How to Improve FPS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ePalm

Recruiter

06-07-2011

Hey guys I know that a lot of us have had that problem of low FPS (most recently from this last patch) and just wanted to share my methods of improving FPS as well as maybe get some others' input. Here are some fairly simple methods that shouldn't alter your gaming experience too much:

1. Turn down graphics!: Turning down the graphics and resolution can improve FPS by at least 15-20. For those of you who don't know while in game go to the Options menu, then Video, and adjust the desired settings.

2. Game Booster: This is just a little program that shuts down all those useless processes going on in the background. It can improve FPS by about 5-10.
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

3. Defrag: Sometimes defragging your computer can aid in improving FPS. After I defrag I usually notice the client run a little smoother and maybe 1-5 extra FPS. Using the defragger that comes with your computer is fine and dandy, but I use Auslogics Disk Defrag.
http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/

4. Close lolclient.exe: If you're really having trouble with FPS then you can CTRL+ALT+DEL and close "lolclient.exe". The only bad part of this is that you have to reopen the client after each game since you closed it (derrr). The effect of this is dramatic though and can improve FPS by 15-30.

Programs that seem to reduce FPS (aka close them):

Any other ways to improve FPS or corrections on my methods are always appreciated. Methods of increasing FPS are not additive of course and will vary from computer to computer.

LadyGagaFanclub

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2011

Or you could not have a baddie computer manufactured by fisher price.

Filthy Rabble

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2011

doh.. Fisher Price owns !

speak n spell ftw !

Rahgar

06-07-2011

If you're using a laptop, make sure it's plugged into a proper-voltage socket.

Some old sockets don't pump out enough electricity, and while your laptop may say it's plugged in, your in-game performance will suffer due to low power from the socket.

Another one for laptops; make sure your powersave option is turned off before you play. If you have a touch-sensor for your powersave (like an Alienware M15X laptop), you may trigger it without knowing beforehand. If it is on, alt-tab out, and turn the powersave settings off. Using the touch-sensor while LoL is open will make something happen in the game, since it's a full-screen application and takes precedence over the desktop currently.

Duoshot

06-07-2011

I find that buying the most expensive video card on the market also helps.

Fac3r0ll

06-07-2011

i thought i could learn here how to improve my skills in first person shooters, im disapointed.

Haccusations

06-07-2011

I did all of those and you lie. My fps imrpoved from 4 to 8. Not really a big improvement.

RqubeD

09-16-2011

u have ****ty computer adn bad internet^

Revoltechs

01-13-2012

I wouldn't really recommend closing lolclient.exe
I would recommend setting it to low priority and then after champ select (when people are loading) set leagueoflegends.exe to high priority

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20183433-improving-fps