[Guide] Amumu , the sad mummy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ephiastos

03-27-2010

Hello Guys

I'd like to create a awesome Amumu Guide how i play him early,mid and late game with some itembuilds depended on the opponent Hopefully this guide will
help new players to play Amumu the right way to impress other players how strong amumu could be This will be a TANK Amumu guide - not AP , i think if
u play a tank u have to play the champ as a tank , however Amumu deals insane dmg as u get much mejai's stacks and some penetration but u arent tough enough
to survive a teambattle - what u actually should cauze everbody is annoyed of Amumus Ulti and target him first so he cant cast his ultimate cauze of this i started
playing him as a tough unstoppable tank with pretty useful team skills

I bought him 2 months ago and i absolutely detested him -.- i thought he was useless , cant resist anythink , is dealing no dmg etc....
But then i tried him once again a few days ago with some new itembuilds and ways of playing him and now i can highlyy recommend u this champ!!!
So i wanna introduce u my way of playing Amumu with all information u hvae to know about him:

Advantages : Tank (tantrum makes u hard to get killed early game)
High Area of Effect dmg (tantrum again )
AoE Root (2.5 sec - longest Aoe stun ingame) - Biggest Teambattle Advantage
Root and Drain - underestimated spells

Disadvantages: depends on mana (u get OoM very often ,u shouldnt waste u mana by rooting instantly if the CD is reseted)
depends on items as much as jax does - so u have to gank and farm early and successfully
Amumu is absolutely a teamplayer so if u team sucks - u suck too - dont worry it depends a lot of u team

Champion Spells:

PASSIVE - Cursed Touch:
Amumu's attacks reduce the target's Magic Resistance by 20/30/40 for 5 seconds.
Q - Bandage Toss
Amumu tosses a sticky bandage at a target, it stuns and damages the target while he pulls himself to them.
W - Despair
Overcome by anguish, nearby enemies lose a percentage of their maximum health each second.
E - Tantrum
Permamently reduces the physical damage Amumu would take. Amumu can unleash his rage, dealing damage to surrounding enemies. Each time Amumu is hit, the cooldown on tantrum is reduced by 1 second.
R - Curse of the Sad Mummy
Amumu entangles surrounding enemy units in bandages, causing them to be unable to move or attack and take damage each second.

Masteries: (Provided u wanna pick "Teleport" )

http://www.leaguecraft.com/masteries...03040100000000

Abilities:

Skill Tantrum first at lvl 5 and have to skill Tantrum every time u can cauze it helps u early game to be dreaded cauze u ll deal good dmg and ll get reduced physical dmg
Skill u ultimate at 6-11-16 , of course u need it
The rest is up to u

Item Builds: (3 Options)

a) Against a pure Caster(Mage) Team:

-Doran's Shield --> Sell it if u slots are filled and buy Chalice of Harmony or Spirit Visage
-Merkur's Boots
-Aegis of Legion
-Warmog's Armor
-Guardian Angel
-Force of Nature

b) Against a pure Team of Carrier/Melee 's:

-Doran's Shield -> sell it and buy Guardian Angel or Warden's Mail
-Ninja Tabil
-Sunfire Cape
-Sunfire Cape
-Aegis of Legion
-Thornmail

c) Against a balanced match-up:

-Doran's Shield -> sell it and buy Thormail (if carrier are fed) or Force of Nature (if mage are fed)
-Ninja Tabil
-Aegis of Legion
-Sunfire Cape
-Guardian Angel
-Abyssal Szepter/Bansee's Veil

Playstyle:

Early Game: U have to farm as much as u can with Tantrum , dont waste u mana by failing with Bandage toss too often
Use u ultimate smart - if u are solo at u turret which is under attack and a enemy is attacking u just stun him twice and get the kill :P

Mid game: Try to gank , get in the battle with bandage toss and use ur ultimate if its nessasarry (ur fed dd is almost dead) or if the fight seems to be out of control

Late game: Now its extremly hard to kill u - and with ur sunfire cape and urtantrum u will dealing a bit dmg , nevertheless dont solo anywhere cauze u are a teamplayer :P
use u ultimate perfectly and u ll contribute a lot to the victory !

Summoner Spells:

recommended: a) Teleport - very useful in any situations!
b) Ghost - best escape spell late game cauze it dues long
c) Cleanse/Flash - Flash is nice if u wanna escape early and mid game||Cleanse is very useful against teemo/zilean/stuner etc...
d)Fortify/Clairvoyance - extremly useful for premades

I Hope this guide ll help some newbies . I would be deeply grateful of some meaningful reviews . Gl & Hf - see ya ingame :P

exoup

03-27-2010

While I didn't get a chance to read over it all as my game of LoL was starting, I did skim it.
You should work on spelling/punctuation/grammar.

Also, use less smileys.
It looked painful to read over.

I guess I might try out this here guide later on when I'm playing Amumu.

FruityBananas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2010

1. Amumu's ult isn't an aoe stun. It's an aoe snare. They can still cast spells and flash away.
2. Grammar is important for everyone, as is spelling.
3. Smilies don't help a guide.
4. The longest stun ingame is ashe's ult, 3.5 seconds.

Nice try, but edit before your efforts get butchered on the forums. Also check your facts.

roninsm

03-27-2010

Mummy is supposed to jungle.

HawksGoCAW

03-27-2010

Having a sentence span
two lines is tough to read and very
annoying.

In
literary terms, it's
called caesura, where
you use some form of punctuation
to denote a pause in speaking. Common
forms are, of course, the
comma, period, semi-colon; however, it should
be
noted that a large space or line
break is just as effective.
---
Teleport on Amumu doesn't really seem all that useful. I go Cleanse and Ghost/Flash. Cleanse+Ghost is, I find, better at escaping than Flash, but Flash is a good way to initiate without using your bandage toss.

Ephiastos

03-28-2010

thank u . i know my grammar isnt that good , but actually the guide focuses the itembuild of Amumu and not really my grammar skills ....

btw - ashe ulti isnt an aoe stun i think and the duration depends on how long the arrow is "travelling" .....

to my humble opion teleport is one of the most useful summoner spells , anyway - this guide just represents my way of playing amumu . i pick teleport cauze i dont wanna loose exp or wanna coming too late for a gank where my ulti is needed.

but this is a matter of opinion . ty 4 u reviews very much indeed - i ll try to improve my english skills for my next guide !

Greets.

Lagenor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2010

Using grammar isn't for impressing people, it's to make sure your reader can actually read what you are saying. In other words, it's really important in guides, some parts are just plain confusing and hard to read. Better said in the reader's mind than what is on paper.

I'll have to try this guide tomorrow, thanks. ^^

Ephiastos

03-28-2010

yes sure , I absolutely agree with you

Well , i think Sunfire Cape is a custom-made item for Amumu , as Innervating Locket is for Alistar!

TaigaStance

Recruiter

03-28-2010

Sunfire Capes are terrible, cost too much for their stats, and are terrible.
The main problem with your builds is that they cost too much to be effective in most games. Amumu isn't a great farmer early game, and he's not a carry. Tantrum has a huge cooldown at low levels, and since minions attack minions as priority over champions, you're not going to be using it much.
Thus if you're getting the gold for all those items, your team is probably dominating.

Having said that, his ult is not a stun either.
And for the sake of it, try not to abbreviate small words like "you" into "u". That's called being lazy.