#1 Method of Escaping ELO Hell

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zyphier

06-06-2011

Blame yourself for every single loss, no matter the circumstances.

Lost a 4 vs 5? Blame yourself for the loss.

0-9000 Feeding teammates? Blame yourself for the loss.

You computer crashed at the loading screen and you start laning when everyone is at level 5? Blame yourself for the loss.

Your hot horny girlfriend undresses and forces herself on you, disrupting your concentration and causing you to feed? Blame yourself for the loss.

A second hot horny girl breaks into your home and forces herself onto your girlfriend, who gets ideas and invites you to participate in her idea, causing you to miss all your last hits? Blame yourself for the loss.

Every single game in ELO hell is winnable. You may not be the main reason for your team losing, but you can only be free from blame if you play the perfect game. Everyone does not play the perfect game, but everyone should aim to.

Whenever you are in a losing game, ask yourself: How do I win? Think of every single possibility, because a solution certainly exists. Think of everything from your item build to your rune page to your team mates to objectives on the map. Each game is different, and you have to discover the best possible action for each losing game.

Some scenarios to illustrate the point (the solutions are not perfect though).

1) Your teammate disconnects, leaving your team 4 vs 5.
Immediately ward the baron area. Get the remaining four players to clump up and protect towers like wild animals defending your territory. Urinate on the land in front of the turrets if you have to. Force a standstill, tempt them to go for baron. Once they back out, push out one wave of creeps out quickly and meet them at Baron. Backstab them halfway through the fight and you have a decent shot at winning.

2) Your teammate dies twice on his solo lane.
Either switch lanes or gank. Leave your lane and gank the guy. If he needs that much help you can even dual lane, babysit the guy and prevent the feed. Once farms, doesn't die and level, chances are he will not die as easily.

If he gets fed, you can force ridiculous ganks on him over and over again, just to make him leave the game. Have 3 guys follow him every where in the map, stalk his every move and just make his game unfun to play.

3) Your team mates are ******ed and fight a 3 vs 4 fight.
If there's a chance of turning around go help them. You may have to blow Ghost if there's hope, don't be afraid to. If not, pray your ******ed teammates distract them long enough to go for objectives. Steal their buffs. Solo dragon. Push turrets. There's always an opportunity when your teammates screw up.

4) Your girlfriend offers to fulfil your wildest dreams while you are playing.
**** off ***** I'M PLAYING HERE. Take out your ***** and beat her with it to teach her an important lesson: Don't distract you while playing!

ELO Hell is something that only exists in the mind. It's a barrier that prevents you from winning. If you want to be good you have to pull yourself out of impossible situations. Start winning 4 v 5's. Start preventing feeding teammates before they happen. Start exploring builds and strategies you haven't tried before.

It is possible to win against impossible odds, the only question is how.

What I'm putting forth is a mindset, it's not actually a build or strategy. However, a mindset is all you need to escape ELO hell.

sn3aks

06-06-2011

but how long will it take to get out, and how many bad gaming experiances will you have trying to get out, how much fun will you have playing games in elo hell?

is it fun blaming your self for each loss when in fact it was the guy who went afk to ****, came back when everyone was level 10 and started to feed the other team ending up with 15 deaths and then left the game again.

how much fun will you have in elo hell when your girlfriend gives up on you for being a dork and ignoring her just to play a game where you will lose because its a team game and there are not sufficient filters on who is allowed to que in ranked games.

Deathfairy

06-07-2011

The OP is 100% right. and sn3aks you are going to be stuck in elo hell even after reset, because you just don't get what OP is saying. If elo hell has so many feeder and bad as you portray, then find them on other team, feed on them make then rage quit etc

DuffTime

06-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphier View Post
Blame yourself for every single loss, no matter the circumstances.

Lost a 4 vs 5? Blame yourself for the loss.

0-9000 Feeding teammates? Blame yourself for the loss.

You computer crashed at the loading screen and you start laning when everyone is at level 5? Blame yourself for the loss.

Your hot horny girlfriend undresses and forces herself on you, disrupting your concentration and causing you to feed? Blame yourself for the loss.

A second hot horny girl breaks into your home and forces herself onto your girlfriend, who gets ideas and invites you to participate in her idea, causing you to miss all your last hits? Blame yourself for the loss.

Every single game in ELO hell is winnable. You may not be the main reason for your team losing, but you can only be free from blame if you play the perfect game. Everyone does not play the perfect game, but everyone should aim to.

Whenever you are in a losing game, ask yourself: How do I win? Think of every single possibility, because a solution certainly exists. Think of everything from your item build to your rune page to your team mates to objectives on the map. Each game is different, and you have to discover the best possible action for each losing game.

Some scenarios to illustrate the point (the solutions are not perfect though).

1) Your teammate disconnects, leaving your team 4 vs 5.
Immediately ward the baron area. Get the remaining four players to clump up and protect towers like wild animals defending your territory. Urinate on the land in front of the turrets if you have to. Force a standstill, tempt them to go for baron. Once they back out, push out one wave of creeps out quickly and meet them at Baron. Backstab them halfway through the fight and you have a decent shot at winning.

2) Your teammate dies twice on his solo lane.
Either switch lanes or gank. Leave your lane and gank the guy. If he needs that much help you can even dual lane, babysit the guy and prevent the feed. Once farms, doesn't die and level, chances are he will not die as easily.

If he gets fed, you can force ridiculous ganks on him over and over again, just to make him leave the game. Have 3 guys follow him every where in the map, stalk his every move and just make his game unfun to play.

3) Your team mates are ******ed and fight a 3 vs 4 fight.
If there's a chance of turning around go help them. You may have to blow Ghost if there's hope, don't be afraid to. If not, pray your ******ed teammates distract them long enough to go for objectives. Steal their buffs. Solo dragon. Push turrets. There's always an opportunity when your teammates screw up.

4) Your girlfriend offers to fulfil your wildest dreams while you are playing.
**** off ***** I'M PLAYING HERE. Take out your ***** and beat her with it to teach her an important lesson: Don't distract you while playing!

ELO Hell is something that only exists in the mind. It's a barrier that prevents you from winning. If you want to be good you have to pull yourself out of impossible situations. Start winning 4 v 5's. Start preventing feeding teammates before they happen. Start exploring builds and strategies you haven't tried before.

It is possible to win against impossible odds, the only question is how.

What I'm putting forth is a mindset, it's not actually a build or strategy. However, a mindset is all you need to escape ELO hell.
Bravo, and how right you are =)

It's much more fun to play with this mindframe.

You're not always in the dumps whining and *****ing about life and this game are out to get you.

I'm glad to see you feel the same way as I do. =) Hopefully this inspires people to put the bads on their backs and carry to victory!

Zyphier

06-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn3aks View Post
but how long will it take to get out, and how many bad gaming experiances will you have trying to get out, how much fun will you have playing games in elo hell?

is it fun blaming your self for each loss when in fact it was the guy who went afk to ****, came back when everyone was level 10 and started to feed the other team ending up with 15 deaths and then left the game again.

how much fun will you have in elo hell when your girlfriend gives up on you for being a dork and ignoring her just to play a game where you will lose because its a team game and there are not sufficient filters on who is allowed to que in ranked games.
ELO Hell is what you make of it. If you choose to let all the factors that you can't control affect the factors you can, then you're the one trapping yourself from rising against the odds.

I never said ELO hell is a breeze. It's a **** hard road, but when you finally get out you will skyrocket out of low ELO and hit mid ELO easily, because you learned to carry that hard from ELO hell.

You have three choices.
1. Give up.
2. Find people and things to blame.
3. Blame yourself, and drive yourself to improve your game.

P/S: The girlfriend thing was a joke. I mean it's something so crazy you would brag about it, not whine.

Occident

06-07-2011

This is a practice that I completely agree with in concept but find it difficult to practice. The reason is, yes I can blame myself for the loss, but it isn't always easy to see my own mistakes. I have to work hard at this each game, pretty much. What did I do wrong? I think your post is helpful up to a point - laying out the concept. What we need more of though are posts about things we do wrong. Those are hard to make without personal knowledge.

Zyphier

06-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occident View Post
This is a practice that I completely agree with in concept but find it difficult to practice. The reason is, yes I can blame myself for the loss, but it isn't always easy to see my own mistakes. I have to work hard at this each game, pretty much. What did I do wrong? I think your post is helpful up to a point - laying out the concept. What we need more of though are posts about things we do wrong. Those are hard to make without personal knowledge.
Ask yourself why each time. Why you died, why you lost, why the enemy snowballed, why they had so much map control. Then think what you could have done about it.

If you were out of position, stand behind the tanks more often. Maybe take Flash Ghost or Flash Cleanse if the enemy has a lot of divers going for you.

If you died because you took a risk to get a kill, ask yourself if that was worth the risk. What would have happened if you didn't risk it? If you had a streak, a buff, or meijai stacks, chances are you shouldn't risk it.

If you die before level 6, the enemy will have a significant level advantage on you, and my zone you because they reached their ultimate earlier. Taking risks at this level is much more dangerous, thus you have to be sure it's worth it when you do.

Reacting to feeding team mates is a whole different matter, depends on your enemies lineup and your champions role. You got to figure out what's the best way to prevent him from continue the feed while minimizing your expense.

Did you buy enough wards? Even carries have to buy wards for hotspots. It delays your core items, but it allows you to farm safer once you spot enemies on the map by using the process of elimination. Protects team mates who enjoy facechecking bushes too.

I Barricade I

06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occident View Post
http://www.leaguereplays.com/

http://clgaming.net/media/livestreams/

Download lolreplays, watch streams, watch your games. Notice the differences.

sn3aks

06-08-2011

Quote:
ELO Hell is what you make of it. If you choose to let all the factors that you can't control affect the factors you can, then you're the one trapping yourself from rising against the odds.

I never said ELO hell is a breeze. It's a **** hard road, but when you finally get out you will skyrocket out of low ELO and hit mid ELO easily, because you learned to carry that hard from ELO hell.

You have three choices.
1. Give up.
2. Find people and things to blame.
3. Blame yourself, and drive yourself to improve your game.

P/S: The girlfriend thing was a joke. I mean it's something so crazy you would brag about it, not whine.
i see what you are saying, but let point out a few things...

1) Ive never seen a worse community in any game, Ive played the ut series, guild wars, lotro, wow, war hammer, sc series, tft, cnc generals and dow... and prob some other big ones i forget... you come here as a veteran in pvp games and the competitive community that doesn't suck at this game just literally dumps on you all day. Ive seen one single constructive criticism. im not perfect i make mistakes and often know when im making them but do not obviously know all the right moves yet at all in lol... its called being a new player. Ive made several attempt to get involved with good players so i can learn more, it just never happened as of yet and its a shame because i have a lot to offer a team. i was top ten in every ut series for tdm and ctf, top 40 in gw, and on and on i dont care to keep listing. its a shame ive taken long breaks from al the other games ive player and all my old teams have disbanded as people move on in life. i mean in 1998 my ut clan was the number one clan in the world and we took 1st and second at the battle top world championship and several thousands of dollars in prize money... it was DD... and they simply were like hey man come play with us, after playing on my first clans sever with me for a while. this game its like hey man go **** your self....l2p...

actually thats it thats all thats really relevant to this thread.

relevant because you can blame your self all day, if there are no resources for improvement, no community then you only improve though trial and error, which is hell on your rating, and playing non ranked is just not going to make you better at ranked after a certain point.

i guess im going to be told to watch streams... thats really not a great option compared to finding a team to play with.

sn3aks

06-08-2011

Quote:
Ask yourself why each time. Why you died, why you lost,.
just lost a game were me and rumb were the only positive players on our team, and we almost won, until the very end when 2 of the other feeders who each had close to 20 deaths quit the game with in seconds of each other at about the 40 min mark.

i asked rumble who was good to duo and got no reply.

what else am i supposed to do... say I blame myself for not winning when 2 people who fed maybe 30 free deaths to the enemy team, also decided to leave.

im going to say something else here... most of my loses in ranked play are because of this at least 50 games lost from this sort of ****. if it evened out my w/l ratio would be close and its not.

in fact i can count the games ive lost where ive played bad with bad k/d/ ratio and bad cs on my hands and still be able to suck my thumb and put a finger in somewhere else

12345 ... 9