Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

In the Locker Room

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PackIdiot96

06-06-2011

A short fic detailing the pre-summoning rituals and workings of several champions within, as I like to call it, the "locker room". Enjoy and comment, please.

-----------------

"You again," Jax spoke, his voice betraying neither happiness nor disappointment, "I suppose you'll be laning with your buddy Akali, then?"

Shen simply nodded in silence as he checked the sharpness of his Vorpal Blades against a sheet of parchment. Slicing the thin piece effortlessly, his mask crinkled ever so slightly as a small grin appeared - then disappeared - on his face. Jax just shrugged and continued polishing his brass lamppost, his reflection gleaming in the light. He grinned from behind his mask.

"Yeah... Champ's lookin' good today," Jax muttered quietly, shifting around to his marked locker. He opened it with a quick thumb press and looked inside. Various mementos from his old win-streaks - a small piece of Garen's armor, one of Katarina's blades, and one of Teemo's feathers accenting the piece - hung from the inside of his locker, filling it up. A little niche in the corner was reserved for his trusty lamppost to rest.

On the other side of the locker room, Veigar kept to himself quietly and muttered unintelligible rantings about "evil" and "chaos". His locker was a dark mass, barely lit, and containing various artifacts collected over several years from his various dark masters, all of whom had shuddered when taking Veigar into tutelage. His dark face and pale eyes looked at all the memories, and if a champion could see his mouth they'd see a malicious smile forming.

Akali sat near Shen, staring intently into her locker. It was simple and, of course, promoted balance in every aspect and form. Everything was neatly arranged and the whole thing had a "mirrored" aspect to it, with all of her belongings stored equally on both sides. In the middle, her only personal memory hung, a faded and torn picture of her with the other two Kinkou warriors in the League - Shen and Kennen. She looked closely at the picture before shaking her head. There was work to be done on the Fields of Justice today...

Speaking of Shen, he was gone. After slicing the thin parchment, he'd left the curled pieces on the ground and gone to the locker room's restroom, the one place where he could get some privacy before the match. Undoing his face-wrappings, he looked long and hard at his scarred head. Opening his mouth, he grimaced as his red, bleeding gums came into view. The rest of his head wasn't faring much better, with several bruises and cuts marking his cheeks and forehead. He almost had the inclination to punch the wall, but he quickly quashed the desire before it even materialized in his head. Today, he was going to show his summoner exactly what he'd meant when he'd said to her, "A demonstration of superior judgment."

And finally, there was Teemo. The little Yordle had his locker at the very end of the hall, away from his comrades. He sighed quietly, trying to remember where he'd lost one of the feathers for his hat. His trusty blowgun lying on the floor in front of him, a dart barely peeking out of the tip. Teemo suddenly remembered that Jax, who'd versed him in a previous match, might have his beloved feather. He sighed.

"No use getting it back anyway," Teemo sighed sadly, "He'd just make fun of how short I am."

Yes, the little Yordle whom everyone adored felt quite left out on this team. His other Yordle friends, besides Veigar, of course, were absent. Suddenly, his left eye began to twitch, and he remembered what one of the League physicians had said about him.

"It's not good for Teemo to be this isolated from other Yordles for too long. He's getting restless, and I fear that his cheery demeanor might eventually break if this keeps up..."

Teemo's little lips pouted and his eyes blazed in a wicked scene. Picking up his blowgun, he pulled a potion from his little locker and began coating his darts in it: a new formula, personally recommended by Heimerdinger for increased effectiveness and stopping power against Void creatures...

"Champions, you have 5 minutes before spawning. Please complete any last adjustments and prepare to be teleported onto Summoner's Rift," the soft, female voice droned over the room's speakers, "Oh yes. Teemo, the League's Physicians Guild would like a word with you after this match is over."

And so, the locker room was filled with the noises of armor clinking and weapons locking into place. It was showtime...

KBLOB

06-06-2011

LoL GIRLS LOCKER ROOM FANSERVICE MOVIE.

Make it happen.

PackIdiot96

06-06-2011

Quote:
KBLOB:
LoL GIRLS LOCKER ROOM FANSERVICE MOVIE.

Make it happen.

LOL I just realized I have Akali in the locker room with the other guys...

Now I realize how improbable and strange the idea of "team locker rooms" is.

Heliostorm

06-06-2011

From Ezreal's lore, it kind of sounds like Champions just get summoned in the middle of whatever they're doing. Still an interesting idea though.

PackIdiot96

06-06-2011

Quote:
0TsarBomb0:
From Ezreal's lore, it kind of sounds like Champions just get summoned in the middle of whatever they're doing. Still an interesting idea though.

Well Ezreal's summoning is sort-of accidental, as he picked up a magical artifact to increase his power as a mage, and as such he has some adverse side-effects.

As for other champions, this isn't necessarily out of the question. Perhaps my story is a little too literal when it comes to "locker room", but a sort-of meeting room would be reasonable for champions to plan strategy and get ready.

MajesticRaven

06-06-2011

I had mine summoned from whatever they're doing, battle ready. Any supplies that need recovering are re-spawned through the summoner's connection and magical stuff (AKA, cooldowns ).

Though i did do something similar, they were placed in a room prior to summoner's rift to meet and greet, who would be laning with who, a preparation phase (AKA, lobbies )

I liked how the summoners connected though, and you got their personalities great. Poor little Teemo though, Jax stealing his feather like that ;_; Haha and the Physician? Seems Teemo can't win XD

belthazor3457

06-08-2011

Quote:
I had mine summoned from whatever they're doing,

<Tryndamere has been summoned>

<Tryndamere enters the locker room wearing a T-shirt and shorts>

Tryndamere: I was on the beach with Aka- erhm, I mean Ashe. What's going on?

Jax <first to be summoned and already changed>: Nothin' much. Just waiting for the others.

Tryndamere: Hey, you know, you're always the first to be summoned. Why havn't I ever seen you -

Jax: Nevermind that, let's get ready for the battle.

<Teemo has been summoned>

<Teemo enters the room wearing a fluffy bunny suit>

<Tryndamere and Jax stare at Teemo for several seconds>

Teemo: I had to do it. It was for a fund-raiser for some kids.

Tryndamere: Ouch... that sucks man.

<Morgana has been summoned>

<Morgana enters the room with oven mitts and an apron>

Morgana: WHAT!? NOW!? I WAS SUMMONED NOW!? MY COOKIES ARE ALMOST DONE! GRRR!!

<Morgana then angrily fires black balls of energy at various corners of the room, exploding the lockers of random champions>

<Morgana pulls out her Communication-Crystal>

Morgana <On Crystal>: Hey, sunnymuffins? I just got summoned. I need you to turn the oven off for me in a few minutes. Kay? Kay. Bai.

<Ezreal has been summoned>

<Ezreal has enters the room on his hands and knees, wearing a ball gag, black fishnets, and his hands tied behind his back>

Ezreal: Mmmph mmmph MMPH! ...mmph?? mmph? mmph!! mmphh!

"Whatever" they're doing, indeed, my friend. = )

MajesticRaven

06-08-2011

I was waiting for that last part to for agesss lmao.

The way i pictured it though is the champions are alerted before hand that a league battle will be happening (They are based on big city-state conflicts, so i imagine there's some preparation time and such) so the champions will prepare themselves and wait to be summoned. If they aren't summoned they can most likely watch, or if anything go about their business.

belthazor3457

06-08-2011

Yeah, they probably have all their combat equipment "Bound" to them so that it can be summoned with the champion themselves, would make the most sense.

Mjaxon

06-08-2011

I like belthazor's theory. LMAO at Ez's summoning outfit.