Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which HP rune is better?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pink401k

Recruiter

03-27-2010

The question is, which HP rune is better. Straight HP, or Hp / level? I guess it could mostly be preference, but at level 13, the HP/level beats out the straight HP. But, the straight HP helps the beginning levels a lot as well. So, which is better? Thanks for any insight!

Also, what should I build for Taric's rune page? I play him as an Aura Support champion. I was thinking HP Quints, CD reduction blues, and beyond that I'm unsure. Thanks guys.

Ferg

03-27-2010

I use straight. Having a head start at early game can make a big difference. If it even gets you 2 kills that's more then enough cash to make up for the lost HP from levels.

Benadryl Jackson

Recruiter

03-27-2010

If you're using Quints, then Straight HP is a lot better because of the huge boost early game. The HP / Level Quints only grant a negligibly greater amount by level 18.

If you're talking about Seals, however, HP / Level is the way to go. A flat HP seal will give you 5.35 health. A HP / Level seal will give you that much by level 5, and then 15 more health by the time you're 18. Do really care about a tiny bit more health at levels 1-4, when you can have the same bonus at level 5 and 4 times that amount at level 18?

Charmicarmicarmicat

03-27-2010

Like benadryl says...

mOeeOm

03-27-2010

If you're talking about quints, then flat HP. The scaling matches the flat at level 12, the game is decided in the early levels.

If you're talking about seals scaling is better, but dodge is best in this slot. The scaling is like 170 HP at level 18, but with dodge it's 6.75% from level 1 on and goes really well with the defense talent.