Jungle Nocturne without runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

costas84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2011

People told me it was impossible to Jungle with Nocturne without runes.

I just tried Nocturne out in the jungle without runes, was successful, was lvl6 right when the sidelanes were 7

Should i buy runes first? Or should i keep jungling with him?

Needless to say hes a very fun champion to play.

EzraTwitch

06-07-2011

Buy at least a few runes first, flat armor seals or AS marks at the very least. Your main goal as a jungler is not only to clear your jungle quickly but also to be available for ganks as they become apperen, if you are under leveled or making it through your jungle without enough health to start ganking with out having to return to base you are going to start falling behind rather quickly. The main reason for this is there is about twice as much money to be earned in lane as in the jungle and as a jungler you rely on ganks to bridge that gap, if you are only able to gank seldom/infrequently you (and by extension, your team) will be at a serious disadvantage come mid-late game.

costas84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2011

Can i at least rely on Tier 1 runes? I am gathering IP for the new Champion with the ball which i forgot the name of (/facepalm).

jaMx

06-07-2011

Get Armor pen quints/reds and attack speed blues/yellows. Don't waste your ip on t1 runes.

costas84

06-07-2011

And i should waste like 20k IP on tier 3 runes instead of buying the new Champion with it?

I dont get a lot of IP per day because i dont play Normal Mode, im not even level 30 even after playing for such a very long time (since before Garen was released, around 1 year and 3 months ago) because of the same reason.

jaMx

06-07-2011

yea u should...and it's not 20k ip. one champ with full runes is better than 5-10 champions without runes

costas84

06-07-2011

Thing is, im planning on buying Orianna with IP and Nocturne with RP, ill buy the runes after i buy Orianna.

Nocturne is currently on his free week, i should be able to get Orianna with a week of farming non-Normal games.

ScorchXBanister

06-07-2011

Nocturne is a bit weaker as a jungler than the ones who were born to it. Any champion who has something that heals them and a dash is going to be tried as a jungler. (Actually, I think some people try EVERY champion, but that's not the point)
Nocturne is a better jungler with runes, yes. But you say you made it work and you were lv.6 when the lanes were lv.7? If you can kill someone at that point, you will be fine. Otherwise, I'd lane.

Master Dim Sum

06-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by costas84 View Post
People told me it was impossible to Jungle with Nocturne without runes.

I just tried Nocturne out in the jungle without runes, was successful, was lvl6 right when the sidelanes were 7

Should i buy runes first? Or should i keep jungling with him?

Needless to say hes a very fun champion to play.
I would buy runes. If you're hitting level 6 when the side lanes are 7. You're not that successful jungling. The whole point of jungling is to be almost on par with mid/solo lane. That way you can jump in at level 4 and 6 ganking mid or solo lane unexpected. If you try to gank a lane at level 6 while they are all level 7, sadly that gank may be unsuccessful, plus they will be ready for u at that point.

I like AP marks and quints, AS glyphs, and Armor/Dodge Seals for jungle noc. Seems to work well.

BananaIisk9001

Recruiter

06-07-2011

Here are some helpful facts:
-Junglers with runes jungle faster
-Faster junglers gank earlier and need less red pots so u can get other items faster/have higher hp when u gank without having to go back all the time.
-By level 25-30 you will play against lvl 30s with multiple full tier 3 rune pages. If you don't have them your self you will have to out play people just to be on par with them.

My Tips to you:
-Buy a few champions (6300 doesn't mean they are better there are plenty cheaper champions that kick butt: ex: ashe, amumu, warwick, alistar, ryze, malphite, zilean, chogath, nidalee, etc) so you can get a decent feel for who you can use as your main.
-Buy tier 3 runes for whoever you choose to be your mains.
-Whenever you are bored of your mains play the free champions (the best way to learn the game is to learn all champs so you know their strengths and weaknesses).
-Once your rune pages are done and you've tried out tons of free champions start stockin up on the champions you like!