How long does it take to get to Level 30?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mickst3r

06-07-2011

Sup guys,
I'm a long time DotA Player and have decided to move on to LoL.
Have been playing LoL for 1-2 weeks now and having a blast!
Being experienced in DoTa I got the hang of LoL quite fast and am constantly in the top 2 for each game with the most kill death ratios (unless im supporting).

I'm thinking of joining a clan and do some competitive games, however it seems most clans only recruit players that are level 30+.

So... I was wondering how long would it take roughly to get to level 30 if I play on average 10 games per day.

lpkdoop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2011

if you buy the xp boosts in the item shop not very long at all

otherwise a while

CheeseSoda598

06-07-2011

if you win most of them from 1-30 took me about a month

Signious

06-07-2011

I have around 150W and 150L in mostly matchmaker (few customs) and I am just under lvl 30

FlowyS

06-07-2011

I think I got to level 30 at around 300 matches played or so. Had about around 160 wins and 140 losses.

So 30 days?

Jokingly

06-07-2011

I want to say 200ish games, if I remember correctly.

The trick with the transition is that you have to farm this game somewhat hard (or dump some cash into it) to get several champs and their respective rune pages. Once you find a team worth sticking with you'll probably play the same role most games, so you only really need a few combos, but odds are to find said team you'll need to grind solo Q which means you need to be more open about character selection.

Best of luck!

Wings of Demacia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2011

I think the general rule of thumb, without XP boosts, is about 300 games, as stated before me. So at 10 games a day, yeah, it should theoretically take about a month.

Oh, yeah, and just as an off-topic note, the matchmaking system is designed to keep everyone at a W/L ratio of about 50%. I have something like 407 wins and 403 losses, so no matter how good or bad you are, chances are you'll still always have roughly the same number of wins and losses.

Amasis

06-07-2011

I have had this game for almost a year (I believe I downloaded it in July of last year) and I am still not 30. Granted, I didn't play much from October to February, and still play off and on (maybe 1-2 games a day). I am about 50% for normal games (average 90 wins 90 losses give or take a few) plus 60ish co-op vs AI games, plus a handful of custom games. Still level 26, sigh.

deathcoilfeardot

06-07-2011

I actually recorded my W-L when I reached 30, which was 174-149.

Previnity

06-07-2011

Read Previous Posts about getting to level 30. ~300 games sounds accurate.

If you are new, something that people need to tell you:

DO NOT BUY RUNES UNTIL LEVEL 20 . I made this mistake. Their are 3 tiers of runes and at 20 is the last tier, thus the ones that are actually worth the IP.

Save you IP, don't buy champs. (Unless there is one you are 100% sure you want and I mean absolutely sure) Play around with the free weeks, learn each one to some ability. Learn what it is to be support, tank, all that jazz. Save you IP for level 20, then dump it all on Runes.

Why?
3 health quintessences will cost you over 6k ip. And if you want to build a caster rune set, a support tune set, jungling, etc... You will need all the ip you can get.

Happy Huntings Summoner!!!