Gamespy interviews Tom Zileas Cadwell

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Christian Slater

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2010

Me and my co-worker were just talking about LoL being released too early. And i laughed at him because he spent money on a beta game. But then i realised i spent money on it too. haha. Still it is a great game and the community would not help to develop it if you did not release it at the time you did.

Christian Slater approves this message.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

03-26-2010

Not too thrilled with the idea of having a limited pool of champs to choose from each season. Hope you guys are open to some suggestions/tweaking in that department.

@Torinux: What I think they mean is that instead of being able to choose from the 50 or so heroes they have at that time, you will be able to select from 25 of their choosing for ranked play. This means that if you're 10 'mains' are not on that list, you're gonna have to get a new main. And if the new hero I just bought for $10bucks isnt on that list, I'll have to resort to only playing that hero in unranked games.

It makes sense to a degree, especially considering the influx of heroes we've gotten lately. They cant all be balanced from the get-go. I just hope its a decent sized pool and they take the community's opinions into consideration. (They usually do <3)

Torinux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFatNuts View Post
Not too thrilled with the idea of having a limited pool of champs to choose from each season. Hope you guys are open to some suggestions/tweaking in that department.
Yeah that idea is like 50/50 chance that either work great or be a total failure. But in all honesty, I can careless I "main" like 10 heroes so that wouldn't be a problem for me

Lord Thanatos

03-26-2010

Congratulations Riot.

You have done well and LoL is just in it's first official year (without counting the beta)

I do hope you guys will have time and funds to make lots of mods and improvements.

Remember too have at least 30% female champions :P

Bodandly

03-26-2010

That was a very good interview! It made me excited for LOL's future.

CLG HotdogGG

03-26-2010

There are so many new ideas here, and so little time. I can't wait for them to be implemented!

Ireulcheg

03-26-2010

LOL Strategy:
Make OP champ players happy.
Making support champs players happy never gets further than talking about it.
"The most worthless feature of LoL" aka Matchmaking is good enough(though I had posts about it and have gotten replies RIOT never said anything about matchmaking being good, now I have proof).
There's at least 8 times we heard "soon"TM. And 2 "very soon"TM. Means something will be going in 2-3 months, and something will be delivered as soon as year ends.

Impression: Negative, more said than done.

Bramblewood

03-26-2010

Quote:
Ryan Scott: Are you trying to deter the concept of a "carry" champion -- a character who gets strong and sees their team to victory?
Tom Cadwell: It's OK if any person who is really successful becomes a carry. We don't want to have a carries in a DotA sense, where someone's preordained as being the carry. At least, not to the degree that they are [in DotA]. What we don't want is the entire team just becoming impossible to kill, which has happened in the past at various points in our game balance.

Wait...don't you have champions designated as "carries"? Like Ashe, for example...it's listed as one of her attributes.

Ireulcheg

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblewood View Post
[/INDENT]Wait...don't you have champions designated as "carries"? Like Ashe, for example...it's listed as one of her attributes.
DotA has another definition of carry:
A person with agility-based hero, who's been killing mobs for 40-50 minutes to become fed enough to ace enemy team with minimal support or no support at all.

Which is the main reason I prefer LoL.

Sylph

Emissary of the League

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblewood View Post
[/INDENT]Wait...don't you have champions designated as "carries"? Like Ashe, for example...it's listed as one of her attributes.
Yeah; I think you missed the point. It was made in reference to another subject.