@Riot Comcast users suffering from lag spikes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Truckasaurus

06-07-2011

They've had this problem for a while now. Riot blames Comcast and Comcast blames Riot.

Wizdum

06-07-2011

if your with comcast, usually there DNS servers are very bad, specially when playing a game, if you change over to use a GOOGLE DNS server, you should lose the lag spikes, its even funnier in my neighborhood were comcast goes out every time it rains yet i run just fine using the GOOGLE DNS server. Here is a how to hope it helps

http://imthekiller.blogspot.com/2010...ublic-dns.html

Sallad Hunter

06-07-2011

Dont comcast users have problems with every game?

iBi Smoketreez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallad Hunter View Post
Dont comcast users have problems with every game?
Not I.

dorkbrains

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizdum View Post
if your with comcast, usually there DNS servers are very bad, specially when playing a game, if you change over to use a GOOGLE DNS server, you should lose the lag spikes, its even funnier in my neighborhood were comcast goes out every time it rains yet i run just fine using the GOOGLE DNS server. Here is a how to hope it helps

http://imthekiller.blogspot.com/2010...ublic-dns.html

anyone know if this is a fix?

Jukka Sarasti

06-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezzak View Post
I have Comcast and I haven't had any of the issues you guys are experiencing. My connection is stable and I haven't had any issues in the past two years or so. Speedtest below.
That's good for you. For the rest of us, random lag spikes where you can't do anything for 2 seconds is utter bs.

I can do the speed test and get the same results. It's dumb to speed test for a lag spike.... Unless the spike happens during the test, OF COURSE it's not going to show anything wrong.

Pflame

06-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRuleAll View Post
I have Time Warner and I just got some super lag spikes last game. 40 FPS with 90 Latency, but I would randomly get 1-2 second spikes all game. So it might not just be comcast.
It's game breaking sometimes, 2 seconds of no actions = death

Worldshaker

06-07-2011

Yeah my internet is fine.

For everyone I know, our connections are perfect..... Until we play LoL... Then for some reason we get 2 second lag spikes randomly.

My net is fast for every other game I play and everything else... it's just a LoL issue... Comcast is having issues connecting to the Riot servers for some reason.

IS1c851925780901

06-07-2011

Hello,

If its an ISP issue you guys are facing, you might want to consider trying something like a proxy service that can alter your connection, hopefully bypassing the problem.

Have a look at the 2nd post here:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=807579&page=2

ApendiX

06-07-2011

ive been getting massive lag spikes for a month now...