Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP TF: An Anachronism in LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

devotionx

03-27-2010

kick my butt, dps fate seemed funny for all those who wanted to got as/ad with him, to stay alive he needs a fed leviathan, otherwise hes screwed to nukes.

PLaygin him pure AS is the same stupid idea like hey, redcards provide 100%of your attackdamge!
Lets go stack BF Swords like Pantheons or Kats.

A Hybrid is the way to go. Like Charmi said head on to Trinity Force, drop in boots and Nashors or Guinsos and game ist mostly done, ohterwise get an SotD.

Thats pretty much THE build right now, cauz TF likes items that seemed useless to most other chars.

Reason is simple, you want to use all your abilities, so AP for WIldcards, PaC and SD
AD for Redcards and continued autohits on enemys to get them down the 2 seconds you wait to refresh your cds.
AS for more SD procs.
Trinity Force gives it all, a nice movementspeed boost to a very slow dude some mana and needed life..
oh and crit lol..but everything counts on him now.

The combination and pushing of all skills eqvivalently makes him viable.

in fact you can go AS on hit effect items with EVERY char, wich in the end always results in fail.

GamBino826

03-27-2010

Yeah, I think the main argument right now is that AP TF still has a better long range burst than AD TF, but in the long run, an AD TF will generally do better in a sustained team fight?

I find it ridiculously easy to pull off double kills with an AD TF after their carry has been disabled (usually by my gold card), but I'm not sure if AP TF can do that frequently, unless they clip multiple heroes with Wild Card and the AOE slow from Red hits all of them.

That being said, the AP coefficient on Stacked Deck is 0.3, which is a relatively low ratio as well, so my question is: would magic pen be a better option than just stacking AP? Because it seems all of TF's spells have relatively poor AP ratios and it seems he suffers from that problem similar to Fiddlesticks and the solution for Fiddles was to stack as much magic pen or reduction as possible.

Charmicarmicarmicat

03-28-2010

Quote:
GamBino826:
Yeah, I think the main argument right now is that AP TF still has a better long range burst than AD TF, but in the long run, an AD TF will generally do better in a sustained team fight?

I find it ridiculously easy to pull off double kills with an AD TF after their carry has been disabled (usually by my gold card), but I'm not sure if AP TF can do that frequently, unless they clip multiple heroes with Wild Card and the AOE slow from Red hits all of them.

That being said, the AP coefficient on Stacked Deck is 0.3, which is a relatively low ratio as well, so my question is: would magic pen be a better option than just stacking AP? Because it seems all of TF's spells have relatively poor AP ratios and it seems he suffers from that problem similar to Fiddlesticks and the solution for Fiddles was to stack as much magic pen or reduction as possible.

The AP coifficent is just flavor. The real reason to get AP is to fuel your lich bane.

Burst is also, generally, more valuable than sustained damage.

A Retarded Clown

10-03-2010

with AP TF..if amumu ults I can red card + Wild card and see their whole teams hp go down by half...except tanks..thats good enough for me..

Computerz

Recruiter

10-04-2010

Quote:
Daethr:
with AP TF..if amumu ults I can red card + Wild card and see their whole teams hp go down by half...except tanks..thats good enough for me..

Nice necro.

kijik

Recruiter

10-04-2010

you're all pretty much failing, build hybrid, and grats you farm well and auto attack well.