@Riot, Unexplained Lag

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

09-30-2009
1 of 7 Riot Posts

Generally I play at about 60 ms ping ingame. I know most players have 11 or so, but w.e 60 is quite serviceable for me.

Occasionally, it jumps up to 180-200. Always reliably in that range. It makes the game much more frustrating to play (I feel like I'm back on wc3 on bnet :P). How do I reduce this latency, or is it specific to my case?

Jozrael

QA Analyst

09-30-2009
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Actually, this game its jumped to over 500 ms. It's unplayable. WATS GOING ON @_@.

EDIT: It keeps on climbing. Over 700 ms now.

EDIT2: And just before the end of the game, back down to 80. Jeez, that feels good.

EDIT3: I figure I might as well mention some other issues here. I occasionally get a (literal) 20 second hang in the game. Obviously, this is absolutely deadly. I often get 1 second hangs in teamfights or w.e (which suck), but these 20 second hangs are far, far worse.

Collo

10-01-2009

Using vista with WLAN?

h4rdcor3

10-01-2009

One of my friends was playing over wireless, and would get 5-10 second lag spikes. Made playing with him extremely frustrating. When he switched over to lan things were much better.

Now i don't like to play with him because he sucks, not because he screws our team over with lag spike deaths.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

10-01-2009
3 of 7 Riot Posts

Perhaps I'll switch over to wired then.

synack

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skystriker View Post
Perhaps I'll switch over to wired then.
DUH. Wireless should never be used for Internet gaming.

Period.

Collo

10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by synack View Post
DUH. Wireless should never be used for Internet gaming.

Period.
It works fine, but with vista&wireless combined, there is a lil bug/feature: vista will scan for other wlans every 60 seconds. There is a fixprogram for that named "Vista Antilag". Get it, and have fun.

Alucard89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-11-2010

I have a wired connection and everythings hooked up right, i even let my firewall to allow LoL to work with no probs, i usually hang around 80 but lately after i moved and had my comcast switched over to new place it skyrockets to 1000 mid game for like 5 mins, ne help here?

Funz

01-31-2011

sorry but comcast just sucks, badly.

Funz

01-31-2011

anyway I have the same issue but w/ wired internet. sudden ping increase to 300 from 50, at the same time FPS drops from 30+ to around 7. last for around 15 sec for every 10 min. Never had this problem before, because of this I even clean installed my computer. it all started w/ a patch, and every following patch changes the situation. some patches made it good, some bad.. every time after patching, I have a different FPS/ping problem. there were a period of time there will be FPS drop for 30 sec every 30 sec. basically half of my game is frames after frames. Riot server issue? ISP issue? my computer? idk, but none of my roommates have ping issue.