Constant Disconnecting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XenoFenix

03-26-2010

It's not my internet. I'll be playing and suddenly my mouse stops responding. I can see the game still running around my char, and sometimes he is doing his own thing too. Then after a while they all become unresponsive and I drop out. This happens at least once per game and I've had it happen over 6 times on several occasions. I've turned off my virus scanner when I play, so I know that isn't the problem. My internet always stays in tact, but my game keeps D/Cing me. Help?

XenoFenix

03-26-2010

Added DxDiag, hopefully this helps.

Laue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2010

Me too, but actually it's really big latency. Press CTRL + F when that happens and you should see something like 4000 ms latency and rising. And then D/C. Posted this issue in the latency sticky :/

Deriaz

03-27-2010

A friendly bump for the same problem here. Every other online program I have works fine -- other games run at a good ping, voice chat programs are smooth and don't hitch, and there's no problem with web-surfing. PvP.net works like a charm.

But once I'm in game, everything goes down the drain. Will see minions attacking things that died a long time ago yet refuse to disappear, champions that don't update where they are (which means I have to beg my friend in Vent to constantly update me about what's going on), recalls that you can't tell are going through or not, spikes of upwards of 20 seconds where things refuse to move. . . And then eventually it disconnects. Sometimes the disconnects don't even come, and yet I'll still live with the horrid lag.

The problem, for me, has become increasingly obvious since Mordekaiser's patch. It started off small, but it's gotten out of hand for me. Have tried turning off all background programs (even ones that don't need a connection), have turned off anti-virus, have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. . . Nada. Nothing helps.

XenoFenix

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deriaz View Post
A friendly bump for the same problem here. Every other online program I have works fine -- other games run at a good ping, voice chat programs are smooth and don't hitch, and there's no problem with web-surfing. PvP.net works like a charm.

But once I'm in game, everything goes down the drain. Will see minions attacking things that died a long time ago yet refuse to disappear, champions that don't update where they are (which means I have to beg my friend in Vent to constantly update me about what's going on), recalls that you can't tell are going through or not, spikes of upwards of 20 seconds where things refuse to move. . . And then eventually it disconnects. Sometimes the disconnects don't even come, and yet I'll still live with the horrid lag.

The problem, for me, has become increasingly obvious since Mordekaiser's patch. It started off small, but it's gotten out of hand for me. Have tried turning off all background programs (even ones that don't need a connection), have turned off anti-virus, have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. . . Nada. Nothing helps.
I never noticed when it started happening. I don't get the lag, I just get the D/C's like you in game. And like you, I can remain in ventrilo, my internet is fine. No idea what is going on. Hopefully we can get a fix out there.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-27-2010

Run a Netalyzr and post the results URL here so I can look at your connection...

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/

XenoFenix

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Run a Netalyzr and post the results URL here so I can look at your connection...

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/
Thank you for coming.

http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...a730-44d8-88bd

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoFenix View Post
The one of a couple of things that stand out in your log is the excessive network buffer your connection has. Having a large network buffer will manifest itself in dynamic content in the form of disconnects and latency. I would contact your ISP and have them look into the issue, it is specifically your uplink buffer that is very large. Also you can try disabling a few things on your end and see if it resolves the problem before you call your ISP, here is what and how.

Go to Control Panel > Network Connection > Right click your Network Connection, select properties. Once in the properties menu uncheck the box next to QoS packet scheduler, File and Printer Sharing, and Client for Microsoft Networks. Hit apply, restarted if asked, play the game and see how it goes.

Mainly the QoS can cause network issues sometimes and manifest as your perceived issue as well.

XenoFenix

04-28-2010

My ISP says everything is fine but I'm still having problems even after the patch. I seen someone refer to it as "hanging" before a disconnect.

XenoFenix

05-19-2010

I'm still having problems. I was doing a ping to google when it started acting up. I have not lost connection once, though many disconnects in game. Also, if I unplug my ethernet and replug, I disconnect and can reconnect to game. But when THIS problem occurs, I have to press no when it asks me to restart, then press reconnect. I am including logs.

I don't know why there are so many logs, maybe because I had to close client every time I disconnected, I'm not sure. Anything else I can do to get this fixed?

Edited in: I've already tried doing a clean reinstall.