Quick n' Dirty AP Ezreal Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StretchyStretch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2010

This is my first guide, but ive been playing Ezreal like this with great results.

Back story and abilities:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/champ...digal_explorer

There ya go, you probably already know his abilities anyway.

Runes and masteries:
Matter of preference really. I suggest MPen marks, MP5 seals, CDR glyphs, any quints.
Msteries should be 9/0/21

Summoner spells:
Clarity: THIS IS A MUST! Ezreal needs mana and this build doesnt give much until later. Starting pots + clarity let you stay in lane for a while.
Ghost, Teleport, or Clairvoyance: Ghost is always good, lets you quickly get from one lane to another. Teleport is always a decent choice, lets you get back into your lane fast, especially if your solo mid. Clair is alright, always good for one person on a team to have, and lets you snipe with your ult much better.

Ability order:
Start with one rank in Q, then max W, then E, then Q, getting R whenever possible.
So: Q, E, W, W, W, R, W, E, W, E, R, E, E, Q, Q, R, Q, Q.

Items, this is an AP build, and i mean AP!:
Start, boots, assorted pots, i suggest 2 mana, 1 hp.
Why start with boots? Because you cant start with Blasting Wand, and your first item to build is Zhonya's.
After Zhonya's get boots 2, I usually get Sorc.
Next is Lich Bane. Get Sheen first for the mana and a little more AP. Once LB is done your Q now has a 1:1 AP ratio, yea.
After this you want Nashors Tooth. Paired with the 15% cdr from runes and masteries you're already at 40%. The attack speed goes with your passive to help you take out creeps and towers too.
Finally, Rylai's is perfect, health, AP, and a slow.

Final item build:
1. Sorc boots
2. Zhonya's
3. Lich Bane
4. Nashor's Tooth
5. Rylai's Scepter.
6. Theres almost no way the game is still going after getting the first 5 items.

Strategy:
If available, go ahead and solo. Early game, last hit with Q as much as possible. You need money for Zhonya's. Play defensively, you can harass from very far away with Q, and you need to stay in lane until you can get at least one Blasting Wand.
Mid game, Try to get a gank, W hits very hard once you have a Wand or two. You can use your ult to help teammates in other lanes, or finish off a runner.
Late game. You should have a lot of AP now, and that makes all of your abilities hit very hard, as long as you have LB for your Q. E does the most damage in team fights, but W is probably more usefull because it heals your allies for a lot! A lot a lot, and takes a good chunk of health from enemies. Use ult to soften an enemy push before your team initiates, or to finish off the runners.

So there ya go, you're a heavy nuking mage that can heal like Soraka and hurt like Annie. Just remember, practice makes perfect, and all those skillshots need practice.

Charmicarmicarmicat

03-27-2010

I don't see much point in Nashors on a pure AP ez. The attackspeed is largely wasted as the time you spend autoattacking is minimal.

A better sollution would be to use Deathfires Grasp. While 10% less cooldown reduction, also adds a 5th nuke that becomes stronger as you progress.

While he does have an escape mechanism, He is kind of squishy. I suggest hp/lvl seals and consider getting a rod of ages instead of zhonya's. It also helps leviating his mana issues, possibly freeing a summoner spell slot for flash.

StretchyStretch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
I don't see much point in Nashors on a pure AP ez. The attackspeed is largely wasted as the time you spend autoattacking is minimal.

A better sollution would be to use Deathfires Grasp. While 10% less cooldown reduction, also adds a 5th nuke that becomes stronger as you progress.

While he does have an escape mechanism, He is kind of squishy. I suggest hp/lvl seals and consider getting a rod of ages instead of zhonya's. It also helps leviating his mana issues, possibly freeing a summoner spell slot for flash.
The extra 10% more cdr in Nashors is much better to me. The extra nuke on DFG is great, but i still prefer Nashors, but thats just preference, if you wanna try DFG instead, go for it. TBH, Its hard for a game to last much longer than Lich Bane.

If you play him right, you shouldnt be taking too much damage, and the instant ~150 AP from Zhonyas is much better than RoA, plus if you get in trouble theres the 2 second immunity. Also he has a flash already, dont really need it as a summoner spell. And Clarity helps restore mana to teammates as well.

BiCuriousGeorge

03-27-2010

yeah this guide needs some more work. you dont need a nashors especially that late in the game. zhonya is not a good second item its too expensive and can really screw you over. you dont need clarity. i never use it because you dont need. Get some mana regen runes and get a chalice and ur fine for the rest of game. "E" is not a good spell to max first mainly because you can hit creeps with it so it unreliable Q and W are much better skills to max first. Your "E" does the most dmg in team fights. My R does the most with me. 8-1-21 mastery? whats the 1 in defense for?

StretchyStretch

03-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiCuriousGeorge View Post
yeah this guide needs some more work. you dont need a nashors especially that late in the game. zhonya is not a good second item its too expensive and can really screw you over. you dont need clarity. i never use it because you dont need. Get some mana regen runes and get a chalice and ur fine for the rest of game. "E" is not a good spell to max first mainly because you can hit creeps with it so it unreliable Q and W are much better skills to max first. Your "E" does the most dmg in team fights. My R does the most with me. 8-1-21 mastery? whats the 1 in defense for?
A game is usually over by the time i finish Lich Bane, but Nashors helps to spam abilities, the attack speed isnt great but the AP and CRD are a big help for me.
Getting Zhonyas as a first item is key, it makes all abilities hit very hard except Q, which will also hit hard with LB.
I think Chalice is a waste of money for this build, getting Zhonyas asap is better, so having clarity is invaluable.
E hits the hardest other than R and lowers cooldown with each rank, it takes some skill to land, but once you get good at it its the best to level first. Yea R does more damage in team fights, but E is more spammable, i wasnt really including R in that because its kind of a given that it does the most damage, but it also is more used at the beginning or end of the fight, not during.
I never change up my mastery page, its always the same, thats why i said its a matter of preference, just included mine as a reference and to show i have the 9% cdr. The 1 point is actually in improved heal, which i know is pointless for this guide, but i use heal on some people so i got that, and again, i use the same page for everyone.

LegendaryCaoCao

03-28-2010

I prefer DPS build: Trinity/Serk Greaves/Guinsoo's/InfinityEdge/Nashoor's

Golem is a must have whenever possible.

StretchyStretch

04-02-2010

Made some small changes, i now agree that W is a better skill to max first for this build. It is easier to hit, hits multiple enemies, and heals allies.