhao
Galio
Sona - Born in Ionia
Vayne
Shyvana

Piltover:
Caitlyn
Ezreal
Janna
Heimerdinger
Orianna

Ionia:
Irelia
Soraka
Master Yi
Wukong

Noxus:
Katarina DuCouteau
Cassiopeia DuCouteau
Urgot
Sion
Swain (Black Rose (?) )
LeBlanc (Black Rose)
Mordekaiser
Talon
Riven (Exiled)

The Void:
Malzahar
Cho'Gath
Kog'Maw

Zaun:
Mundo
Singed
Warwick
Twitch

Bilgewater:
Miss Fortune
Gangplank
Graves
Fizz

Freljord:
Ashe
Tryndamere
Nunu

Bandle City:
Tristana
Teemo
Poppy
Corki

Kinkou:
Akali
Shen
Kennen

The Great Library Siblings:
Renekton
Nasus

Freelance/Only representative of their type:
Amumu
Annie
Blitzcrank
Olaf
Rammus
Veigar
Rumble
Kassadin
Brand
Nocturne
Jax
Malphite
Karthus
Alistair
Twisted Fate
Nidalee
Evelynn
Shaco
Vayne
Udyr
Maokai
Fiddlesticks
Gragas
Anivia
Trundle
Ryze
Zilean
Yorick
Leona
Skarner
Xareth

Is it just me, or do some of these teams of 3-5 work in a match?

EDIT (Overlord Forte): Mordekaiser moved to the last category.
EDIT (Majestic Raven): Swain and LeBlanc are Noxian.

This second list by Larkhill is more speific on champions based on their home of origin in Alphabetical order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
ok so this took quite a bit of time going through all the stories but here u go guys

ordering this by champ name. ill see if i can fix it and organize it later or if some very kind/brave/bored soul would prefer to do the honors

i put yordle for all the yordles as they seem to spread out from bandle city sometimes but given the option, they'd all probably join up together (with the exception of rumble as he hates heimer or any other "sellout" yordle)

akali- ionia-kinkou
alistar- minotaur tribes- very much against noxus
amumu- yordle- presumably bandle city
aniva- her own homeworld
annie- gray order- very much against noxus as well
ashe- freljord
blitz- zaun
brand- none
caitlyn- piltover
cass- noxus
chogath-void
corki- yordle-bandle city-piltover
dr mundo- zaun
evelynn- none
ezreal- piltover
fiddle-none
fizz-ancient underwater city. New home - Bligewater
galio-demacia
gangplank- none
garen-demacia
gragas-none
graves-Bligewater (Anti Twisted Fate)
heimerdinger-yordle-bandle city-piltover
irelia-ionia
janna-zaun- allied with piltover
jarvan-demacia
jax-none that we know of yet
karma-ionia
karthus-himself
kassadin-no real affiliation with anyone- stop the void at all costs
katarina- noxus
kayle- her homeworld
kennen-bandle city-kinkou
kogmaw-none-void. i say none cause he's not as evil as chogath/malz are
leblanc-noxus (Black Rose)
lee sin- ionia
leona - mt. Targon
lux-demacia
malphite-the monolith
malz-unknown origin-fights for the void
maokai-none-nature
master yi- ionia
miss fortune-bilgewater
mordekaiser-noxus
morgana-her homeworld
nasus-his homeworld
nidalee-kumungu jungle- fights against noxus and demacia equally
nocturne-none
nunu- freljord-yeti tribe
olaf-lokfar
orianna-piltover
pantheon-mt. targon
poppy-yordle-bandle city-demacia
rammus-none
renekton-nasus' homeworld
riven-Noxus (Exiled)
rumble-yordle-bandle city
ryze-none- he seems to care more for protecting that scroll than anything else.
shaco-none
shen-kinkou- it doesnt say where his clan actually came from. i assume ionia tho
shyvana-Demacia
singed-zaun
sion-noxus
sivir-originally it seems liek she was a noxian but objected to the ionian war and left for the league. so i guess none... though noxus isnt too happy with her at the moment
skarner - Kalamanda
sona-ugh she's a pain. no memory of her true parents. ionian adoptive parents. demacian woman giving her her instrument.
soraka-ionia
swain-noxus (Black Rose (?) )
talon - noxus
taric- his homeworld
teemo-yordle-bandle city
tristana-yordle-bandle city
trundle-none. i doubt he likes his tribe after what they did to him.
tryn-this one was hard. he's clearly for the barbarians, but he has hints of freljord.
twisted fate-none
twitch-zaun
udyr-ionia
urgot-noxus
vayne-demacia-though not the same reasons as demacian military/roylaty
veiger-yordle-bandle city. though he wants to take over the world so i dunno how deep his bandle allegiance goes... i fear for any noxian going against him
vladimir-noxus
warwick-zaun-brief stint with noxus
wukong-plague jungles
xareth-shurima desert
xin-demacia
yorick-shadowisles
zilean-urtistan

Final list by me is broken down by specific towns / locations for individuals. If they were in a similar area, i put them together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticRaven View Post
Ionia:

Akali - Kinkou
Irelia
Master Yi
Shen(?) - Kinkou
Sona - Trained in Demacia
Soraka
Udyr
Wukong

Demacia:

Galio
Garen
Lux
Poppy - Yordle - Bandle City
Jarvan IV
Xin Jao
Vayne
Shyvana

Noxus:

Casseopia DuCouteau
Katarina DuCouteau
LeBlanc - Black Rose
MordeKaiser
Sion
Swain - Black Rose (?)
Urgot
Vladimir
Talon
Riven (Exiled)

Freljord:

Ashe
Nunu - Yeti Tribe
Trynadmere - Barbarian King

Piltover:

Caitlyn
Corki - From Bandle City
Ezreal
Heimerdinger - From Bandle City
Orianna

Zaun:

BlitzCrank
Dr. Mundo (Though, he goes where he pleases)
Janna - Piltover Ally
Singed
Twitch
Warwick - (Noxus)

Bandle City / Yordles:

Amumu
Corki - Piltover
Heimerdinger - Piltover
Kennen - Kinkou
Poppy - Demacia
Rumble
Teemo
Tristana
Veigar

Void:
Cho'Gath
Kog'Maw
*Malzahar - origin unknown
Kassadin(?) -Against the Void.

Barrier Hills

Gragas - FootHills
Nidalee - Jungle
Rammus - Shurima Desert

Bilgewater:

Miss Fortune
Gangplank
Graves
Fizz

Other Worlds:

Anivia
Kayle
Morgana
Nasus - Library
Renekton - Library
Taric

Lokfar:
Brand - (Where he took a body, origins unknown)
Olar

Other Dimension:

Malphite - The Monolith
Fiddlesticks - Unknown

Unknown:

*Evelynn - (Rumors of Shadow Isles)
*Jax - (Speculated Icathian, Speculated to be Ashram)
Ryze
Shaco

Shadow Isles:
Yorick

Other:

Alistar - Minotaur Tribes
Annie - Gray Order
Karthus - Howling Marsh
Leona - Mount Targon
Moakai - Created from magical mishap in Twisted Treeline.
Nocturne - Living Nightmare
Pantheon - Mount Targon
Sivir - Originally Noxus - Freelance
Skarner - Kalamanda
Trundle - Ruhgosk Tribe
Twisted Fate - Gained Powers in Zaun
Xareth-Shurima Desert
Zilean - Urtistan

* = Possible origin discovered

Broke it down as much as i could, used a lot of Larkhill's post ^_^

MurhpysLaw

06-07-2011

Three things.

I belive in the JoJ it was basicaly stated that Kayle has allied herself with Demacia.

Same with Morgana to Noxus.

And although Anivia claimed a mountain near Freljord and put up a bunch of "screw off" signs, she has somewhat allied with Freljord proper. Not sure if that's enough to go off of with her to warent a mention, but her intentions seemed quite obvious to me with her appearance at the Trynd/Ashe wedding.

Take these as you will, just felt like mentioning them.

MajesticRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2011

Hmm, i know they're 'allied' but according to their lore the only reason they're HERE is to recieve additional power from summoners in order to improve their odds on their original world. Anivia i'm not 100% sure of, but if other people feel she belongs there i'll edit accordingly. Same with Morgana and Kayle.

larkhill

06-07-2011

morgana and kayle are weird. they arent really clear where they ally themselves with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgana
As the time approached when the two would meet in what could be their final conflict, Morgana was suddenly summoned to Valoran. At first, Morgana made a deal with the League's summoners to fight in exchange for greater power. With the advent of Kayle into the League, Morgana now willingly fights in the League of Legends for the privilege of being able to destroy her sister again, and again, and again. She lies in wait for the day the bonds of the Institute of War no longer hold her, and on that day she plans to destroy Kayle once and for all and return home a hero.
she's much like nasus/ren. they'll fight for the league itself but when they get their chance to accomplish their goal, they'll go right for it no matter who's in their way.

kayle's story is very similar. she traded 1000 years of service so ashram would stop demolishing her world. when he disappeared, she chose to go and find whoever did it and bring them, and all of valoran to justice. she's much like veigar in a way. remember, ashram may have disappeared but he did halt all league activity in kayle/morgana's world and with kayle's side nearly winning the war and morgana gone, im sure the war is over by now. especially after the 1000 years of servitude. kayle wants to bring all of valoran to justice, especially who caused ashrams disappearance, no matter which citystate they're from.

for this reason i put both of them as allying with their own home world as they dont really seem to care who they go with. kayle promised 1000 years to the league itself and i dont see her going back on that. and morgana took powers from multiple summoners. i doubt she cared where they were from

aniva is a very curious case and one that could be interpreted in a few ways. she's clearly for her home world. that parts a given. but who she ally's with in valoran is tricky. the problem with her is that her relationship with the yeti's and frejlord is still growing and probably just started. the league isnt all that old and i cant imagine building an allegiance with yeti's and barbarian tribes is easy.

the problem comes in the fact that where do u draw the line at forming an allegiance? is she allied wit hthem simply cause they live close to eachother? i get the feeling that she'd simply ally with anyone she lived close to. as she's an ice phoenix and lives next to frejlord and the yeti's, she goes with them. had she lived close to noxus, she'd likely be with them instead.

either way, we do know all 3 of them would ally with her home world. anything more is possible for the leagues purposes but nowhere near full-fledged allegiance imo

belthazor3457

06-08-2011

Slight correction for Malzahar - while Malzahar is void-aligned, he is not actually -from- the void. According to Malzahar's lore, he is a native of Valoran, born a seer, then constantly prodded by visions of an impending doom, which eventually drove him to Icathia, where he then made his alignment known, and went to join the league.

MajesticRaven

06-08-2011

Hmm, so does he get placed in -Unknown- for origin? Does he have a town?

belthazor3457

06-08-2011

It's implied in his character story that he's from a town in the Shurima desert.

MajesticRaven

06-08-2011

Edited with tabs under Void that Malzahar originated from a town in Shurima, but fights for the void.

larkhill

06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by malzahar's story
He ventured into the desert without supplies, drawn by the lure of a specious charm. His destination: a lost civilization to the east, known to ancient texts as Icathia.
venturing into the desert imply's he didnt start there. but that brings its own set of problems. "a lost civilization to the east" means that he had to come from the west and a place that would force him to cross the desert. he could only have come from the western part of the desert, demacia, urtistan and fyrone flats. he simply doesnt have that demacian air about him. he cant be from urtistan as zilean is said to be the only survivor, and fyrone flats is too mysterious. its possible but we have no info on it at all.

he's either from a REALLY far western town in the desert itself and the wording on the quote above is just bad, or he's from fyrone flats. i guess he could be a really weird demacian but again, i doubt it.

either way, my reason for putting him with the void was cause he left his town and doesnt even care to mention it or have pride in it at all. its a similar situation to sona being demacian. he may have been born wherever he was, but he got his powers from the void and has voices in his head of the void.

remember, he doesnt have visions of the future anymore. he only has visions of the void.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malz story
His eyes, seeing what others cannot, and what none should, were filled with the essence of the Void. His once shifting visions of the future were replaced with the immutable promise of Valoran beset by creatures of the Void.
he's very far from the man he used to be. he was one of the most powerful seer's in all of runeterra who couldnt control his powers. now he's a vessel for the void to use and bring about their own plans

MajesticRaven

06-08-2011

Hmm, i'll put 'unknown origin' until more information arises, and a * for speculation.