How do ranked games work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nesterzarsus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2011

Only lvl 26 but I recently started watching stream replays of ranked games and had a question about how the team picks work for them. So does everyone pick one at a time? how do bans work? I only saw 4 slots for ban picks, does this mean one person doesn't get to ban a champ? how is this decided? is pick order random? also I'm assuming you can't ban a champ that's already been picked, is this correct?

Oh and what's with the "switch" option? The only reason I can see for it is if you're well known for playing a certain champ, and having the first pick on your team grab him/her so they don't get banned, is this correct?

I haven't decided if I'll play any ranked games, do they give bigger IP amounts? There are enough people who take everything way too seriously in matchmaking as it is, I'd hate to see the abuse from messing up a bit in ranked.

Thanks in advance.

Nesterzarsus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2011

bump

MajinKain0

06-05-2011

The player in the first slot (highest ELO) on both teams are in charge of bans, Team A gets a ban, then Team B gets two bans, then Team A gets another ban. After the bans are in teams start drafting champions. Drafting goes as follows: Team B gets 1 pick, Team A gets 2 picks, Team B gets 2 picks, Team A gets 2 picks, Team B gets 2 picks, Team A gets 1 pick.

The switch option is there so your someone on a team can pick a champion for a teammate before the other team has the chance to draft them and then trade them after all picks have been made for another champion.

Dyr?lby

09-07-2011

Bump