Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Buying a carachter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ANDRETHEGOD

03-27-2010

I finally got my 3200 IP, but now I cannot decide wich caracther i should buy.

I loved to play as Teemo on the free week, but I'm afraid he's a noob slayer, if i level up he becomes useless. So, the other option is Shaco.

I'm level 12 and I'm used to play with AP TF, and it's extremelly hard to play with noob feeder team, that's the only reason I'm not waiting for reaching 6300IP.

If someone has an opinion please tell me, it would be nice.

PS: Sorry for my bad english...

Vindico Atrum

03-27-2010

Katarina pwns mid ELO.

wildfire393

03-27-2010

Quote:
ANDRETHEGOD:
I finally got my 3200 IP, but now I cannot decide wich caracther i should buy.

I loved to play as Teemo on the free week, but I'm afraid he's a noob slayer, if i level up he becomes useless. So, the other option is Shaco.

I'm level 12 and I'm used to play with AP TF, and it's extremelly hard to play with noob feeder team, that's the only reason I'm not waiting for reaching 6300IP.

If someone has an opinion please tell me, it would be nice.

PS: Sorry for my bad english...

Neither Teemo nor Shaco is considered very good for high ELO play.

ANDRETHEGOD

03-27-2010

I see, but i really pwned with Teemo.

My best score was 20-0-8 with a Karthus and a Ezreal on the other team...

I really don't like Katarina, so I don't see any other carachter good for me.

*Noob Question*: What means ELO? xD

Remunial

03-27-2010

If you want to play a ranged carry then don't pick Teemo. The more I play the more I see Teemo players bringing the team down more than helping. He CAN be good but he needs to be fed or farmed. There are other ranged carries that bring more to a team fight than just a blind that may or may not even be useful (depending on the enemy team composition). Someone like Tristana, Ashe or Corki are much better choices for a ranged carry.

As for Shaco.....no. Don't buy him. He's another one of those champions that are great at small fights but not in large team fights.

My suggestion would be to buy Ashe for 450 IP and spend the rest on runes. You can also get Tristana for free when you get her free Riot Girl Tristana skin from being a fan of Riot on Facebook. That would probably be the best route.

ANDRETHEGOD

03-27-2010

I totally agree with you, btw I use teemo at middle, so at the end I'm usually the biggest farmer.

About team playing, well, it's not just the blind, also the poison, that keeps enemies far away from you, and the bombs, sometimes i plant a mine field xD

I already have Ashe, I got lots of runes and I tried Tristana coz this week is free and I didn't liked at all.

I'll get more IP points to reach Corki or Ezreal, I wna see how Ezreal work next free champions week, for now I'll keep pwning with TF with good teams, or play horribly with nab teams.

Thanks to all for the help

Lynxion

03-27-2010

Depends what you like, I suggest Jax because he's good in all ELOs and he's forgiving to learn.

Lord Gorthax

03-27-2010

Quote:
Lynxion:
Depends what you like, I suggest Jax because he's good in all ELOs and he's forgiving to learn.

Agreed, Jax is a fun character to play and experiment with. played right he can be a very good asset to a team.

Krusiv

03-27-2010

Quote:
wildfire393:
Neither Teemo nor Shaco is considered very good for high ELO play.

This might be a weird question to ask but what would be an example of a cookie-cutter high ELO team?

FeLpZ

Recruiter

03-27-2010

Quote:
Nakigahara:
This might be a weird question to ask but what would be an example of a cookie-cutter high ELO team?

fiddle, alistar, jax are the 3 top champs.. look at the tier list for more info