[Guide] Shen...the not crappy guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hysteri4

04-27-2010

with shen i usually just go

mercury treads
aegis
sunfire
sunfire
sunfire
sunfire

xD

on TT it works pretty well because most people play phys champions

if they have one or two mages just make one sunfire a banshees

Resilga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2010

Yeah but I just have such a hard time acquiring so many sunfire capes... can I mix a thornmail in there somewhere?

RE Bantos

05-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonEarny View Post
Frozen mallet/ ryalai's are nice, but not really going to help you tank well later on in the game.
Frozen Mallet gives you 700 health, and does indeed help tank by slowing your target, keeping them away from your allies.

Tentacles

08-13-2010

Hello, European dropping in with my 2 cents.

summoner skills
: ghost and.. fortify.

skills:Q,E & R. Do W last.

ruby crystal
phage
boots
ninja tabi
frozen mallet
legion of ageis
guardian angel
leviathan, force a nature, sunfire, ect
. This last item is situational.

ruby crystal: hp boost helps gank early game with taunt

ninja tabi: this is so much better then mercury’s treads, the dodge will decreases your damage intake greatly during team fights and while pushing lanes.

frozen mallet
: this will give you a major hp boost, this hp boost I believe is all you need until very late game. not only does it boost your hp astronomically, it gives a slow bonus. On shen who melees a lot can either be life saving or deadly. A fine example of this is when you're teammate is engaging an enemy, you ult him taunt then melee the enemy to death. They are incapable of escaping due to your taunt and slow. It also helps during team fights, you have just killed 3 of the enemies due to your fantastic ult on your teammate who was being focused. You see that sneaky kayle pop ghost and run, you pop ghost catch up with her, taunt, then slow her to death with your melee. Combined with your dash the slow on this is so friggin awesome.

ageis: helps during team fights, pushes ect.

guardian angel: you are not a hp shen, you are a defense/magic resistance taunt spamming shen. You are a ***** to kill, the enemy doesn't even bother to target you but you force them to by taunting them. This item allows you to act in a way you would not without it, you are able to be suicidal. If your team happens to lose a team fight or you're ganked this combined with dash and ghost is your escape mechanism. You die, they gather around you, in normal circumstances any tank would be screwed here. You revive pop ghost, and dash the hell out of there. Your taunt should take care of them stunning/slowing/caging you as players have a tendency to literally stand on you when you're dead to make sure they kill you. The cool down on this thing isn't a problem, you shouldn't be dieing every 1-4:59 seconds.

situational item: I suggest leviathan because if the game has lasted this long you should be winning team fights/ganks and are waiting to ace them then push. Sunfire cape is viable due to it being relatively cheap for the burst hp it gives and the fact it increases your damage output during team fights. If I'm strapped for cash I buy giants belt, the game usually ends there. If it doesn't I wait until 3k then trade my giants belt for a sunfire.

StardustxDragon

08-13-2010

i think u have to rush sunfire u cant farm without it

Fragit

08-22-2010

Tossing this out there, hella great guide! Not very good yet, 24/24 w/l ratio, just started on Thursday last week. Using this I just had by far my successful game, appreciate your work putting it together.

Screenshot included just because.

Cheers.

Larson McMurphy

09-04-2010

I don't see why everyone says Shen is such a horrible farmer. He's not a good farmer by any means, but he's not horrible. I usually get 80-100 minion kills in a game without getting sunfire cape. You can just spam vorpal blade for last hits.

Speusippus

09-04-2010

What's awesome is jungling with Shen. Jungle ninja tank.

RagnatheBloodedg

11-18-2010

A tip of my hat to the European, for the fortify. I am so tired of not seeing that run, especially when your the tank. DEFENSE IS YOUR JOB. Wag of my finger at the farming issue. You are a tank, assist gold is more important than farming. 100+ Minion kills? I average maybe 60-70 and finish with around 20 something assists, 15 or more aquired with my ult at midgame, and the rest at team fights. I even get 5+ kills of my own, often finishing off sprees by the enemy giving me a huge bonus. While I'm not a competitive player and likely pale in comparison to the majority of shen players in the world, I thank and appreciate all tanks that run fortify, and also, all support who run clairvoyance. No team needs 3 or more ignites. 2 shud be fine.

My item build so you can critque, thumbs down, w.e

Start!
Doran's Shield and 1 hp pot.

First return:
Begin aegis construction, get boots if possible by more pots or an elixir if really kicking ass.

Lvl 6 return:
Finish aegis and boots; merc if magic heavy, tabi if dps heavy. Start HoG or counter items.

after mid game, past 25 minute mark on average:
FoN/Thornmail/Rylai's Scepter

Really after aegis and boots you should focus on countering the enemy comp, you are a tank, meaning the more damage you can take the better your team will do in the long run. Always aim for hp items as they boost your passive, and more hp is always a plus.
NOTE: The tab key will bring up the scoreboard and will tell you what items the enemy gets, build to counter these items, don;t set yourself in stone. If you are good enough, or die a lot, then most of the time the game is over at 30 minutes or so anyways, by surrender most likely.