Problems Maining A Champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McDernalds

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-27-2010

I'm having a lot of problems sticking to and maining a champion that suits my playstyle. Mostly what my playstyle is, is that I like dealing with auras and being a support character, instead of a carry-type character. Theo only other playstyle I like is that of an HP tank.

Any help with these? Thanks

Vindico Atrum

03-27-2010

Erm.. Go to Champions, and tick the support box, play each X times until you like one? All we can do is tell you some names... BTW, Alistar = infinitely more useful than most supports. Grab Ennervating locket, a **** ton of armor and MR and roll with your team please.

GamBino826

03-27-2010

I think you're probably looking for Sivir, because she's one of the best aura mules in game, and is honestly one of the better support characters as well as being THE best tower pusher/creep clearer in the game.

HP Tank, you would probably go well with Alistair, because he's a good support character with his heal and also can pack a ton of HP. Otherwise, Cho Gath would be a nice choice for you, I believe. He can get incredibly beefy near end game and can soak up a large amount of punishment.

But really, I've never mained a character, and I've reached 30. Even though people usually advise you to stick to a character and play with that until 30, I've found that playing different characters helps a lot more with your understanding of other champions and where their weaknesses can be found.

Good luck!

PatMcGroyne

03-27-2010

Honestly if you want a tank that is fun to play yeah alistar is cool but shen can do some super cool stuff... His counter ganks are wicked and mess people up and he actually has movement speed so you don't get bored when you're trying to get somewhere... Also his taunt is a lot of fun especially when you stack huge armor

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-27-2010

Playing a main champion is fine. You gain experience from facing other champions.

The problem with playing support is that, if you solo queue in low-mid elo you'll rarely find it rewarding, as most players in that zone are not team-oriented and prefer to refer to kill/death stats as their form of "skill level".
From mid-higher elo, there is no definite support champion, which means you're more bound to choose based on your team line-up than what you want.

If you like auras though, Taric is a great choice for team fights and laning. Technically any tank can be turned into an "aura mule" by having an Aegis, since it's cheap and benefits everyone around.

Locard

Recruiter

03-27-2010

janna's not a bad support character, heals, airbornes, team buff across the map...i'm a big fan of those, you can also use zil

McDernalds

Recruiter

03-27-2010

I decided I'm going with a tank character. So, Talric is the "best" tank/support/aura character? Are there any others that come close?

Lord Gorthax

03-27-2010

I dont know about auras but my favorite tank would undoutably be Cho' gath. he is a good support at times and prepare to steal many of your friends kills using feast.

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!!!!

Xirus

03-27-2010

I'd say alistar is the best support/aura tank. Early game, his heal completely dominates a game. Late game he can move the enemy champions to where the others can kill them, and he's got such innate survivability that you can buy whatever items you want (aka, aura items).

However, his "pulverize/headbutt" combo may not be support enough for you, as it requires pretty precise aim on your part.

GamBino826

03-27-2010

I'd also think that Alistair is most likely the best choice for you, because he can be a very efficient "aura mule" and isn't hard to use. The hardest thing for him is most likely timing the Pulverize then getting behind the enemy and headbutting that champion into your teammates to kill. Also, his heal is very very helpful, and it has an AOE radius, unlike Taric's, which is very useful for pushing towers as well.

His Ulti also grants him very high survivability and he can take a lot of punishment with his ulti up, so there is a slight forgiveness for mistakes there if you feel that you may make a few fatal mistakes.