Do you think champions are too flimsy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phi Trigger

03-27-2010

I'm just curious if anyone else thinks that towards the end of the game especially, champs are just too flimsy. Early midgame, I realize that champs generally need to be less resilient as it's usually just 1x1 and 2x2 lanes, but when you get to the 5v5 stage in the game, I think champions just die too fast. I feel this is due to the fact that HP armor mres doesn't scale as well as damage, both on the champions and on the items, and when you have 5 players concentrating on 1 champion with the lowest defense, that champ dies...fast.

So why is this bad? When initially a player or two drop out of the fight so fast, many times the fight is determined by who can knock a player out of the fight first. This would be fine, except the amount of micromanagement required in the timeframe it takes to kill 1 champion is far too little, meaning there's less time for a skilled team to make use of their...skills. Currently the most important "skill" is simply coordination to attack 1 target and making sure that target is stunned or disabled in some way, and using the highest damage abilities and attacks to dispose as quickly as possible. This is a problem because it means that many spells lose value as they just aren't cast during the most pertinent time of battle, and only the high damage output skills and disabling skills have any true value. It also overvalues flash as initiation means too much to the outcome of the battle!

My suggestion is that champions generally scale slightly higher hitpoints, mres, armor as levels grow, and items which provide these become relatively cheaper to promote the purchase of these items without it being detrimental to the team (An organized team of equally skilled 5 damage doers will beat a team of 5 defenders).

Dyzek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-27-2010

I think this is the best part about LoL.

Early-mid game the pace is slow; you have time to think during the fight.

Late game it fast-paced; you need to know who to focus and you need to plan ahead. This makes the game much more interesting IMO.

dirkzy

03-27-2010

This is where team composition comes into play. A kayle or zilean would turn that fight into your favor after they blow all of their cool downs. A rammus or shen taunting could make a big difference also.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2010

I think Jax needs more hp, like 4k starting HP and his passive. Then MAYBE he'll have enough hp.

KroganWarlord

03-27-2010

tl;dr

If they make champions more buff, the game will be longer.

More survivability = less kills = more stalemates = longer game = what riot doesn't want.

Yannae

03-27-2010

besides, some heroes are just meant to kill enemies in 1-2 seconds (Ryze, Eve, ...), how would you balance that?
equally raise their dmg so they still can burst an enemy champ?
then they have a serious advantage over anyone else, especially in the early game.
and if you let their dmg-output where it is, you can totally scrap them as they no longer are of any use.

tl;dr
just no

Speakes

03-28-2010

Quote:
I think Jax needs more hp, like 4k starting HP and his passive. Then MAYBE he'll have enough hp.
^this. jax is the weakest char in game and he needs +100 dmg and 400 starting movespeed.